Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:48:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoins trading, risky or fun  (Read 1012 times)
manekari (OP)

Activity: 455
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 04:02:07 PM

Hi,

I am new to bitcointalk and conveying my hello to all.

I am following bitcoins since feb-march when it was weighted at ~30USD. At that time i was so excited to see how gradually it raises and falls. i used to search every news regarding this, have registered an account on mtgox/OkPay. But due to lack of trust on this, i stepped back. I saw in recent months it grown bigger and as of now its on the highest peak.

This made me think about trading it.

So, I am from India, having an Indian SBI bank account (without SWIFT enabled branch), would love to get into this. (not now, but i can definitely wait for this current bubble to break Tongue Cheesy)

Has anyone from Indian involved in mtgox and traded successfully with them ?

Some questions in my mind :

1) what is the preferred way to add funds in mygox account ? bank transfer / OkPay ? (or Anyone tried ?)

To withdraw funds, i can see SWIFT bank transfer or OkPay. i cant find SWIFT code for my bank branch.
3) Is OkPay is good for receiving funds ? does this works for Indian banks ?

Final question : as i cant go with except mtgox, still i would like to get some suggestions on alternative secure trading platforms in india.

Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
krishatnet

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 04:30:07 PM

If you want to invest wait for a fall.

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
ajax3592

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Crypto News & Tutorials - Coinramble.com

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 01:11:34 PM

Is 320 a good price to get in Betcoin for investing as of now?
Waiting for the price to get in this range

Crypto news/tutorials >>CoinRamble<<                            >>Netcodepool<<                >>My graphics<<
C10H15N

Activity: 811
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 01:14:37 PM

To answer your subject question: bitcoin trading is risky AND fun.

Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked. -Warren Buffett
C10H15N

Activity: 811
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 02:52:27 PM

^^^ -  this is the absolute truth.  Don't believe it?  Go read the inputs.io and coinlenders threads.

Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked. -Warren Buffett
manekari (OP)

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 05:33:34 PM

^^^ -  this is the absolute truth.  Don't believe it?  Go read the inputs.io and coinlenders threads.

Its unexpected what happened to inputs.io

BTW, is Blockchain.info safe ?

Smiley
subvolatil

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

Cypherpunk and full-time CryptoAnarchist

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 05:37:25 PM

Nothing is  safe on the  cloud. get  your  own wallet  and  encrypt it . security  of your  bitcoin  is  totally  on  you.  i  prefer  to   print  out  my wallet  and  keep it  off  the  grid. 
manekari (OP)

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 06:08:52 PM

Nothing is  safe on the  cloud. get  your  own wallet  and  encrypt it . security  of your  bitcoin  is  totally  on  you.  i  prefer  to   print  out  my wallet  and  keep it  off  the  grid. 

you mean only use desktop wallet client like multibit ?

Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: