Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:50:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Possible Merit Glitch?  (Read 202 times)
Zapo (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 224
Merit: 156

Stay Dangerous!

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 04:13:24 AM

So I recently merited this post . With 1 merit (or so I thought Shocked)

Since I was on mobile for that time, and chrome has a feature where if you pull down on the screen while on a webpage, the webpage will refresh. When I accidentally did this, my page refreshed and the poster received 2 merits, not 1.

Is there a possible fix for this? Is it a forum wide problem or just my phone?

~Zapo

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Silent26

Activity: 602
Merit: 326

Politeness: 1227: - 0 / +1

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 04:28:52 AM

Maybe you just double clicked the "send" button Smiley Maybe you touched "send" button when you were trying to refresh the page after sending 1 sMerit that's why it doubled the sMerit sent.

There are already some Member here who experienced the same issue when sending a Merit. They said that maybe it's a bug or something, but the truth is they just clicked the send button twice. When you clicked send button and the page starts to load, although the page's loading didn't completed (due to slow internet) or it happens that you cancelled the page's loading after a minute, the amount of sMerit you entered in the textbox will still be sent.

404 Not Found
yudif

Activity: 50
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 04:36:06 AM

Since I was on mobile for that time, and chrome has a feature where if you pull down on the screen while on a webpage, the webpage will refresh. When I accidentally did this, my page refreshed and the poster received 2 merits, not 1.

~Zapo

Many members had mentioned this problem when merit system was launched. After, you have given merit to a post, if you refresh the page same number of merits are given to same user again. For instance, you give 5 merits for a post and refresh the page, he will get 5 more merits.

Though I am surprised that this is not fixed yet by the admin as it is a major bug in my opinion.
dautay_crypto

Activity: 193
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 04:52:15 AM

Hi Zapo,

You are likely the second nullius in the forum.
How smart you are! 8 activities and 7 merit points. Congratulations!
Silent26

Activity: 602
Merit: 326

Politeness: 1227: - 0 / +1

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 04:53:38 AM
Last edit: April 10, 2018, 08:37:38 AM by Silent26

Many members had mentioned this problem when merit system was launched. After, you have given merit to a post, if you refresh the page same number of merits are given to same user again. For instance, you give 5 merits for a post and refresh the page, he will get 5 more merits.

Though I am surprised that this is not fixed yet by the admin as it is a major bug in my opinion.
I'm sorry Mr. But I think you're mistaken. Though, you were right about the bolded part of your sentence. Its true that when you refresh the page after sending sMerit, sending sMerit will be repeated and the amount of sMerit you sent will be sent again. But, before it happens, a message box will appear first confirming that if you return to the to the page, your recently action (Sending sMerit)  might be repeated. It will only repeat if you click "Continue" button and I think the OP didn't clicked it. He also didn't mentioned anything about this message box so it means that he didn't refreshed the page after sending sMerit. Maybe he just accidentally clicked the "send" button again. Because if he really refreshed the pages, the message box will appear.

This is the message box I am talking about.

Edit. Image resized, Thanks for reminding Mr @edwardceng.

404 Not Found
athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 06:18:55 AM

It is not a glitch, it is because you refresh the page where you send merit. It is just the same like if you sending a login information and hitting the refresh button, the information will be sent twice. Some other think it as a glitch/bug too, but i guess it is normal since you refresh the page where you sent merit. Just be careful next time ad learn from this mistake.

I'm sorry Mr. But I think you're mistaken. Though, you were right about the bolded part of your sentence. Its true that when you refresh the page after sending sMerit, sending sMerit will be repeated and the amount of sMerit you sent will be sent again. But, before it happens, a message box will appear first confirming that if you return to the to the page, your recently action (Sending sMerit)  might be repeated. It will only repeat if you click "Continue" button and I think the OP didn't clicked it. He also didn't mentioned anything about this message box so it means that he didn't refreshed the page after sending sMerit. Maybe he just accidentally clicked the "send" button again. Because if he really refreshed the pages, the message box will appear.

-image snipped-

I guess it is different for any browser since mine dont give that box when i was on mobile that time, happened to me once.
edwardceng

Activity: 266
Merit: 50

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 06:48:25 AM

No offense, better resize the image to make it look neater and no need to use the scroll to see the whole picture and the point is just about "Message Box".

like this:

Code:
[img width=330]https://i.imgur.com/vEzpmhG.jpg[/img]

Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 07:02:49 AM

~Zapo
- I somewhat understand your issue.Merits are not updated real-time and you need to refresh the page multiple times to see the final updated values.You could have sent him two merits,not at the same time but one after the other and hence the glitch.You could see the first one but saw the updated one as the page was refreshed.

- I believe sending two merits was the case.Or are you very sure you never sent two merits ?

EDIT : I was correct.You did send two merits one after the another.There is no glitch,lock the thread.

TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2018, 07:15:11 AM

EDIT : I was correct.You did send two merits one after the another.There is no glitch,lock the thread.

It has been reported many times already. Refreshing the page will double send Merits and it is also possible to double-click the send button and do the same.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 07:26:18 AM

It has been reported many times already. Refreshing the page will double send Merits and it is also possible to double-click the send button and do the same.

Is the case same here ? Maybe I'm missing on the 'reported many' part,mind linking me to one of those threads where this glitch is actively being discussed ? I thought the OP sent one merit after the other and just couldn't see it due to page refreshing stuff.Anyway,I don't know if this has been discussed before but I found something interesting while fiddling with the merit input box. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3292443.msg34351320#msg34351320
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2018, 07:46:21 AM

Is the case same here ? Maybe I'm missing on the 'reported many' part,mind linking me to one of those threads where this glitch is actively being discussed ?

It was mainly discussed in the main Merit thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818350.0
But that's 205 pages long now!
Also discussed in https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3078328.0 and https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3121567.0
There may be more but those I can remember off the top of my head.

I thought the OP sent one merit after the other and just couldn't see it due to page refreshing stuff.Anyway,I don't know if this has been discussed before but I found something interesting while fiddling with the merit input box. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3292443.msg34351320#msg34351320

That all looks a bit weird.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Zapo (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 224
Merit: 156

Stay Dangerous!

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 11:01:10 AM

Maybe you just double clicked the "send" button Smiley Maybe you touched "send" button when you were trying to refresh the page after sending 1 sMerit that's why it doubled the sMerit sent.

There are already some Member here who experienced the same issue when sending a Merit. They said that maybe it's a bug or something, but the truth is they just clicked the send button twice. When you clicked send button and the page starts to load, although the page's loading didn't completed (due to slow internet) or it happens that you cancelled the page's loading after a minute, the amount of sMerit you entered in the textbox will still be sent.
I see. I've never heard of that bug until now, thanks for informing.

~Zapo
- I somewhat understand your issue.Merits are not updated real-time and you need to refresh the page multiple times to see the final updated values.You could have sent him two merits,not at the same time but one after the other and hence the glitch.You could see the first one but saw the updated one as the page was refreshed.

- I believe sending two merits was the case.Or are you very sure you never sent two merits ?

No, I sent the user 1 merit and then accidentally refreshed my page and it sent 1 more merit. I did not click on the merit button more than once.

Is the case same here ? Maybe I'm missing on the 'reported many' part,mind linking me to one of those threads where this glitch is actively being discussed ?

It was mainly discussed in the main Merit thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818350.0
But that's 205 pages long now!
Also discussed in https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3078328.0 and https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3121567.0
There may be more but those I can remember off the top of my head.

I thought the OP sent one merit after the other and just couldn't see it due to page refreshing stuff.Anyway,I don't know if this has been discussed before but I found something interesting while fiddling with the merit input box. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3292443.msg34351320#msg34351320

That all looks a bit weird.

Thanks for the links.

~Zapo

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: