Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 12:12:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Well, this is frustrating  (Read 632 times)
rninty (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 02:43:28 PM

I’ve registered on this forum because “BitCC” is a scam. Or defunct. Or something. I sent payment, haven’t gotten a reply yet. It was just the smallest available denomination to “try it out”, but I’m still kind of angry about that.

(I hope that was enough sentences.)
tunctioncloud

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 03:05:14 PM

I have never heard about BitCC. Do bit research before paying for something next time, to minimize likelihood to be scammed
ShouldHaveBeenThere

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 03:13:18 PM

its the wild west out there. those of us in the us have to get pretty creative to buy coins. wiring money to strangers on localcoinc.com is a crap shoot.
rninty (OP)

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 03:20:12 PM

I have never heard about BitCC. Do bit research before paying for something next time, to minimize likelihood to be scammed

Yeah, the test purchase was my research of sorts, since I couldn’t find anybody who had ever tried the service to know whether it worked.
boopy265420
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 08:40:41 PM

After reading your posts i have one question if anybody can tell from where came the idea of bitcoin. I know this is attractive just for better understanding wanted to know.
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 08:44:41 PM

Before doing anything, i'd research any site, or person you're dealing with to see if there are any scams out there.  Better to be safe then sorry!

InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 10:34:01 PM

Yeah, the test purchase was my research of sorts, since I couldn’t find anybody who had ever tried the service to know whether it worked.
i've never heard of this company. btc is truly the wild west still.... i really only deal with companies that have been around a couple years and have built a solid reputation. there are too many horror stories out there.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4658

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 11:02:25 PM

i really only deal with companies that have been around a couple years and have built a solid reputation. there are too many horror stories out there.

I agree.  I refuse to engage in business with any bitcoin based entity that doesn't have at least 6 years of experience handling bitcoin without serious incident.

Wink
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4658

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 11:08:28 PM

After reading your posts i have one question if anybody can tell from where came the idea of bitcoin. I know this is attractive just for better understanding wanted to know.

An otherwise unknown person (or group of people) calling himself (or themselves) "Satoshi Nakamoto" released a paper discussing their ideas on how a decentralized crypto-currency might work.  Then they release the source code for a computer program that would implement their idea.

Several talented and knowledgeable computer programmers reviewed the computer program and agreed that it accomplished what "Satoshi" said it did.  They chose to try running it and exchange the resulting "bitcoins" mostly for entertainment and proof that the concept worked.  As more people discovered the software and verified its safety and security, it became more popular.  Eventually it was popular enough and people saw that there was value in what it could accomplish.  This intrinsic value became a starting point for exchanging between bitcoin and other currencies.

Here is that original paper if you'd like to read it yourself.  It's quite interesting:
http://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: