Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:54:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bounty Campaigns manipulate your investment decision?  (Read 153 times)
TrustedDapps (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 06:32:36 PM

For everybody interested in Bounty Campaigns and how they can affect your ICO investment decision. I just published a critical blog post about this topic:

https://medium.com/trusteddapps/how-ico-bounty-campaigns-can-manipulate-your-investment-decision-41f83553fa41

Feedback is highly appreciated, let`s discuss this...
renef132

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 06:38:59 PM

Ok, so what do you think about the $1M Nucleus Bounty Campaign? They have 60k subs on reddit and 60 people are online right now?
jbautistangina

Activity: 258
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 06:42:18 PM

Of course not,why would these projects can manipulate your own decision? you still have freedom to choose to invest or not,doesnt matter if the project is legit or a potential scam because what matters is,if you are doing your research you wont be joining any potential scam projects because you know the risk of losing your money.

vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1117

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 06:43:47 PM

i dont make a decision because of a bounty campaign. but some times i check which bounty campaigns are running. and by checking this i see whats going on. and after that i check the projects / coins / tokens. and sometimes i take part in a bounty campaign....  Roll Eyes
renef132

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 06:46:09 PM

But if you pay people to talk good about the project that could be misleading ? I mean yes do your own research, but it seems that the amount of Reddit/Telegram followers is not necessary a good sign if they are bought ?
Artifex
Legendary

Activity: 1490
Merit: 1019

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2018, 06:48:10 PM

A quality project has a good Bounty campaign. This is a required attribute. Without the Bounty the project will look askance. Before participating in the campaign, check the project. Peace!

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
TrustedDapps (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 06:52:43 PM

Of course not,why would these projects can manipulate your own decision? you still have freedom to choose to invest or not,doesnt matter if the project is legit or a potential scam because what matters is,if you are doing your research you wont be joining any potential scam projects because you know the risk of losing your money.

Sure, if you already have profound knowledge in the space and time to do a proper research most likely u wont fall for a scam.

However, if you haven`t and trust paid content, comments and likes by individuals who are part of the paid bounty campaign you might fall for it.

All I am saying is, that paid opinion of bounty campaigns is not that easy to track and can mislead people.
Leona Lewis

Activity: 181
Merit: 5

Token That Will Transform The Venture Capital Mark

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2018, 07:00:07 PM

For everybody interested in Bounty Campaigns and how they can affect your ICO investment decision. I just published a critical blog post about this topic:

https://medium.com/trusteddapps/how-ico-bounty-campaigns-can-manipulate-your-investment-decision-41f83553fa41

Nice thoughts.Before reading your post, I just heard one point from your article:
if, let’s say 20% of the project’s tokens are paid to Bounty Hunters, they are very likely to sell there tokens immediately after the ICO in order to cash out. Therefore, the price of the token might drop by 20%
BTW never saw ICO with bounty more than 6% of tokens.

▂▂▂▂▂  E Q U I  ▂▂▂▂▂
Transforming Venture Capital
TrustedDapps (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 07:07:17 PM

Nice thoughts.Before reading your post, I just heard one point from your article:
if, let’s say 20% of the project’s tokens are paid to Bounty Hunters, they are very likely to sell there tokens immediately after the ICO in order to cash out. Therefore, the price of the token might drop by 20%
BTW never saw ICO with bounty more than 6% of tokens.

Viola.ai = 28% Bounty. You can read it in the blog post Wink
sethme

Activity: 116
Merit: 24

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 07:16:17 PM

quite right. it is your own decision, anyhow. bounty campaign just widen a number of potential ICO participants. and in distinction from usual ads its not so beautiful to manipulate
TrustedDapps (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 07:25:27 PM

quite right. it is your own decision, anyhow. bounty campaign just widen a number of potential ICO participants. and in distinction from usual ads its not so beautiful to manipulate

But isn`t the big difference that you know what is an ad and what is not. But a positive article about an ICO on Medium or Steemit (which the author got paid for with tokens but didnt announce this in the article) you can`t identify as paid content? And therefore you might think it is a honest opinion?
hitrawal91

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

BitcoinSN - The Real Bitcoin!!!

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2018, 07:54:21 PM

Yes of course for sure, it has some great tendency to manipulate our investment decision as it first directly manipulates our mindset. Because it is the bounty campaign management and their backend support shows the truth of their managing staffs and members how active and strong they are, how serious are they regarding their project work and how they are helping the investors and traders who are investing their hard earned money in their high-value project work. By noting all these things our investment decisions will come out and there are chances of high manipulation here also.

▬▬ ● ● BitCoinSN ● ● ▬▬
▰▰ LITEPAPER ▰▰▰▰   The Original Bitcoin!!!  ▰▰▰▰ ANN THREAD ▰▰
▲▼  WEB SITE  ▲▼ TWITTER  ▲▼ TELEGRAM  ▲▼ FACEBOOK   ▲▼ DISCORD  ▲▼
mangkanor

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 09:05:33 PM

Your decision will still be in your hands,not ours and these ICOs! do a lot of research dig up some informations from the people behind the team,if you have found theres someone hiding their identity stay away,because it doesnt matter if the project is legit or has a lot of potentials,because if someone is hiding their identity there will be a big possibility of getting scammed.Do not rely to other's suggestions,follow your research based on facts,avoid ICOs with redflags.

carlowell

Activity: 168

Presale Starting May 1st

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 08:18:55 PM

I don't think that matters because bounty hunters will join a bounty campaign when they just feel they want to join.
on my own experiences, there are too many ICOs and Crypto project that has no working products and project but just a plain white papers and nothing more.
when I discover that an ICO will soon have a good products or projects then I'll take it down to my lists and I only do hit Invest button when they bumped on coinmarketcap.com and coin exchanges. that means when they're worth for my investments then I don't hesitate to invest, otherwise I just want to join bounty campaigns without reading everything to their websites.

platinov_and

Activity: 364
Merit: 110

SPOKKZ

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 09:18:18 PM

I think if the project does not hold Bounty campaign, then he will not gather a lot of money and will not succeed. Bounty Campaign is the best way to advertise a project. Without advertising, the project will never succeed, because nobody knows about this project.

────────  SPOKKZ  ────────  
A COMMUNITY-POWERED FILM & TV BLOCKCHAIN ECOSYSTEM
────────  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Linkedin ⬝  Medium   ──────── Join Pre-Sale
TheFirstCreator

Activity: 392
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 09:31:05 PM

Personally, I participate in some bounty campaigns, but I invest mostly in completely different coins. Therefore, it does not affect me.
Fahim

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:22:58 PM

This is advertising. Any advertising is marketing. And marketing in its turn is manipulation. The company's bounty here has nothing to do with it. It's only one part. I think advertising on television and everywhere on the streets is the same manipulation. But there is nothing wrong with that. It's just our life.
maimainguyen05

Activity: 252
Merit: 105

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:31:18 PM

Of course it can be Smiley). For example, for me I'm often interested in ICO project has bounty campaign managed by truthworthy and famous bounty manager in this forum like Yahoo,
Aerys2 or Amazix team. According to what I know, ICO project has bounty campaign managed by these bounty managers was very successful, especially ICO project has bounty campaign managed by Yahoo, he's the best bounty campaign manager IMO and Indahash is an example for ICO project has bounty campaign managed by Yahoo, it was very successful and the price much higher than ICO price Smiley). I think a lot of investors felt regret because they didn't invest in this project Smiley)

jhanson

Activity: 135

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:34:05 PM

I think all bounties doe is spread awareness. At the end of the day it comes down to DYOR and if you're that easily manipulated well that's your fault lol.

I go after good projects with real world value like Algebraix. With the recent data exploitation scandals, we need a platform like theirs plsu you get paid to watch ads. https://algebraix.io/
lolchina

Activity: 294
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:41:15 PM

Yeah they do help for ico to get exposure but doesnt really change my mind about if the project and idea behind it are solid or not.Also bounty hunters dont reallly have any afect on the price after ico is completed because at best they get 5% of all coins sold....
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: