Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:03:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My account is hacked! How to recover  (Read 145 times)
Aliraza6o6 (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 09:03:13 PM

Hi, this is my profile which is hacked.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=858869

I was unable to use bitcointalk.org since my last login and last active correctly shown on the profile page. I saw some security log website of bitcointalk and searched my self "ahpkind" and found that it showed Password changed and I correctly remember that I was too busy to anything and I just checked 1 thread or two. After that I was busy for about a week and when I checked my account it was automatically logged out from it ( I chose to stay logged in when I logged in last time ) and when I tried to log in it says incorrect password.

I tried the forgot password option trying to reset it via email but I am out of luck and cannot get any email from bitcointalk.org ( I have checked spam and everything ) and about other option ( asking question ) it says that you haven't set any question. I signed up in 2016 and cannot remember if I had added any security question or not.

Can anyone please help me get my account back?

By the way this is my friends' account. Thanks!
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mohieddine

Activity: 168
Merit: 9

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 09:30:44 PM

I found the answer
It is here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=497545.0

Thank you
  Smiley
Aliraza6o6 (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 11:48:32 PM

I found the answer
It is here:

Thank you
  Smiley

I read that one. Can you please guide me through this template?

-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
My account <account> has been hacked/lost. Please reset the email to <email>. The current date is <date>.
-----BEGIN SIGNATURE-----
<insert address here>
<insert signature here>
-----END BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Here is the unedited post where I posted that address: ...
OR
I sent that address to someone in a PM with PM ID#...

I am having confusion in almost everything except the account, email and date field obviosly. Thank you for answering.
bingble

Activity: 111

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2018, 03:28:56 AM

Sorry for your account lost, hoping you can get your account back.

I have not hacked or been hacked on BTT,  I am confused why there are so many accounts hacked and can't be gotten back. On other websites, we can get our account back or reset the password easily by email of cell phone verification. Is it not available on BTT ?
cryptosec.info

Activity: 138
Merit: 74

NotYourKeys.Org

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2018, 03:35:58 AM

I found the answer
It is here:

Thank you
  Smiley

I read that one. Can you please guide me through this template?

-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
My account <account> has been hacked/lost. Please reset the email to <email>. The current date is <date>.
-----BEGIN SIGNATURE-----
<insert address here>
<insert signature here>
-----END BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Here is the unedited post where I posted that address: ...
OR
I sent that address to someone in a PM with PM ID#...

I am having confusion in almost everything except the account, email and date field obviosly. Thank you for answering.

You have to sign a message using your wallet with the address affiliated with your hacked account. This is to provide proof that the hacked account is indeed yours.

NotYourKeys.org - Not Your Keys, Not Your Bitcoin.
-----
Join the Bitcointalk movement: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5292109
Aliraza6o6 (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 08:52:27 PM

You have to sign a message using your wallet with the address affiliated with your hacked account. This is to provide proof that the hacked account is indeed yours.

What if I don't remember the account linked to my lost account? Becuase I have 2-3 BTC accounts that I would link and I cannot remember which I have put there. Sad
markdario112616

Activity: 816
Merit: 133

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 07:37:37 AM

What if I don't remember the account linked to my lost account? Becuase I have 2-3 BTC accounts that I would link and I cannot remember which I have put there. Sad

Then you probably can't recover it. I wonder what's the purpose of having 2-3 BTC accounts..
Aliraza6o6 (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 08:42:23 PM

Then you probably can't recover it. I wonder what's the purpose of having 2-3 BTC accounts..
Well, then I guess I am out of luck. About 2-3 BTC accounts, 1 was an official wallet, 1 was from an exchange and 1 was for my personal testing purposes. And yeah, I used to use different on different places. Plus I was a total noob in crypto world till October 2017 now I have a little bit know how about crypto world.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: