Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:06:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We're WAY too CONFIDENT about the current BTC Price. See picture in topic.  (Read 9382 times)
Nemesis

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 03:16:39 AM

I tell people that "okay, so you think it will drop? then short it(some exchanges support this)" most people are quiet after that - lol

the reason why they're quiet is because they already sold their coins...... lol yeah i want price to drop to buy back in.
Paladin69

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 05:28:31 AM

If it drops Ill just buy a hole bunch of bitcoins and hope it has one of these huge up sprees in prices again

Same here. I've been telling all my bitcoin friends that I hope it goes to $100. I'll still sell at $350 on the way down and make a good profit. Then I'll buy a boat load at the bottom and start all over again. I'm ready to ride this love rollercoaster!

you clearly don't really understand investing or btc that well, but its ok. basically don't expect it to go back to 100, unless the us government shuts it down or something, but then it will be worth $0 (this is incredibly unlikely, and possibly impossible). i'd say the lowest it would go at this point would be perhaps $200, but like come on...

Could very easily fall close to hundred if the Chinese Government decides BTC China should be shut down.  They don't let their people invest in much...so why give their btc exchange a free pass?

The only reason why it probably isn't shut down yet is because some colluding with Government officials is going on. A few rich people are clearly involved right now.
DoomDumas
Legendary

Activity: 1002

Bitcoin

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 05:40:48 AM

Sorry, dont want to be negative, but this kind of chart is CRAPPY !

Use Logscale charts, then you'll get some credibility !

Here's the char for the last running 12 months... ending with this month so far:

I'd like to point out the bubble that burst back in april. It didn't just fall from $266 to $200... it literally tanked. Now I'd like to draw your attention to the right side of this chart... see something similar?

Yep. If you're dealt with bitcoins for a long time, you'll know that history has repeated itself in the past with bitcoin (Remember the first time it hit $28?? haha.. yeah we were all shocked.)

Anyway, be very very very careful.

DoomDumas
Legendary

Activity: 1002

Bitcoin

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 05:42:48 AM

you do know that those charts mean nothing if they aren't logarithmic. i hope you know what those are.

going parabolic in log = madness

THIS IS RELEVANT !   Thanks
haightst

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 09:06:10 AM

If it drops Ill just buy a hole bunch of bitcoins and hope it has one of these huge up sprees in prices again

Same here. I've been telling all my bitcoin friends that I hope it goes to $100. I'll still sell at $350 on the way down and make a good profit. Then I'll buy a boat load at the bottom and start all over again. I'm ready to ride this love rollercoaster!

you clearly don't really understand investing or btc that well, but its ok. basically don't expect it to go back to 100, unless the us government shuts it down or something, but then it will be worth $0 (this is incredibly unlikely, and possibly impossible). i'd say the lowest it would go at this point would be perhaps $200, but like come on...

Could very easily fall close to hundred if the Chinese Government decides BTC China should be shut down.  They don't let their people invest in much...so why give their btc exchange a free pass?

The only reason why it probably isn't shut down yet is because some colluding with Government officials is going on. A few rich people are clearly involved right now.

not shut down you mean - taken over! bwaaahahaaha =)
umaOuma

Activity: 938

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 09:13:47 AM

I tell people that "okay, so you think it will drop? then short it(some exchanges support this)" most people are quiet after that - lol

the reason why they're quiet is because they already sold their coins...... lol yeah i want price to drop to buy back in.

Selling all coins is not best, you can never be sure you will be able to buy lower
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2013, 09:16:14 AM

Selling all coins is not best, you can never be sure you will be able to buy lower

It cuts both ways really. How can you be sure that the price will ever go higher? Cool

umaOuma

Activity: 938

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 09:28:23 AM

It cuts both ways really. How can you be sure that the price will ever go higher? Cool

You can never be sure. But when you sell all at 400, and no correction under 400 happens next half year, when do you buy, never?
haightst

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 09:29:49 AM

21million bitcoins X  - > how many people are on the planet?  /\5OO+KABOOMMM!!!  Cool
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2013, 09:48:52 AM

You can never be sure.

At first you said you can never be sure you will be able to buy lower, now you say you can just never be sure (for anything). I like the train of your thought, dude! Grin

But when you sell all at 400, and no correction under 400 happens next half year, when do you buy, never?

I could have said something about price going down to zero within the next three months, but what actually matters are relevant facts, not wishful thinking. Do you have any, pro and contra?

vps15

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Gain more btc! https://satoshicircle.com/?aid=1718

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 01:48:20 AM

probs should have listened to me...

Feeling poor? Gain back losses or INCREASE PROFITS with https://satoshicircle.com/?aid=1718
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 01:54:17 AM

I certainly agree and hope we're right since I have been selling some of my btc off on the way up. Last time the price rose like this was because of the Cyprus debacle and this time its China. The difference this time from that spike and the 2011 $30 spike is that this one has been more sustained, so I don't think we're going to sell off as much %-wise, but I am anxiously awaiting a significant price drop.

I'm grumpy!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: