Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:32:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there really any point in buying alts right now, I personally don't think so.  (Read 406 times)
preshpr1nce

Activity: 266
Merit: 60

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:22:23 AM
Merited by Bardman (1)

I don't agree myself, I'm swing trading on alts and making more BTC in a week than I would trading USDT to BTC, my BTC value is slowly climbing.
When to buy and when to sell are the keys to profit, in both a bear and bull market.

Even in a bull market, holding for a fixed period doesn't bring the same profits as selling at peaks and moving your coins around, in a bull market I hold based on BTC activity or the coins strength, if I see a turn in either I sell back to BTC and wait for things to correct again.

In a bear market, I take smaller profits and move them around between coins based on their position, when everything is at the bottom the BTC dips don't impact alts as much compared to a dip in a bull market.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
blozo

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 10:24:21 AM

Buy low, sell High!  Smiley

Next alts bull cycle will occur when people will not expect it!

Of course, I'm referring to quality alts with legit long-term projects...

Bardman (OP)

Activity: 952
Merit: 516

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 02:12:01 PM

I don't agree myself, I'm swing trading on alts and making more BTC in a week than I would trading USDT to BTC, my BTC value is slowly climbing.
When to buy and when to sell are the keys to profit, in both a bear and bull market.

Even in a bull market, holding for a fixed period doesn't bring the same profits as selling at peaks and moving your coins around, in a bull market I hold based on BTC activity or the coins strength, if I see a turn in either I sell back to BTC and wait for things to correct again.

In a bear market, I take smaller profits and move them around between coins based on their position, when everything is at the bottom the BTC dips don't impact alts as much compared to a dip in a bull market.

Unless they are some obscure alt coins, I feel like top 20-30 coins are always behind bitcoin's price so there isn't really much point in swing trading them instead of bitcoin, bitcoin has better swings than eth or ltc, for example.

█
 ▐ █  
  █
 ▐ █  

▄████████████████████▄
██████▀░░░░░░░░███████
████▀░░░▄████▄░░░░████
███░░▄█▀▀░░░░▀▀██░░███
██░░░█▌░██████░░██░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░███████████░░██
██░░░█▌░░█████▌░▐█░▐██
███░░▀█▌░░█▀░░▄██▀░▐██
████▄░░▀██████████████
██████▄░░░░███████████
▀████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████░░██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
████████░░░░░░████████
███████░░░▐▌░░░███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
█████░░░░████░░░░█████
████░░░░██████░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████

.a.

░░██████████████████████████████████████░░
██████████████████████████████████████████
████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████
██████████░█████████████████████░█████████
█████████░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░████████
████████░███░█████████████████░████░██████
██████░███░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░███░░████
█████░███░████░█████████████░████░████░███
███░░███░████░░██████████████░████░████░██
████░░███░░████░███████████░░████░████░███
██████░░███░░███░░████████░████░████░█████
████████░████░░███░░████░████░████░███████
█████████░░████░████░███████░████░████████
███████████░░███░░███░░████████░██████████
█████████████░████░████░█████░████████████
███████████████░████░░███░░███████████████
█████████████████░████░███████████████████
██████████████████░░███░░█████████████████
████████████████████░░████████████████████
█████████████████████░████████████████████
░░██████████████████████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
█████████████████▀░░██
██████████▀░███▀░░░░██
█████████▀░░██░░░░░░██
███████▀░░░░█░░░░░░░██
██████▀░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
█████▀░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████▀░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
███▀░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██▀░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
▀████████████████████

▄████████████▀███████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
████░░██░░░░█░░░████░█
███░░█░░░░██░░░░░░░░░█
██░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░██
█████████░░░██░░░█████
████████░░░█░░░░██████
███████░░░░░░░░░██████
██████░░░░░░█░░███████
█████░░░░░███░░███████
████░░░░░███░░░███████
██████░░░░░░░░░███████
▀████████████████████
Rexpax

Activity: 141

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 02:23:04 PM

Altcoins always follow bitcoin price, when bitcoin goes up - the alts go up too. But they make a more significant profit as compared to bitcoin and usually outperform bitcoin. But when bitcoin goes down - it's better to stay out of alts, they can bring significant losses. I used to have a number of altcoins in my portfolio that decreased in value up to 90%.

WolkGold

Activity: 139
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 02:26:48 PM

Depending on the view and plan of investment or business of each person. In my way of thinking. The altcoin market is now suitable to buy and trade. Actually altcoin is changing to more balance than bitcoin. Too many gadgets are created and almost the competition is on the rise. I personally bought NEO along ETH and my strategy is to trade. ETH is also very low value and depending on the trend I can switch plans from trade to hold for a longer time.
CaterpillarRave

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 04:16:07 PM

Prices may go down lower. at the end of this month. But I think this is also a good time to buy the altcoin. All of them are close to the bottom. and are now waiting for growth again
Mariahuhu

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 04:35:58 PM

This is the perfect timing to buy your favorite altcoins especially those altcoins you've believe that has a really big potential in the future because if you will not buy now you will regret it for the rest of your lives. Always remember Bitcoin doesn't need us, we need Bitcoin and that is same goes with the alts.

►     https://GCOX.com GLOBAL CRYPTO OFFERING EXCHANGE     ◄
RISE ABOVE!   WHERE POPULARITY IS IMMORTALIZED
daxiake

Activity: 688
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 04:48:10 PM

Unless you are looking for a very long term investment, virtually all alts are just following bitcoin price, in fact most alts are getting weaker and weaker including big ones like eth or ltc, compared to bitcoin. I have been trading bitcoin only lately because there is really no point in trading anything else right now. Until we see the market recover and stabilize a bit which could happen soon or could take years, I really don't see much point in buying alts for the short term.

You are right, the crypto market index is controlled by BTC. Whenever BTC goes up, price of all coins go up and vice verse. Price of majority of Altcoins are on the floor right now and it's up to us to buy them before they went back to the sky. Ethereum for instance was over 1000USD a few months back and right now it's around 400 USD. Those who understand the market know its the right time to buy BTC and Altcoins
Bardman (OP)

Activity: 952
Merit: 516

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:11:26 PM

This is the perfect timing to buy your favorite altcoins especially those altcoins you've believe that has a really big potential in the future because if you will not buy now you will regret it for the rest of your lives. Always remember Bitcoin doesn't need us, we need Bitcoin and that is same goes with the alts.

I don't see why you are so sure that any current alt coin will actually survive in the future, most of them are dead already and there is no guarantee that any of them will have more value in the future than they do today. It's a fallacy to think that way.

█
 ▐ █  
  █
 ▐ █  

▄████████████████████▄
██████▀░░░░░░░░███████
████▀░░░▄████▄░░░░████
███░░▄█▀▀░░░░▀▀██░░███
██░░░█▌░██████░░██░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░███████████░░██
██░░░█▌░░█████▌░▐█░▐██
███░░▀█▌░░█▀░░▄██▀░▐██
████▄░░▀██████████████
██████▄░░░░███████████
▀████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████░░██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
████████░░░░░░████████
███████░░░▐▌░░░███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
█████░░░░████░░░░█████
████░░░░██████░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████

.a.

░░██████████████████████████████████████░░
████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████
██████████░█████████████████████░█████████
█████████░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░████████
████████░███░█████████████████░████░██████
██████░███░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░███░░████
█████░███░████░█████████████░████░████░███
███░░███░████░░██████████████░████░████░██
████░░███░░████░███████████░░████░████░███
██████░░███░░███░░████████░████░████░█████
████████░████░░███░░████░████░████░███████
█████████░░████░████░███████░████░████████
███████████░░███░░███░░████████░██████████
█████████████░████░████░█████░████████████
███████████████░████░░███░░███████████████
█████████████████░████░███████████████████
██████████████████░░███░░█████████████████
████████████████████░░████████████████████
█████████████████████░████████████████████
░░██████████████████████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
█████████████████▀░░██
██████████▀░███▀░░░░██
█████████▀░░██░░░░░░██
███████▀░░░░█░░░░░░░██
██████▀░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
█████▀░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████▀░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
███▀░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██▀░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
▀████████████████████

▄████████████▀███████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
████░░██░░░░█░░░████░█
███░░█░░░░██░░░░░░░░░█
██░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░██
█████████░░░██░░░█████
████████░░░█░░░░██████
███████░░░░░░░░░██████
██████░░░░░░█░░███████
█████░░░░░███░░███████
████░░░░░███░░░███████
██████░░░░░░░░░███████
▀████████████████████
Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:59:30 PM

Unless you are looking for a very long term investment, virtually all alts are just following bitcoin price, in fact most alts are getting weaker and weaker including big ones like eth or ltc, compared to bitcoin. I have been trading bitcoin only lately because there is really no point in trading anything else right now. Until we see the market recover and stabilize a bit which could happen soon or could take years, I really don't see much point in buying alts for the short term.
Wait for the right time to buy it since most of them are following the trend of Bitcoin so you are likely going to notice that they are slowly rising too when Bitcoin does rise. But since Bitcoin is dumping lately you should notice it already and buy your trendy altcoins that you can hold for a long term starting today since it was dumping lately, you should have enough opportunities to hold more.

xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 12:43:12 AM

I agree, for now short term trading for alt coin is not the greatest idea, the dropping keep on continue and the price recovering are too long, it's not that you can't make profit now but the risk of losing money in short term trading is too high,but if you seek for long term, this could be the perfect time to buy

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
Dragonrage201

Activity: 630
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 12:53:01 AM

Agree that alts have taken a bigger beating than bitcoin. Alts outperform bitcoin both on the upside and downside so this is expected. Market is taking long time to recover so have to wait it out.
jagdeepjd

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 04:32:17 AM

Alts are doing good still for short term too. Yes most of the altcoins follow bitcoin price. But its not always the same it just depends on the stability of bitcoin price.
You can refer to the todays market update its green despite bitcoin is low still.
tanghere02

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 04:58:13 AM

Currently the market is slowly recovering and if I had the money to buy alternate coins when the price was low I would’ve both them, but right now it is slowly increasing as well as the altcoins too. And hopefully this’ll go on until the end of this year, but I would not give so much hope on that because I don’t want to expect too much also.

▄▄█████████▄▄                         ▄█▄                ▀██████▄                   ▄██████▀
        ▄█████████████████▄▄                    ▄███▄                 ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀
         ▀███████████████████▄                 ▄█████▄                  ▀██████             ██████▀
           █▀▀       ▀▀████████▄              ▄███████▄                   ██████▄         ▄██████
  ▄█▄                    ▀██████▄            ▄█████████▄                   ▀██████▄     ▄██████▀
 ▄████▄                    ▀█████▄          ▄███████████▄                    ███████▄ ▄███████
▄█████▀                     ▀█████▄        ▄██████▀██████▄                     █████▀▀▀█████▀
██████                       ██████       ▄██████   ██████▄                     ▀█▀     ▀█▀
██████                       ██████      ▄██████     ██████▄                     █       █
██████                       ██████     ▄██████       ██████▄                   ▄█▄     ▄█▄
▀██████▄                    ▄█████▀    ▄██████         ██████▄                ▄█████▄▄▄█████▄
 ▀██████▄                  ▄█████▀    ▄██████                                ███████▀ ▀███████
  ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████▀     ▀██████▄
   ▀████████▄▄       ▄▄████████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████         ██████▄
     ▀███████████████████████▀     ▄██████                 ██████▄      ▄██████▀           ▀██████▄
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀      ▄██████                   ██████▄   ▄██████▀               ▀██████▄
           ▀▀█████████▀▀         ▄██████                     ██████▄▄██████▀                   ▀██████▄
  O HOLD YOUR
OWN KEYS!
  O   O [SUCCESS   
RAISE
US$18mil+]
coastbank

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Presale Starting May 1st

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 07:02:34 AM

I somewhat agree. If you are feeling that you won't miss the chance jumping on the van, you won't miss a thing. Altcoins will keep following other TOP alts and bitcoin and bear trend will keep going for 3 to 6 months.

thepo1m

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 07:36:16 AM

I think this is the best time to be picking up some of these Altcoins, especially the good ones one missed out on their tokens sale, the thing I observed in the space is that people only buy, when the price is up which to me is a wrong choice but if you buy when the price is low the risk is very low of losing money
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: