Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:31:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for a better exchange: Bittrex and Poloniex?  (Read 397 times)
darewaller

Activity: 2814
Merit: 634

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 04:46:46 PM

i like bittrex more , even better with the new ui update. i used to like polo but after they had a lot of problems with customer service i refuse to use them. although i read that they are bought by some bank , so maybe they will solve some of the problems they have.
At first, I did not actually feel the UI, but after a while when I had to quickly get used to it, I am beginning to fall a bit in love with it except for the dark interphase which cannot be changed fully to light. If they can make that work, I feel it should be a good one to go. I have always loved bittrex, except that I always like trading in one spot which is the main reason why I have been using external trading platform with my API, but all in all, for a lot of reasons, bittrex always is better than poloniex, until poloniex finally end up getting it right.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Sweetyeds84

Activity: 95
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 04:56:47 PM

I like poloniex when it comes in simplicity and user friendly specialy in mobile trader like me but the problem is there is only a few coins in there and there is a limit also in withdrawal which too small if you are a big trader. But if you are just a small time trader like me then maybe poloniex is good for your but if you like more choices of coins just go to bittrex they are plenty of coins there for choices to trade.
KalaiBTC

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 07:38:20 AM

i like bittrex more , even better with the new ui update. i used to like polo but after they had a lot of problems with customer service i refuse to use them. although i read that they are bought by some bank , so maybe they will solve some of the problems they have.
There are number of trading exchanges and that every trading exchange has its own specifications and characteristics. However, when it comes to bittrex trading exchange then you will hardly find any other trading exchange which is having that much qualities as is of bittrex trading exchange. It is the best of the best option and that it will never make you worried in any way.
Robert543

Activity: 40
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 08:00:33 AM

Each floor has its own advantages, both are OK
beerlover
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1160

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 06:45:03 PM

Avoid Poloniex until they fix their withdrawal glitches, and hire more people after Circle's acquisition is established.

I have already read many complaints about withdrawals not going through and that their customer support takes weeks to resolve those issues because they are short on workers.
Waiting already 23 days for a missing XEM deposit I did send from Binance to Poloniex, until now I am still waiting for support that will credit mine account. In there last public statement they said that they had a huge backlog of open support tickets. They lost already a lot of trust and many people  had a terrible experience when their money was stuck, wonder if they ever will be able to win users trust back.

When the Poloniex-Circle integration began in late February, together we faced a backlog of 159,000 customer issues. Over the past 6 weeks, we have resolved 76,000 of those issues and added 6 new agents to our support team. We have tripled the number of engineers working on our wallet infrastructure and streamlined the process for notifying engineering when technical support is needed.
https://poloniex.com/press-releases/2018.04.06-Circle-Poloniex-Journey-Six-Weeks-In/
That is just the problem with most of the exchanges these days and poloniex just keep getting worst with the whole withdrawal and deposit problem which is one thing I have never experienced with bittrex and such things can be terribly annoying, considering how not being able to do anything and then having hard time to get support to handle your request just makes the whole idea of using poloniex tiring. I would still always choose bittrex or binance as a better option.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
bitcoinsymphony

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 10:06:03 PM

I use both exchanges. Overall, my experience pretty similar, all crypto exchanges had troubles with support and withdrawals during intense periods. Nonetheless, as I remember, I had more difficulties with Poloniex. In 2017 it was almost impossible to approve your account on Poloniex, it took me like two months to get a response from the support.

Recap of latest news on each:

Bittrex recently changed the interface to more advanced and rolled out a beta version of new API. The registration on Bittrex was closed for a long time, and now they seem to be opening it again. It appears that they had problems with too big client base, and now they have expended their capacity. Based on the above, we can assume that Bitrex does not plan to go away:)

Payment provider  Circle has announced about acquiring Poloniex in February. Also, Poloniex signed an agreement with TradingVIew(great service for traders and analytics), and now you can connect your Poloniex account and trade through TradingView interface. So, they are developing as well.

Important, for me, differences:

Commissions:
  • Bittrex has 0.25% commission regardless of maker or taker orders.
  • Poloniex has 0.15% for maker and 0.25% taker fee.

Minimal trading volume:
  • Bittrex - 0.0005 BTC (or equivalent in other coins).
  • Poloniex - 0.0002 BTC (or equivalent in other coins).

Mahanton

Activity: 2702
Merit: 628

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 10:22:25 PM

Avoid Poloniex until they fix their withdrawal glitches, and hire more people after Circle's acquisition is established.

I have already read many complaints about withdrawals not going through and that their customer support takes weeks to resolve those issues because they are short on workers.
Waiting already 23 days for a missing XEM deposit I did send from Binance to Poloniex, until now I am still waiting for support that will credit mine account. In there last public statement they said that they had a huge backlog of open support tickets. They lost already a lot of trust and many people  had a terrible experience when their money was stuck, wonder if they ever will be able to win users trust back.

When the Poloniex-Circle integration began in late February, together we faced a backlog of 159,000 customer issues. Over the past 6 weeks, we have resolved 76,000 of those issues and added 6 new agents to our support team. We have tripled the number of engineers working on our wallet infrastructure and streamlined the process for notifying engineering when technical support is needed.
https://poloniex.com/press-releases/2018.04.06-Circle-Poloniex-Journey-Six-Weeks-In/
That is just the problem with most of the exchanges these days and poloniex just keep getting worst with the whole withdrawal and deposit problem which is one thing I have never experienced with bittrex and such things can be terribly annoying, considering how not being able to do anything and then having hard time to get support to handle your request just makes the whole idea of using poloniex tiring. I would still always choose bittrex or binance as a better option.
Back to the years on where poloniex do get its reputation into its service but now it is already slowly fading even myself gradually losing interest on using up the site because of such issue.Even though bittrex do have some issues but not as worse on where poloniex is experiencing now.It would really be quiet hassle to use up exchange when delay is happening every now and then and thats the reason why i do jump in Kucoin or Binance as of this moment,maybe i will comeback when they do already fixed their issues.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
GoldenLad

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 10:52:56 PM

As for me, I would choose none. I have used Brittrex and Poloniex and have lost interest in the two of them. Normal, Bittrex used to be one of my favorite, but since last year after the issue they had with their  users, I have declined from using it.  As for Poloniex, it's not as if they have done something  wrong or so, but I don't  really fancy them that much. I am presently using Binance, it's just what I want.
Anonylz

Activity: 2562
Merit: 577

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 11:07:52 PM

As for me, I would choose none. I have used Brittrex and Poloniex and have lost interest in the two of them. Normal, Bittrex used to be one of my favorite, but since last year after the issue they had with their  users, I have declined from using it.  As for Poloniex, it's not as if they have done something  wrong or so, but I don't  really fancy them that much. I am presently using Binance, it's just what I want.

Bittrex was one of the best exchanges more than months ago, but it seems that Binance and Kucoin are much more better than this one at this moment.

It is not because i am a fan of it, but i think that Kucoin and binance have better fees and a better interface

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
                           Twitter       Telegram      Medium      YouTube      Discord        TikTok         GitHub               
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
--DarkSecrets--

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 04:18:27 AM

Each floor has its own advantages, both are OK
Every exchange has its own advantages and disadvantages but all you need is to be active and monitor the market value so that you would be able to take decisions of buying and selling and in which coin you are finding the maximum possibilities of getting the most profit. Bittrexx and poloniex both are good but you can also try coinbase. Learn something how to trade and then enter into trading you will slowly slowly make your skills.
I think it iis goood to try it both first then in what exchangge do you feel you are safe and comfortable to trade then go to that exchange..
Just lie you both says they have its own advantage and disadvantages and for me in that i use to be flexible in any exchange where i have a good feeling to trade on.

`^cder.         
          '-`ryRQQ#@@#O}-       
       .)ydi`!]PQQ#@@@@@#d}!   
  `:'`rU9660ZL:')TZ@@@@@@####O)
  `lVx<,:xWg@@@#g)iQB##@@##@@@M
  `lVcyWRBsy@@Q8Z*iQQQQB##@@@@M
  `x|G#@@@m)T<:<v~iB##@@#QQB#@M
     `)I$#m,-' `>]ZB#@@@#QQQB#3
  .>LKlxxxx_`<YUaKOQQQB#BB####P
:V5MMMTx^=*` .~xeaOQQg$RB@@@##P
 .<}ab*' .QQK\_`;<YMRO66B@@@@B}
     .`  .Q#@#Q3v`rcvvY3B#Mx_   
         .OKx*rxv`x66OX]=`     
               .!`xRdyr,       
                  !<'

IoTeX

▬▬INTERNET OF TRUSTED THINGS.▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬▬BECOME A MEMBER TODAY▬▬▬.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██   
  ▐██▌                       
   █▌

TWITTER
MEDIUM
REDDIT
TELEGRAM
FORUM
BITCOINTALK
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 06:02:15 PM

It seems the problem with poloniex just keeps getting huge each and every day with a lot of the users complaining.
I feel we are still not getting it though as most of the exchanges are still trying hard to be able to compete in the real world and most especially in the area of support, I have not really seen an exchange that gives me that chill except for those with lower user base though. Bittrex to me is still a lot better than poloniex even bittrex allowed me to withdraw after I have submitted couple of my identification documents.
aardvark15

Activity: 994
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 06:15:20 PM

I liked using Poloniex for a long time but 2 things made me stop using them. First they disabled their online chat, then they started having complaints about their customer support.

I switched to Bitfinex and like that exchange but they stopped allowing US customers, so I had to switch again.

Now I’m using Binance and it seems to be going well so far. I like that they pay Gas for Neo holdings and they will handle the Eos token swap for customers.
Xenrise

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 06:30:52 PM

I'm using hitbtc, and I don't have any problem regarding this exchange. It is all smooth. I believe that this exchange could match binance if the volume of coins will go up. People are just trading in big volumes because they know for a fact that big volume exchange will make their coin's price go up.
Bagaji

Activity: 1330
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2018, 07:34:30 PM

No doubt the two crypto currency exchange company you mentioned above are and i have been using them for long time though there are other good once out there that one can trade all types of crypto currency on their exchange.
vidprab5

Activity: 222
Merit: 11

Create Your Decentralized Life

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 07:50:24 AM

Currently I trade a lot on Bittrex because it has huge trading volume and many altcoin are traded on this Exchange. I also use Poloniex but in the past there was a lot of bad news about Exchange so I was not trading anymore. Bittrex also has very high security, and it also integrates tools to support technical analysis for traders.
I have rarely traded much on poloniex as the first time I used it, I just did not get that good vibe from the exchange at all, asides the fact that a lot of people have always complained about the wallet issues based on deposits and withdrawals. For bittrex though, it has always been my number 1 exchange even though and they are always trying as much as possible to get it right and stay on top of their game which is good enough for me.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: