Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:43:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Concurrent Instances of BFGminer on same pc for different pools/workers help?  (Read 3237 times)
mushin77 (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 03:10:12 PM

My Setup:
-------------------------------------------------------------
Miner: BFG Miner (v3.5.1)
ASICs: 45 Block Erupters, 1 Butterfly Labs SC 60 GH/s

Configuration:
C:\mining\bfgminer.exe -o http://POOL -u USER -p PASSWORD -G -S erupter:all

The Question:
This configuration is simple and works great however what I would relly like to do is run two (Eventully More) concurrent BFGminer instances on the same computer with each accessing the pool as a seperate worker... or eventaully different pools. I dont want to switch to cgminer as some will probably suggest. So with this in mind... can someone help me figure out how to include only the erupters and exclude the BFL because my command line attributes actually detects and runs all 45 Erupters and the Butterfly Labs SC.

I tried messing with this command line option as listed in the readme.txt ----> --device|-d <arg>   Select device to use, one value, range and/or comma separated (e.g. 0-2,4) default: all
But I could not find a way to make this work and found no examples with many searches. I may not have had the paramters corrct so advice on how this works is welcomed.

There are several reasons that I would like to split them to different workers but the biggest is that I would like to know exactly how well each "device type" is performing. Eventually I may want to even have each my future BFLs assigned to a specific worker but run on from a single machine.

Any advice would greatly be appreciated.

And to share a tip. I have seen configurations for the erupters that use the --icarus timing options. I ran that for a few days and to be honest my numbers showed better results just using the simple -S erupter:all paramter and letting bfgminer take care of the timing. I also seemed to get better results if I upped my queue to reduce the number of times I had to fetch work. I set 25 for the queue size but did not notice if more or a few less would be better. If was indeed better than using the default queue size picked by BFGminer

Thanks
Mushin77
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
d-angel2001

Activity: 137
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 11:24:44 AM

Hello,

did you find a solution to this? I'm currentply planning/developing a cross platform web-interface that should be able to manage a pool of available Devices and being able to assign them to different pools including monitoring etc.

So I will ran into the same trap than you previously did Smiley
bugilt

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 02:16:59 AM

Try out MultiMiner!

NocTurNalFX

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 08:32:01 PM

you have to specify what device  when you start up each instance  like

bfgminer -c C:\Mining\bfgminer\config\gmc.conf -S bf1:\\.\COM38 -S bf1:\\.\COM39 -S erupter:\\.\COM40 -S erupter:\\.\COM41 -S erupter:\\.\COM42 -S erupter:\\.\COM43 -S erupter:\\.\COM44 -S erupter:\\.\COM45

I use config files for my pool info ,if you dont just replace the  "-c C:\Mining\bfgminer\config\pool.conf"      with  "-o poolurl:port -u worker.name -p password"

go in your device manager to see what com each device is on  if your using windows.  not sure how to check if you use linux.   what ever device you put in your target line will be the only ones you use for that instance.   I find it easier to create .bat files to start with  then using shortcuts.   doing start up commands like this can be very long  if you have allot of devices.   might not fit in the target line on a shortcut,  plus its easier to see the whole thing editing a .bat

BTC Donations: 1MH1Si7eFToQDFcmEYsBgsAXEcochQe4Cg
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: