Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 08:40:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking to buy a computer just for bitcoin mining  (Read 562 times)
happyliving:) (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 08:52:18 AM

Hello Everyone,
I have attempted to research what computer specs are required in order to be able to mine bitcoin effectively without crashing my computer.
Could someone please advise me what is the recommended processing speed or computer specs that that are required to be able to dedicate one whole computer to mine bitcoin?
Thank you,
Andrei
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2013, 09:22:48 AM

Hello there. I'm assuming that you're planning on GPU mining?
If so, then you can't do that on bitcoin. With the current difficulty, and the amount of hashrate that ASICs provide, an GPU would only create losses.
If you want to mine using a GPU consider scrypt coins.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
majorX

Activity: 267
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 09:35:36 AM

Hello Everyone,
I have attempted to research what computer specs are required in order to be able to mine bitcoin effectively without crashing my computer.
Could someone please advise me what is the recommended processing speed or computer specs that that are required to be able to dedicate one whole computer to mine bitcoin?
Thank you,
Andrei

If you mean host computer for ASIC unit, all you need is Raspberry Pi
r00tbg

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 01:13:19 PM

At the time of the gold rush, most have won those selling tools for digging for gold!
Becomes more difficult to dig Bitcoins. Maybe it's better with the money to buy anycoins instead of buying hardware.
rpg

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 01:29:32 PM

Hello Everyone,
Thank you,
Andrei

you'll never get your money back. But you want to mine as a hobby:

- for scrypt coins with GPUs you want a mother board with enough PCIe-16 connectors to attach your GPUs
- for ASIC you want a motherboard with enough USB connections, but faster ASIC connect into your modem, no need for a computer

Except for one or 2, all other ALT coins will not be around a year from now, so to mine with GPUs you want a pool that mines the best and converts them into BTC
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2013, 01:43:22 PM

Hello Everyone,
Thank you,
Andrei

you'll never get your money back. But you want to mine as a hobby:

- for scrypt coins with GPUs you want a mother board with enough PCIe-16 connectors to attach your GPUs
- for ASIC you want a motherboard with enough USB connections, but faster ASIC connect into your modem, no need for a computer

Except for one or 2, all other ALT coins will not be around a year from now, so to mine with GPUs you want a pool that mines the best and converts them into BTC
This is incorrect.
Stop sharing false information.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
sushi

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

ASIC Myth Buster

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 01:56:49 PM

If you want to mine for fun/hobby, go get ASIS Miners.  CPU mining, forget it.  GPU, it's almost a history but you can still mine a particle of BTC...

May be go buy BTC and hold it or day trade at the market if you are looking for the profit

>>> PM me for New ASIC Miner's Info.  We will go check it out <<<
FEEL GENEROUS TODAY?  ==> 1AHNusc3BQA2QJCokySAQ1Qtymr1ZyAG6P
jeppe

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 02:01:25 PM

hey if ur gonna do bitcoin mining invest in ASICs but they are not profitable anymore due to diff skyrocketing. I would recommend scrypt mining using GPUs as they can easily be resold to a gamer. Buy some used 7950s on ebay and try it out Smiley
Good luck Smiley
Gator-hex

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 03:55:44 PM

Any computer with USB 2/3 ports can mine Bitcoin if you buy an ASIC. Some ASCIs don't even need a computer.

If you want to mine Bitcoins with CPU/GPU you've missed the boat. Try mining Litecoin instead.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: