Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:44:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Flexcoin Invites  (Read 4916 times)
the founder (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 11:48:49 AM

passwords now at 20 characters, as suggested in the forum.

Bitcoin RSS App / Bitcoin Android App / Bitcoin Webapp http://www.ounce.me  Say thank you here:  1HByHZQ44LUCxxpnqtXDuJVmrSdrGK6Q2f

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitMofo

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 01:36:03 PM

That's a bit extreme as most don't have a 20 character password...

How difficult would it be to make the email address you registered your login instead? Keeping your ID just for internal payments?

1HNffyHktcD2iB6WJhPxKbALJdg4dwerTG
the founder (OP)

Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 01:44:16 PM

How difficult would it be to make the email address you registered your login instead? Keeping your ID just for internal payments?

technically it's 6-20 characters... so people can make it as easy or as secure as they want....   i'll see what I can do about that..but I think at some level it becomes too confusing to people.

Bitcoin RSS App / Bitcoin Android App / Bitcoin Webapp http://www.ounce.me  Say thank you here:  1HByHZQ44LUCxxpnqtXDuJVmrSdrGK6Q2f
nhodges

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 10:04:18 PM

technically it's 6-20 characters... so people can make it as easy or as secure as they want....   i'll see what I can do about that..but I think at some level it becomes too confusing to people.

Are you going to answer my question of how you are insuring the interest accumulated? Or are we just gambling that the house will have made enough on their rake to pay the betters? Wink

indio007

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2011, 03:31:41 AM

Uhmm... I'm still waiting for a Flexcoin invite. I  received the confirmation email 4 days ago. What gives?
the founder (OP)

Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2011, 11:15:26 AM

When you register use the email address you requested an invite from.  It should let you in Smiley. If not let me know

randomguy7

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 02, 2011, 11:23:43 AM

When are you going to open registration to the public?
the founder (OP)

Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2011, 12:09:27 PM

We were hoping to do it yesterday,  but a forum member here noticed a minor bug.  We're handing out invites on request.  Just pm me your email and I'll add you guys in manually.

TheBitMan

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2011, 02:06:44 PM

I like the feel of the site  Smiley
TheBitMan

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2011, 02:08:11 PM

We were hoping to do it yesterday,  but a forum member here noticed a minor bug.  We're handing out invites on request.  Just pm me your email and I'll add you guys in manually.
I just made an account..am I suppose to be able to do that? lol
qikaifu

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

God creats math and math creats bitcoin.

View Profile
August 02, 2011, 02:56:40 PM

this is a ponzi scheme, and I guess if you join right now and leave at a early future, you will earn some money from fools.

If you see any of my suggestions useful, please donate me. http://btc.to/ec
the founder (OP)

Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2011, 03:05:04 PM

I just made an account..am I suppose to be able to do that? lol

yes you are ...  you registered for an invite earlier.. as long as you use the email that you registered with.

the founder (OP)

Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2011, 03:08:58 PM

this is a ponzi scheme, and I guess if you join right now and leave at a early future, you will earn some money from fools.

uhh no...  ponzi implies that only the early adopters make money...  no one is getting rich from the tiny interest payments.     The income / interest payment is an open formula.

flexcoin to flexcoin = free
flexcoin to bitcoin = 1/2 of 1% (and it's all inclusive IE: miners fees are included in that number)
bitcoin to flexcoin = free

of that 1/2 of 1% ..  roughly 1/2 of that goes to the miner... the other half is divided into 2 parts.   70% goes back as interest payments to the users,  30% is for flexcoin to generate revenue.

there is no secrets regarding it.

bizzy

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 01:05:46 AM

Flexcoin founder, if you are intending to earn money from mining (as per your FAQ), is the mining hardware going to be funded from a proportion of customers' balances?
the founder (OP)

Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2011, 01:13:28 AM

We opted against mining..  It's going to be fully funded from the transaction fee

nhodges

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 01:25:02 AM

We opted against mining..  It's going to be fully funded from the transaction fee

So there is no guarantee of interest payments, and nothing giving users to make transactions the ... am I correct?

Have you thought about a public opening on GLBSE to maybe raise some actual starting capital?

the founder (OP)

Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2011, 03:18:55 AM
Last edit: August 03, 2011, 03:42:13 AM by the founder (FlexCoin)

We opted against mining..  It's going to be fully funded from the transaction fee

So there is no guarantee of interest payments, and nothing giving users to make transactions the ... am I correct?

Have you thought about a public opening on GLBSE to maybe raise some actual starting capital?

There is a guarantee of payments... it's just going to be off the transactional fees.. no one is going to get rich off the interest payments.. but they will be delivered each month.  fractions of a fraction of a bitcoin is what most people would expect.

Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2011, 03:26:45 AM

This guy apparently lives about 1.5 hour's drive from me. If it turns out to be a ponzi scheme, I'll happily drive over and punch someone in the nose (for a fee)
the founder (OP)

Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2011, 03:40:21 AM

This guy apparently lives about 1.5 hour's drive from me. If it turns out to be a ponzi scheme, I'll happily drive over and punch someone in the nose (for a fee)

of course because the guy running a ponzi scheme also puts his company on the line that services fortune 500 firms... Smiley

seriously if you guys want to know the business model i'll give it to you..

we're going to try to build the most secure, reliable bitcoin bank / wallet out there..   if it works.. we are hoping that we'll be part of the bitcoin infrastructure and eventually stores and individuals will be trading via flexcoin id's rather than bitcoin addresses.

We envision Meze Grill accepting flexcoins via flexcoin id "MezeGrill" or just "meze" ..  if we reach that level of adoption then the transaction levels would be high enough to allow it to be profitable to a decent level.

that's our current goal... in order to do that we need to ensure that people trust our service.. hence why I for the most part had to tie Yooter in for brand recognition since we have been in business for over a decade.

but to be honest security levels that would be in most cases fairly secure don't even match up to what bitcoin businesses need to be at.   our biggest fear is to be goxed, mybitcoined,  or whatever...  so yea we're limiting it to invites until we can check 1000 times over... and some forum members here are VERY helpful... discovering holes and telling us where they are.

Every single day that goes by we're slowly adding more people, and slowly adding more services, increasing security, and slowly building trust...  one day we're hoping this will pan out for us and everyone using the service,  as grandma can now actually use bitcoins.

dr_nix

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 01:39:38 PM
Last edit: August 03, 2011, 02:43:12 PM by dr_nix

Speaking about bugs...
When trying to register:
Fatal error: [edited]
I think it involves a typo Wink
Also, I PM'd you about an invite, not sure if you gave me one.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: