Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:00:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Which (D)emocrats or (R)epublicans are you okay with?  (Read 944 times)
beetcoin (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 04:17:57 PM

atop the list on my mind are...

Elizabeth Warren (D)
Ron Paul (R)

but I don't know if I would vote for either to be president, since presidents aren't the de facto controllers of policy. i know i'm definitely not voting for hilary in 2016 - she appears to be content with the status quo of american hegemony/political dominance overseas. She'll probably be similar as Obama, except she's a woman instead of black.. which makes her less hatable than Obama (to the racist republicans).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 10:43:12 PM

Paul!

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 11:05:05 PM

Elizabeth Warren (D)
Ron Paul (R)

but I don't know if I would vote for either to be president, since presidents aren't the de facto controllers of policy. i know i'm definitely not voting for hilary in 2016 - she appears to be content with the status quo of american hegemony/political dominance overseas. She'll probably be similar as Obama, except she's a woman instead of black.. which makes her less hatable than Obama (to the racist republicans).

Wow! Fake Squaw is your top choice?
tkbx

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 11:27:22 PM

Elizabeth Warren (D)
Ron Paul (R)

Regardless of his registration, Ron Paul is not a republican.
Cypherpunk38

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 01:15:38 AM

Elizabeth Waren (D)
Ron Paul (R)

If I had to choose, it would likely be these two people as well. I respect them and I believe they are good, well-intentioned, people of principle. But I've become a bit jaded over the last few years. I don't believe that good, well-intentioned, people of principle can make a difference anymore. I think the corruption has gone too far and they will either be marginalized, give up out of frustration, or become part of the corruption itself. It's become a cancer and it's spreading. We need to try something else. We need to stop judging people on promises and start judging them on results. And we need to start punishing those who don't deliver on their promises.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 02:42:07 AM

Regardless of his registration, Ron Paul is not a republican.

He literally is a republican, if you go by what it originally meant, instead of what it's been warped into. I'm all for republicans, Republicans I am not so keen on.

Vires in numeris
beetcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 02:51:17 AM

Elizabeth Waren (D)
Ron Paul (R)

If I had to choose, it would likely be these two people as well. I respect them and I believe they are good, well-intentioned, people of principle. But I've become a bit jaded over the last few years. I don't believe that good, well-intentioned, people of principle can make a difference anymore. I think the corruption has gone too far and they will either be marginalized, give up out of frustration, or become part of the corruption itself. It's become a cancer and it's spreading. We need to try something else. We need to stop judging people on promises and start judging them on results. And we need to start punishing those who don't deliver on their promises.

well i agree with you on that. the establishment is much more powerful than what one person can do, even the president.. which is why i won't be voting for a (D) or (R).

if i had to choose between elizabeth warren or ron paul, i'd take elizabeth though. ron paul says a lot of things that make sense, but he says a lot of batshit crazy things as well. he seems like an anarchist to me.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 02:53:38 AM

he seems like an anarchist to me.

And what is wrong with this?

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2013, 12:10:02 PM

if i had to choose between elizabeth warren or ron paul, i'd take elizabeth though. ron paul says a lot of things that make sense, but he says a lot of batshit crazy things as well. he seems like an anarchist to me.

LOL! You think he's an Anarchist? That's the first I've ever heard anyone call him that, he's for small government, Anarchists are for no government, he's definitely a follower of Libertarianism, the guy wants to give the states all the powers and take away control from the federal government. You've got some research to do on alternative ideologies and economic theories if you genuinely think that he's an Anarchist.
beetcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 05:40:31 PM

LOL! You think he's an Anarchist? That's the first I've ever heard anyone call him that, he's for small government, Anarchists are for no government, he's definitely a follower of Libertarianism, the guy wants to give the states all the powers and take away control from the federal government. You've got some research to do on alternative ideologies and economic theories if you genuinely think that he's an Anarchist.

if you google "ron paul anarchist" you will get plenty of results... https://www.google.com/search?q=ron+paul+anarchist&oq=ron+paul+anarchist&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.2885j0j7&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8

either way, i like what he says with foreign policy, and some things with his domestic policy.. but some of the things he says are just crazy.
grantbdev

Activity: 292

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 06:44:24 PM

Ron Paul is dead to me since he endorsed Ken Cuccinelli. Probably doing the Republican Party favors to help out his son.

Justin Amash (R-MI-3) has yet to disappoint me.

Don't use BIPS!
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 07:13:09 PM

Ron Paul is dead to me since he endorsed Ken Cuccinelli. Probably doing the Republican Party favors to help out his son.

Justin Amash (R-MI-3) has yet to disappoint me.

The reason why he will be the next target from K Street....

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/gop-primaries/189768-donors-plot-against-gop-rebel

Business leaders are plotting to take down Rep. Justin Amash (R-Mich.) as part of a broader effort to punish lawmakers over the government shutdown.

In a letter obtained by The Hill, prominent Michigan donors request financial backing for Amash’s primary challenger, Brian Ellis. Seven individuals, including prominent Michigan businessmen Mark Bissell, J.C. Huizenga and Mike Jandernoa, signed the fundraising plea.

They argue that Amash “and others have effectively nullified the Republican majority in the U.S. House.”

“[Amash] and a small group of like-minded legislators rejected Speaker Boehner’s plea to pass legislation requiring Congress and the president be subject to ObamaCare, and put on hold the special new tax on medical equipment. This irresponsible action hurt over 50 great West Michigan businesses and was part of the chaos that led the nation to the edge of default,” the letter says.

The letter was printed on Ellis’s campaign stationery.
Ecurb123

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 10:33:10 PM

Elizabeth Warren (D)
Ron Paul (R)

none, I simply don't need these people in my life.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: