Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:35:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for a better exchange: Bittrex and Poloniex?  (Read 397 times)
Owen7021990 (OP)

Activity: 36
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 02:19:44 AM

In the world of cryptocurrency there are dozens of exchanges, but two of them are responsible for most of the altcoin daily trading volume. Bittrex and Poloniex are two of the top trading platforms in the market, let's check out their similarities and differences .

Both exchanges are highly valued and, of course, there exist inevitably complaints for both.

One of the most positive things is that they can exchange dozens of altcoins, not only the typical BTCs and ETHs, but also many emerging cryptos such as Litecoin, Ripple, Dash and GOLEM.

When it comes to Bittrex, you can trade using BTC, ETH and USDT.
-Poloniex has a slight advantage here as it allows transactions via XMR.

** About the support, both exchanges prove quite reliable.
In Poloniex, there is an easily accessible Q & A section and a contact page where you can quickly send a message when a problem occurs.
As to Bittrex, besides email support, Q & A section, they have a larger social networks including a Slack and Facebook page.
Both exchanges enable communication via Twitter.

** Bugs and hacks

Both of these platforms are almost equal in terms of bugs and hacks.

As to hacking, it is sometimes difficult for users to distinguish between fake and authenticated news, so there is no way to dig deeper and comment more. But one thing is for sure, most altcoin exchanges have been hacked in one way or another, and that is why you are recommended to move altcoins to your external wallet the sooner the better.

** Transaction fee

Poloniex offers competitive fees, which accounts for 0.15% for traders and 0.25% for buyers in case the trading volume is below 600 BTC. The bigger the trading volume is, the lower the fee is.

Bittrex's fee mechanisms are simpler: 0.25% commission for all. However, it is generally more expensive.

=> Rating
It's clear that these are two of the best places when it comes to trading a wide range of altcoins. After many surveys and evaluations, it seems easier to trade on Bittrex.

But it is just a general evaluation. How about you? What do you find the most appropriate cryptocurrency trading platform?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Koro-Sensei

Activity: 658
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 02:29:02 AM

In the world of cryptocurrency there are dozens of exchanges, but two of them are responsible for most of the altcoin daily trading volume. Bittrex and Poloniex are two of the top trading platforms in the market, let's check out their similarities and differences .

Both exchanges are highly valued and, of course, there exist inevitably complaints for both.

One of the most positive things is that they can exchange dozens of altcoins, not only the typical BTCs and ETHs, but also many emerging cryptos such as Litecoin, Ripple, Dash and GOLEM.

In Poloniex, there is an easily accessible Q & A section and a contact page where you can quickly send a message when a problem occurs.
As to Bittrex, besides email support, Q & A section, they have a larger social networks including a Slack and Facebook page.

** Bugs and hacks

As to hacking, it is sometimes difficult for users to distinguish between fake and authenticated news, so there is no way to dig deeper and comment more. But one thing is for sure, most altcoin exchanges have been hacked in one way or another, and that is why you are recommended to move altcoins to your external wallet the sooner the better.

** Transaction fee

Poloniex offers competitive fees, which accounts for 0.15% for traders and 0.25% for buyers in case the trading volume is below 600 BTC. The bigger the trading volume is, the lower the fee is.

Bittrex's fee mechanisms are simpler: 0.25% commission for all. However, it is generally more expensive.

=> Rating
It's clear that these are two of the best places when it comes to trading a wide range of altcoins. After many surveys and evaluations, it seems easier to trade on Bittrex.

But it is just a general evaluation. How about you? What do you find the most appropriate cryptocurrency trading platform?

In my experience so far on Hitbtc not as bad as they think no problems so far recently i have seen various feedbacks on HITBTC's service but as to me it's not that bad I'm am currently handling my altcoins with ease. There's this other one that im testing it's called mercatox their trading site is quite good but their rates is not as good as bittrex though it's not that much of a difference.
Ryannnnnnn

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 02:43:59 AM

** Bugs and hacks

** Transaction fee

=> Rating

I like to use Binance trading platform rather than Bittrex and Poloniex. But I think Bittrex is better known than Poloniex
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 07:08:46 AM

I have used poloniex for quite some time and I can said that poloniex is a very good exchange platform. I have never trade with bittrex and I have some friends that has accounts with them and most of them do said that they prefer to used it compare to poloniex and I think they are saying this because of the large number of coins and tokens that are listed they.
Javi_Anibarro

Activity: 1526
Merit: 282

tBTC - https://dapp.tbtc.network/

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 08:18:38 AM

Yeah it is very easy to send the ticket to them,
but the problem is,they did not reply the ticket as soon as possible.
they claimed that they got a thounsand tickets daily so they could not answer your question/problem as soon as possible.
in reality even though they got a thousand tickets daily,you will not get any reply from them if you do not send a back up ticket.
so that is why many people recommend you guys to trade it outside Poloniex.
smau36

Activity: 185

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2018, 09:04:49 AM

exchange looks at large volumes, not in small quantities. in I see a malle because they must give everyone the chance to make profit even with $ 1
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 09:30:21 AM

they claimed that they got a thounsand tickets daily so they could not answer your question/problem as soon as possible.
in reality even though they got a thousand tickets daily,you will not get any reply from them if you do not send a back up ticket.

Now I'm not sure but last year when bitcoin prices were going up every day these exchanges was flooded with many new investors but these exchanges didn't increase their support staff and that's why many of these reputed exchanges was not answering any of the tickets we sent their support team. But recently it should be better because now Bitcoin prices came down and volume also quite less. I didn't send any tickets recently so not sure how fast they are answering these days.

I use mostly Bittrex and got a fully verified account and didn't face any major issues yet.
otundebis

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 09:35:25 AM

Start to trade on many partially decentralized exchange and if you don't know how to do it,  check YouTube videos for guidance.  Decentralized exchange is said to be future of trading.  Start using it now.

RileyRiley94

Activity: 22
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 04:44:16 AM

Binance is the best!
Rydereee12

Activity: 35
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 04:50:33 AM

Each Exchange has its pros and cons. For each coin I would choose different Exchange
stadus
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1292

Hhampuz for Campaign management

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 04:59:56 AM

Bittrex just recently announce they are opening for new registration, the site also improve their UI to compete with big exchanges.
Now, the most popular is Binance but Bittrex is here for long and it's stable so it's worth a try as well.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
blink20

Activity: 17

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 05:01:56 AM

Bittrex got a lot o coin to chose from, I think poloniex stop adding coin to their list. its been a while since the last coin listing.
timbereagle

Activity: 881
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 05:07:45 AM

Long time crypto trader;

-Actually Poloniex,Bittrex and Binance are all good exchanges.

However for some long time polo lag behind as it did not answer to customer tickets.
Fee wise Binance is number one, trade fee is %0.05. It is %20 of Bittrex's %0.25 fee.

Therefore if someone likes to trade a lot, for sure binance is the one to go.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 08:53:50 AM

I feel most of them have this issue and that even includes bittrex. There is always a lot of opened tickets anyway, so I would not blame them for not answering quickly, but compared to some other shitty exchanges that would not even bother replying at all, bittrex and poloniex, despite their large user baseare still trying all their best to always respond to most of these requests or tickets as soon as they can. Still, I have been using bittrex for almost a year now and I have never even had any reason to open a support ticket.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Whosdaddy

Activity: 1148
Merit: 527

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 02:57:54 PM

I have used poloniex for quite some time and I can said that poloniex is a very good exchange platform. I have never trade with bittrex and I have some friends that has accounts with them and most of them do said that they prefer to used it compare to poloniex and I think they are saying this because of the large number of coins and tokens that are listed they.
Poloniex has always been a very good platform but so far, I have always preferred bittrex and I have always preferred to stick with it.

A lot of people may have had their issues in the past which the only one I ended up seeing was locking people out until they were able to get their accounts verified but since they were operating under a law of the U.S government, which is understandable.

Binance too has been doing pretty good as well with volume, but too early to start judging compared to bittrex and poloniex that has been operating for a while now.
waywethe

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 03:12:06 PM

** Bugs and hacks

** Transaction fee

=> Rating

There are many reviews of many big investors on KuCoin. You can use Kucoin exchange. Besides Bittrex, I used Kucoin exchange. I think it is very good and has many advantages
herurist

Activity: 1680
Merit: 259

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 03:21:44 PM

** Bugs and hacks

** Transaction fee

=> Rating

I leave Bittrex about a six month ago because fees and delay problem, I can't say about poloniex because never try it. Bittrex now have difficult rules about KYC and poloniex with their delay. My opinion is relative but maybe try another platform is good option. Try Binance, Livecoin or Hitntc, just try it and you'll know what is the best for you.

██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
minnerETN

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 03:23:14 PM

** Bugs and hacks

** Transaction fee

=> Rating

There are many reviews of many big investors on KuCoin. You can use Kucoin exchange. Besides Bittrex, I used Kucoin exchange. I think it is very good and has many advantages

I also like to use KuCoin exchange. The foundation of KuCoin is really easy to use. And at the exchange KuCoin also has a lot of Altcoin. Indeed KuCoin will replace Bittrex for a short time
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 03:42:25 PM

This. They've got a six month backlog. I guess it's fine if you are a patient person and don't need your money. For most people though, you are better off on other exchanges.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
Kidmat

Activity: 774
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 04:06:19 PM

Bittrex got a lot o coin to chose from, I think poloniex stop adding coin to their list. its been a while since the last coin listing.
Im good with bittrex this exchange exists for long now. When I use this exchange all are smooth transactions just follow the instructions on how to withdraw then all are fine. Also, one of the better exchange these days are kucoin and binance.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: