Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:51:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who is able and willing to moderate the Politics & Society section?  (Read 2767 times)
TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:04:04 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2018, 11:03:43 AM by iasenko

I think theymos has to come with a bit more detailed description of his vision for this forum. I've read some pieces here and there, but now everyone has to make his own research to figure out what is right or wrong or against the forum ideology. Here is a brief preview :

The free and open discussions on this forum help individuals and the Bitcoin community achieve Truth. Everyone has some wisdom or knowledge to contribute to a discussion, and everyone who reads the discussion and gains that knowledge gets closer to the Truth. This is much more effective than having truth dictated by a handful of moderators or voted on by an electorate.
~snip~

I guess he has to put everything in one thread and update it with the time, like the requirements for the new forum software here. And this thread has to be pinned. It'll be inspiration for many newcomers and answer of the many questions raising every day.

From what I have read till now that the idea is to keep the freedom of speech no matter of where you are coming from, the language you speak and the colour of your skin or how rude you are as long as you don't do something illegal, which is also acceptable in a way / if you have no evidence of a real crime/ but not tolerated /like the scammers/.

I also whan to ask some simple questions in a hope to get some answers and find the logic behind them.

Why there is nothing done to prevent the bot activity here which is causing so much spam, ico pumping, account farming, etc.?

One simple puzzle solving options, like Binace have, for every post and report can have a huge impact on them. I know solving captcha is a problem for some users so it can be a local integration.

Why there is no confirmation email upon registration?
You can use whatever you want to register, even Bill Gates's address, so he cannot register with his email/ I know shitty example but still/ if he wants to.
This is also in the bot's favour.

I will gladly continue the fight against the spam but now the other side is winning with better equipment /bots/  against our bare handed spartan army  / time consuming human moderation/ despite of merit, it's a good weapon but still not enough.

Edited, added quote

In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Harribel03

Activity: 99
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:44:26 PM

I bet for nullius. Though his rank is for newbie, his mentality and shareable thoughts & experience is similar with users who have 6 badges at their name. I want nullius to become a moderator in politics and society because I know that he is a quality poster, and if a quality poster will become a mod definitely, all shitposts will null in use. So, I vote for nullius!
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1754

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 11:06:51 PM

he just woke up after 15 days of inactivity or his posts are in sections ignored by me? he isn't showing that much interest anyways.

Not that it is actually any of your business but yes I did take a short break for my spinal decompression surgery a few days ago.  I guess if I can not have a life outside the forum then I will make a bad mod.

Also please note not posting does not mean not logging on and reading etc.
InvoKing
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 11:11:28 PM

he just woke up after 15 days of inactivity or his posts are in sections ignored by me? he isn't showing that much interest anyways.

Not that it is actually any of your business but yes I did take a short break for my spinal decompression surgery a few days ago.  I guess if I can not have a life outside the forum then I will make a bad mod.

Friendly fire in the camp before the battle is the worst soldierS!
You gotta inspect enemies behind their lines and report them in order to get promoted boyS.

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 11:18:23 PM

Not that it is actually any of your business but yes I did take a short break for my spinal decompression surgery a few days ago.  I guess if I can not have a life outside the forum then I will make a bad mod.

Friendly fire in the camp before the battle is the worst soldierS!
You gotta inspect enemies behind their lines and report them in order to get promoted boyS.

There is no friendly fire mate, I was directly responding to his accusations.  If someone levels accusations about me am I not allowed to politely correct him and defend myself?

Digaran is not my enemy man hes a poster on a forum.  If I need to look at him as my enemy and I can't respond to accusation nor can I have a life outside the forum then well man I may not be the right bloke for the job after all!
InvoKing
Legendary

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 01:31:34 AM

Digaran is not my enemy man hes a poster on a forum.  If I need to look at him as my enemy and I can't respond to accusation nor can I have a life outside the forum then well man I may not be the right bloke for the job after all!

I just asked both of you (in a military manner since i consider P&S as a jungle full of "rebels") to concentrate your efforts on your probably future task rather than arguing each other. Stats are clear, being inactive for a period is normal, otherwise it should rise suspicions Tongue

Flying Hellfish
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 01:52:21 AM

Digaran is not my enemy man hes a poster on a forum.  If I need to look at him as my enemy and I can't respond to accusation nor can I have a life outside the forum then well man I may not be the right bloke for the job after all!

I just asked both of you (in a military manner since i consider P&S as a jungle full of "rebels") to concentrate your efforts on your probably future task rather than arguing each other. Stats are clear, being inactive for a period is normal, otherwise it should rise suspicions Tongue

Thats cool bro.  I agree that the focus should be on the task at hand.  As a someone who's thrown their hat in the ring I don't feel it's my place to point out issues with the other candidates.  I feel that is something best left to other users to debate and ultimately up to Theymos to decide!  However since it was brought up I felt it appropriate to respond.   I specifically did not "fire" back (using your military analogy!  Smiley).  If you notice all I did was answer Digarans questions.

As you said stats are stats, anyone can see I have been here for approximately 5 years.  I'm not legendary yet in part due to RNG but mostly because I don't care if I post 14 times in 2 weeks or not.  I could have had max activity long ago and ensure legendary rank but I just don't care.  I read more than I post if that is a negative mark on me then so be it, it is what it is!
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 07:32:38 AM

I have been here for approximately 5 years

I actually went on a reporting spree a few weeks back.  In a few days I got up to 900 posts reported with a 98% accuracy!  Reporting one liner shit posts in Off Topic and Politics & Society, it was literally like shooting fish in a barrel.  Then the next time I logged in and reported posts I made it to over 1k reported and my accuracy % dropped to 88%.

It seems like the last 100ish I reported nothing happened.  I've since basically stopped reporting posts in the OT and P&S subs because if the posts are not going to be removed then I am wasting my time and the mods time by reporting it.

In 5 years, do you have the majority of your reports just in a few days? you think reporting is a waste of time for moderators. they should actually spend their time on handling the reports. would you consider shooting fish in a barrel as something contributive?

I'm giving you a chance to edit this one, however theymos could see no matter what you do. I wouldn't trust somebody if he/she has no fear of God. I know for a fact that administration and staff team of this forum don't like somebody talking about our saviour like that. (for the record, I do believe in Jesus, I do believe him to be alive and to be one of the God's prophets. I believe that he is the saviour of humanity like the grandson of the last prophet)
I do fear God and ask forgiveness every day of my life. I'm 29 years old and a true virgin. lol if you want.  I do make mistakes and would try to fix them and improve myself. I have nothing to offer to this world, that is why I'm trying to make a difference.

What the fuck is with these fucking people...  Dude its a fucking web forum.  The rank achieved here is nothing to be proud of...

Holy shit people get a fucking life that isn't tied to this fucking forum...  Go outside take a walk enjoy nature, get a fucking blowy (from a real person not some 15 yr old boy pretending to be a 19 yr old women on the webz), smoke a dube, have a glass of wine.

When you start saying things like"blah blah blah insult to the word hero" and "can you really call someone legendary".  Hey dude it's a forum, guess what those ranks actually mean, NOTHING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING LOLOLOLOLOLOL

A persons trust, merit, and rank are completely inconsequential because interwebz and also have zero bearing on the content of their posts.

Unlike you. I'm actually willing to tie myself to this forum. it means everything to me. I just wonder, why would you want to spend your time on meaningless interwebz forum? I'm surprised to see some respected and trusted members vouching for you blindly.

Here I am, offering my time asking for a wage, am I going to wake up every morning at 8AM to start moderating and dealing with reports until 3-4-5PM every day like a robot? never. if that is what expected from a mod, then I am not able to do that. but I will spend at least 35 up to 45 hours per week to do the job. can I make mistakes and let theymos down? I hope not. but I will not let this forum and community down. you don't even have a signature, is the salary of a moderator higher than $2000-$3000? for me $1000 is enough, I wouldn't mind getting more but if getting less could help this forum then I'd accept it. am I going to be included on DT2 list? please don't add me to DT list. I don't want any power over other members other than cleaning their garbage. do I have to be included on DT list whether I want it or not? don't count on me then. give this job to somebody else.

Am I allowed to swear and curse people? if I am, should I do it? of course I wont do it. even saying "garbage" should be replaced by some other word. should I delete or even engage in any discussions with the humble Joe? of course not, I'm just a cleaning guy. should I respect everybody equally even if they are scammers? who am I to address them? I'm just a cleaning guy. do I have to revisit my trust feedback left on people even though they would have no weight on their trust scores? absolutely. why should I accept to do all of those things? because it is the right thing to do.

Can any of you guys offer something better? then offer and honor. am I terrible at English? I'm the worst. have I ever misunderstood others? yes ( Joe is an exception, it was never about the quality of what he is doing, it was about what somebody with malicious intent could do. I don't know why I'd edited this post of mine, oh right I did it as a joke, here it is a scenario. I wasn't actually trying to even joke about selling merits as a source, I was trying to hint at a possible scenario.

This could be off topic for many but if there is a chance for me to be considered as a candidate, I need to explain my behavior, I'm not impulsive and irrational just for the lol. there is intention of joking and laughing, not to troll. just extreme irresponsibility in expressing myself because I have never felt obligated to behave responsibly. only when I'm meriting others I feel obligated to do my best.

What would you do then? I'm only interested in receiving money without doing the job. show me some respect I'm a merit source. you should call your new version 2 Katoshi. if you accept me as a team member, we could put some merits for sale. $100 per merit. buyers should also join BTCforJoe's challenge in order to receive merits.
Check PM

Part in bold is me asking for respect after asking something worthy of insult, when I said that "I only want the money without doing the job" you should naturally swear at me and insult me for saying that, I immediately demanded respect, because I was assuming the reader would curse me after reading that line, so I said : "show me some respect" because I insulted myself for being like that. other people thought that I was seriously asking to be respected for being a merit source.

Note, I have edited out a part which I would deem inappropriate now to display. I was wondering about not receiving any PM from that newbie, I have newbies PMs on ignore as it seems. not that I was interested to engage with him/her. I thought that he/she intentionally said to check PM to make me look like a real merit seller. I still have newbie PM on ignore. there is also no other means of communication to contact me outside of this forum. forum members could only contact me via PM. theymos has access to them. I have also tried to change my meriting tactics constantly, there shouldn't be only one method to merit people, I'm doing this to show that I have no absolute and sure method in giving merits. what Joe is doing, is inviting low rank members to participate with good post quality to get merits.

Who could do some good quality post? of course somebody with that ability could join his challenge and post something good, fine let them do that. it only opens up an opportunity for one person to post with some quality with multiple accounts. there is a never ending supply of merits, if you join his challenge and post garbage, you wont get anything. but if you post good stuff, Joe and a few others could even post hundreds and get merits + 0.0007BTC per post. it is a slow process to farm accounts and sell merits or just the accounts while earning both as well with their high rank accounts as doing the community a big favour.

Claiming to help 100 poor families as a charitable gesture to the world, he should invite them here to join bounties and earn some money. lol.
I only tried to warn him that other people could use the same excuse to actually farm merits and accounts, reviewing hundreds of topics and thousands of posts would be too much of a workload for the forum and even DT members to handle. they would end up tagging people while the majority could succeed in their account farming. then it comes to community members trying to report these farmers, nobody would reward them enough and they would slowly stop helping.

Remember to thanks before and put me on ignore later.
~LOTLOJ for leader of the league of justice.

🖤😏
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16589

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 07:45:07 AM

One simple puzzle solving options, like Binace have, for every post and report can have a huge impact on them. I know solving captcha is a problem for some users so it can be a local integration.
That would be a great way to push away legit users, while the spammers' clickfarms don't mind the extra work. If it's for Newbies only (Copper members excluded) it could help though.

I bet for nullius. Though his rank is for newbie
Nullius hasn't posted in Politics & Society in 5 weeks. He excels in tech forums.
Also, he's a Full Member, not a Newbie.

Flying Hellfish
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 10:15:39 AM
Merited by Jet Cash (1)

I'm giving you a chance to edit this one, however theymos could see no matter what you do. I wouldn't trust somebody if he/she has no fear of God. I know for a fact that administration and staff team of this forum don't like somebody talking about our saviour like that. (for the record, I do believe in Jesus, I do

You're giving me the chance to do what now, I feel honoured /s.  You claim to know a lot of facts and honestly I don't care what Theymos religious beliefs are.

I won't be editing my posts (unlike you!) because I am allowed my opinion.  BTW this a forum, differences in opinions are what make this place work...

In his OP Theymos:

Who here is up to the task of moderating the section in order to remove this garbage, but without hampering the free exchange of ideas there? It'll be tough, since I do want to hear the thoughts of people who can't speak perfect English, people with extreme/offensive ideas, people who are rude while still making legitimate points, etc. So it'll be a difficult balancing act.

It would seem to me that EVEN if Theymos is deeply religious he would value my different opinion on the matter if I am to believe what he wrote...  So I am automatically untrustworthy because I believe in physical scientific universe rather than the supernatural one, I guess if you say so!

Am I allowed to swear and curse people? if I am, should I do it? of course I wont do it. even saying "garbage" should be replaced by some other word.

hilariousandco said it great here
Fuck off.  Grin

Grow a thicker skin. They're only words. I think there are far bigger (and worse) things to get offended about.
You are allowed to do whatever you want within the rules man.  I don't get from your posts that you really understand this because you spent much of your post attacking me for my beliefs?Huh?  Does that sound like a person that can allow and promote free speech in a jungle (as Invo put it!)

In 5 years, do you have the majority of your reports just in a few days? you think reporting is a waste of time for moderators. they should actually spend their time on handling the reports. would you consider shooting fish in a barrel as something contributive?

I explained my views on these in my posts.  Bottom line is NO I do not want to waste anyone's times and again I feel I've already explained why.

I just wonder, why would you want to spend your time on meaningless interwebz forum?
Having been here for almost 5 yrs I think its amusing you call into question my desire to be here...  I have my reasons for being part of this community but the biggest two are that I believe in BTC and always have and I have spare time so I read up on a topic relevant to me.  You seem to have misread or misunderstood the quoted post I was talking specifically about ranks and being "proud" of them.  Further down in the quote and probably more relevant to the discussion here is my comment about the content of posts. Thanks for bringing that up I think it shows why I am here!

I am not here for signature campaigns (as I have never worn a paid signature).  Having seen how great this forum was it does annoy me that shitposting farmers and bots have made me wade through a virtual cesspool of posts to find anything worth reading.  I freely admit that my posting has diminished over the years and for me the spam epidemic played a part in that.

You came in here asking for money, a job, tossing around numbers like they mean something and DT this and that and then throw this bad boy out there.
you don't even have a signature,

Are you suggesting somehow that me not wearing a signature is a bad thing?  Ya I don't wear one, I don't want to be forced to post a certain number of times per week.  Sometimes I just don't have anything to add to the threads I've visited.

I offered to help try to clean it up some and I would do it while I am online here.  I won't be online here 35-45 hrs a weeks, I'm not looking for a job.
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 12:03:50 PM

--
Will you be willing to moderate the section for no money?

How many posts have you reported? Not just in Politics & Society, but in all of BCT.

Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 02:05:10 PM

@ the flying fish

I gave you a merit because you don't have a signature ( is that a valid reason Smiley ).

I support yur application, and I hope you can clean up the board so that I can post my anti EU comments and oppose it's Unicorn politicians.

don't forget tht a Unicorn is not a magical creature spraying stardust, but it is an invention by man to help capture and enslave free spirits.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
boranes

Activity: 644
Merit: 253

Change Your Worlds Build a New Era!

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 02:59:04 PM

I wouldn't trust somebody if he/she has no fear of God.
Brainwashing nonsense.
I know for a fact that administration and staff team of this forum don't like somebody talking about our saviour like that.
Moderator should be Christian?
for the record, I do believe in Jesus, I do believe him to be alive and to be one of the God's prophets. I believe that he is the saviour of humanity like the grandson of the last prophet
What does this have to do with forum moderation?
I'm 29 years old and a true virgin.
You are 29 years old idiot. No wonder you are still a virgin.

░░░░░▄██░██░██▄        ████████████████▄     ███▄░░░░░░░▄███
░░░▄███▀░██░▀███▄     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████     ▀████░░░░░████▀
░▄███▀░░░██░░░▀███▄  ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███     ░▀████░░░████▀░
▄███▀░░░░██░░░░▀███▄ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███     ░░▀██▀░▄████▀░░
███▀░░░░░██░░░░░▀███ ░░░█████████████▀     ░░░▀░▄█████▀░░░
████░░░░░██░░░░░████ ░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▀         ░░░▄███████▄░░░
▀████░░░░░░░░░░████▀ ░░░░░░░░░░░████         ░░▄████░████▄░░
░▀████░░░░░░░░████▀   ░░░░░░░░░░░░████       ░▄████░░░████▄░
░░░▀███▄░░░░▄███▀       ░░░░░░░░░░░░░████     ▄████░░░░░████▄
░░░░░  ██████▀           ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██     ███▀░░░░░░░▀███
The Future of Gaming Comission
FreeGames And Items Exchange
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
InvoKing
Legendary

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 04:00:08 PM

Oh shit, this camp which suppose training peacekeepers got infiltrated with twoublemakers saying no sense. How cute...
P&S metastasis.

Cobalt9317
Copper Member

Activity: 434
Merit: 278

Offering Escrow 0.5 % fee

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 06:21:26 PM

As I have suggested it makes sense now that cleaning politics & society section is a tough job.
just make a poll about the matter so everyone can decide who is/are the appropriate person to do certain sort of task.

digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 06:55:12 PM

You are allowed to do whatever you want within the rules man.  I don't get from your posts that you really understand this because you spent much of your post attacking me for my beliefs?Huh?  Does that sound like a person that can allow and promote free speech in a jungle (as Invo put it!)

I never said nobody is allowed to say whatever they want, I also agree about freedom of speech. in P & S section people are trying to get by. not blatantly breaking the rules but doing something worse, bending the rules and using forum's resources. there are even more suitable examples for me to provide once more, I have been waiting to see if I have been considered as a candidate by theymos and his team. and I said that I would personally limit myself, I would do the moderating job by the book and professionally whilst keep posting as usual with another account a.k.a Literally_farming_merits. lol in magnitude of 0.2.

It would seem to me that EVEN if Theymos is deeply religious he would value my different opinion on the matter if I am to believe what he wrote...  So I am automatically untrustworthy because I believe in physical scientific universe rather than the supernatural one, I guess if you say so!

If you don't believe in a supernatural God and the afterlife, it doesn't make you automatically untrustworthy, it makes you potentially untrustworthy. those who believe in afterlife and would even kill hundreds to get some young virgins in their imaginary heavens are walking around with the same potential. you either don't believe and insist on not believing, so you could do whatever you want, no consequence, no God. you want to have sex with a married woman. if you could manage to have sex without her husband finding out, nobody around to see. the potential in you is stronger to go along with it. if you get your hands on a few Millions, temptation to take the money for yourself and spend it because you only live once, is stronger.

You came in here asking for money, a job, tossing around numbers like they mean something and DT this and that and then throw this bad boy out there.

That was actually my idea about how a moderator should be, what should be expected from a moderator. I was suggesting new (new for this forum) rules, policies. moderator "job" should be moderating, express your personal opinions with an alt. if I find my numbers are not worth my time, I could ask for a raise. now you have been the only other candidate posting for this "job" if others are better than me, sure give them the chance, but if you are not interested in doing a job but only in DT status, people should know.

I offered to help try to clean it up some and I would do it while I am online here.  I won't be online here 35-45 hrs a weeks, I'm not looking for a job.

If you are not looking for a job and don't want to spend that much time, I am and I'm willing to do that, the real contribution is for you to step aside and let me become a mod as a full time job and then keep reporting those obvious fishes dropping garbage for me to clean, you see any flaws in my ideas on how we should deal with garbage posters and account farmers? suggest your ideas, to help me improve. I will remember you when I'm on top sitting next to theymos, the other admin has already been dealt with. they have pinned something worse than heresy on him, Bcash defector. no mercy killing for that crime. <insert an image of an angry man spanking alia, nobody else around to punish>

You're giving me the chance to do what now, I feel honoured /s.  You claim to know a lot of facts and honestly I don't care what Theymos religious beliefs are.

I won't be editing my posts (unlike you!) because I am allowed my opinion.  BTW this a forum, differences in opinions are what make this place work...

You are allowed to have your opinions heard. I didn't say that we should have your post removed. but if I'm a mod and see any hints of other users trying to follow your example, I would delete it. would you then report it or even post a topic to complain about that post being deleted? highly unlikely, because you'd know what would and could be the reactions to such complaining. if somebody else with a low rank account states the same and or similar opinion, should I delete his/her post and not yours? because you have earned at least that, to freely express your opinion which is extremely offensive for at least a Billion people? nobody earns the right to bad mouth about a place where is considered one of the holiest places on the world. you don't believe in that, so there would be nothing as holy and as sacred for you to have people say something as offensive about it. because you believe in something not sacred for a Billion people, you could argue that you'd welcome to hear other people cursing at your dick, since that would be the holiest thing for somebody who doesn't believe in anything other than this physical and material world.

A mere parlour trick.  He only used that one for the "shock and awe" of the time.  His greatest trick is getting people to believe god is real!  I mean LOL right!  It gets better when you find out 2000 years later people still buy it and even pay to go to some shitty building to hear some hypocritical sack of shit tell them how shitty they are!    Just think it's so powerful people are willing to ignore the most basic of natural and physical law just to make their bullshit fly today... That's 100% genuine real magic, the only magic that is real ironically enough LOL!

You knowingly would submit such an offensive comment without adding something to make it constructive. you wont even admit that you have made a mistake to move forward and fix it.

🖤😏
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 07:19:35 PM

If you don't believe in a supernatural God and the afterlife, it doesn't make you automatically untrustworthy, it makes you potentially untrustworthy. those who believe in afterlife and would even kill hundreds to get some young virgins in their imaginary heavens are walking around with the same potential. you either don't believe and insist on not believing, so you could do whatever you want, no consequence, no God. you want to have sex with a married woman. if you could manage to have sex without her husband finding out, nobody around to see. the potential in you is stronger to go along with it. if you get your hands on a few Millions, temptation to take the money for yourself and spend it because you only live once, is stronger.
That seems a little judgmental. And for someone who is supposed to be objective, wouldn't you say that this affects your moderating ability?

You seem to be basing a lot of your criticisms by using your religion. It seems rather foolish to do so. I won't get into it further because that discussion would be better reserved for P&S. Or, if we are going to discuss you and/or Flying Hellfish, we can make a thread in Reputation. If you would like to create a topic and link it, I would be glad to jump in.
I'm not sure why you're so vehemently attacking Flying Hellfish.

You are allowed to have your opinions heard. I didn't say that we should have your post removed. but if I'm a mod and see any hints of other users trying to follow your example, I would delete it.
What is this in relation to? Non-religious sentiment? The expanded section also seems a little strawman-like.

All this ad hominem for a desperate potential job-grab... :/

o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18509

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 07:21:40 PM

I don't want to get off topic here, and no personal offense meant, but this is complete nonsense.

The Bible promotes slavery and states we should stone people to death who work on Sundays. Of course, these views are abhorrent, and no civilised society does these things any more. But how do we know? Because we have an internal, non-biblical, non-religious moral compass that tells us these things. You either accept that religion is not in any way the basis for morality, or you accept that slavery is fine because your religion says so.

Saying that the only reason you are not a stealing, murdering rapist is because you think God is watching is honestly terrifying.

Quote from: Penn Jillette
The question I get asked by religious people all the time is, without God, what’s to stop me from raping all I want? And my answer is: I do rape all I want. And the amount I want is zero. And I do murder all I want, and the amount I want is zero. The fact that these people think that if they didn’t have this person watching over them that they would go on killing, raping rampages is the most self-damning thing I can imagine.
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 07:27:37 PM

I will remember you when I'm on top sitting next to theymos, the other admin has already been dealt with.

First you "joke" about getting respect for being a merit source.  Now you want to sit on the top next to Theymos.  holy fuck man you seem to be power tripping or something bro...

you could argue that you'd welcome to hear other people cursing at your dick
I thought you didn't like swearing and won't use it?
Am I allowed to swear and curse people? if I am, should I do it? of course I wont do it.
Hypocrite much? Oh wait see below  Grin

If you don't believe in a supernatural God and the afterlife, it doesn't make you automatically untrustworthy, it makes you potentially untrustworthy.

I'm sorry did I misunderstand the part where you said:

See the bolded word is very much important here and you didn't put that in until the second post...  In your first post you categorically said you would not trust somebody if he/she has no fear of God

You're continued attack on me because of my atheist beliefs is VERY revealing.  IMO is it so off topic and irrelevant I hate to even reply.  All I will say is that the argument that atheists have less of a moral compass than religious people is so ridiculous it isn't even funny and ironically enough extremely offensive!

I am also not going to just drop out because you want me to or because YOU think you will be better than me.  That is a decision Theymos will make based on his criteria for what is best for the forum and I will happily respect his decision.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3064

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 07:39:58 PM

Oh, that will serve you well in life.

Distrusting everyone with common sense is just going to leave you with idiots.
I understand that you want others to have their hand in the sand so you are not lonely.

Such a backwards person should not be put in any position of authority...

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: