Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:45:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Warning BITCOIN Scam... Be Cautious!  (Read 703 times)
Rajs64

Activity: 322
Merit: 6

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 11:35:15 AM

One of the Major Reasons why some Government sees Bitcoin as a threat to their country is because people might use it as an opportunity against some other people who wanted to earn and make a living. Just recently in the Philippines a couple was arrested because of scam, they uses a pyramid scheme and baited people to invest via electronic money. It started when Bitcoin is at its hype, giving them the chance to use it as front.

For our safety and security, please read this article and be aware. https://www.rappler.com/nation/199915-filipino-couple-amasses-millions-bitcoin-scam

Hope this could help everyone and let us be cautious. Earning money is not that easy as what other think of it. It requires patience, dedication, determination and focus to reach your goal.

It's quite easy to scam masses who are shown only one aspect of bitcoins i.e the profit and quick gains from it. All want quick money. A person/group with know-how in bitcoins can easily make fool of such peoples.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 11:35:50 AM

Hi,

Of course, there are scams... But not because of bitcoin.

People are just using the hype, as you say. But scams and Ponzi shemes have existed for quite a long time now... There will always be people trying to earn money easily, so of course such frauds get developped. This isn't soemthing very specific to bitcoin..

Nellayar

Activity: 868
Merit: 185

Roobet supporter and player!

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 11:40:50 AM

Based of this problem, I think the government should be introduce about cryptocurrency to the society's, that's will be better than just blame bitcoin because the scamers, government can't stop the technology, so government should e think clear!
The media here in the Philippines are introducing bitcoin in televiewers. The BSP also have warned those Filipinos who are engage in crypto activities that they might lost their money if they will put it in cryptocurrency. Maybe, government will make a huge step in the near future because of these pyramiding scam.

xxToaDxx

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 05:06:58 AM

The government don't care about that,  the only issue is that bitcoin  is a big threat to the government and also to the Central Bank because it takes the power from them and give it to the hands of the citizens. Bitcoin may cause a fall in world government and might also put an end to central banking as we know it.  This is the main reason the government is against bitcoin and not the one you gave.
campbell.box

Activity: 109
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 05:36:31 AM

The pyramid scheme of the Philippines is the same as the biggest financial pyramid in Russian history.

With a high return on capital, they will lose their money. In the face of obvious financial fraud, MMM financial mutual aid platform, people should keep a clear mind! Don't fall for it!
neya

Activity: 504

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 05:51:01 AM

Based of this problem, I think the government should be introduce about cryptocurrency to the society's, that's will be better than just blame bitcoin because the scamers, government can't stop the technology, so government should e think clear!
The media here in the Philippines are introducing bitcoin in televiewers. The BSP also have warned those Filipinos who are engage in crypto activities that they might lost their money if they will put it in cryptocurrency. Maybe, government will make a huge step in the near future because of these pyramiding scam.
And now bitcoin was in news again here in philippines because of the scammer couple which in jail now.scammers are everywhere.lets think many times before we invest in anything mostly if it has a promise that  it can double your investment capital

TRUEPLAY.io
TRANSPARENT AND HONEST GAMBLING PLATFORM ♣ PRE-SALE STARTS 15th APR, 2018 ♠ 30% DISCOUNT
sitebounty ann thread  ♠ wallet
Moiyah

Activity: 630
Merit: 20

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 08:07:58 AM

Oh I highly doubt why these people who got scammed were convinced in such swindle like this. They've used the name of bitcoin to goofed everyone and used bitcoin as networking wherein you will invest money with high interest back to them.

Offering high interest is obviously a scam scheme. Easy money is one of the signs of scams and we atleast know that,  to prevent being deceived.

I am grateful that couple was arrested and Philippines authorities did a good job. This serves as a lesson to everyone.
Aliya Taj

Activity: 226

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 08:31:54 AM

Caution is advised to anyone who ventures into crypto, as its a very high risk investment, and the same applies to BTC. THE Claim that Bitcoin is a sacm is however not accurate as we have seen a number of scam cryptos fall but BTC still survives. if It was a scam , the developers would have already gone under with the earnings at its peak. BTC is real, and may just be the future currency.
xhoondilan

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 10:33:44 AM

Thank you for sharing, I have many experiences in bitcoin scamming especially in investing, they are very good at luring people to their scams and if you are not careful then you might be a victim. They use to post their mining status and how many bitcoin they mine everyday but if you started to invest on them in just few months or weeks their website will suddenly shut down and no notices. I don't do online investing now for the safest way.
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 10:38:32 AM

Thank you for sharing, I have many experiences in bitcoin scamming especially in investing, they are very good at luring people to their scams and if you are not careful then you might be a victim. They use to post their mining status and how many bitcoin they mine everyday but if you started to invest on them in just few months or weeks their website will suddenly shut down and no notices. I don't do online investing now for the safest way.

Most Cloud mining are scams and i think there are only 10% out 100 that known to be legit. Not only cloud mining but almost every online investments that is verry promising are probably a scam also. At first they can possibly pay you but eventually they will just disapear after they collected a good amount of cash from their investors. There were lots of people got scammed everyday because they easily believe that they can earn easy money without exerting too much effort .
Topek3

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 10:45:46 AM

not just in the Philippines.
but still many other countries like that , education about cryptocurrency should be extended to the general public.
I had been a victim of that sort of thing before , but it makes me a valuable lesson to better understand cryptocurrency.

Hi sir i am pilipino . Im fully trust on bitcoin is not scam . Yes some bitcoin site are scam but this forum are not scam .. I dont care if bitcoin value is fall down i trust some day the value of bitcoin will increase on the top . And , I think the government should be introduce about cryptocurrency to the society's, that's will be better than just blame bitcoin because the scamers
andrei214

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 03:11:32 PM

One of the Major Reasons why some Government sees Bitcoin as a threat to their country is because people might use it as an opportunity against some other people who wanted to earn and make a living. Just recently in the Philippines a couple was arrested because of scam, they uses a pyramid scheme and baited people to invest via electronic money. It started when Bitcoin is at its hype, giving them the chance to use it as front.

For our safety and security, please read this article and be aware. https://www.rappler.com/nation/199915-filipino-couple-amasses-millions-bitcoin-scam

Hope this could help everyone and let us be cautious. Earning money is not that easy as what other think of it. It requires patience, dedication, determination and focus to reach your goal.

Many people dont fully trust bitcoin industry, it is because they believe it was a scam.And because of some instances, many countries bans bitcoin for they are scared to be scammed and they would just think for their money and own safety.

▲▼ ZICHAIN ▲▼ ▲▼  JOIN OUR PRIVATE SALE NOW! ZICHAIN.IO ▲▼ FACEBOOK ▲▼ TELEGRAM ▲▼ TWITTER ▲▼ THREAD ▲▼ REDDIT  ▲▼
freshm4ker

Activity: 726
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 05:34:59 PM

Bitcoin is not a scam because it can help everyone and the currency is very useful and there are many people who have proven that they produce bitcoin. If there is any negative news and I believe the government still supports bitcoin and everyone wants to keep investing. Cool
suvo05

Activity: 1162
Merit: 260

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 05:48:26 PM

Bitcoin is not a scam because it can help everyone and the currency is very useful and there are many people who have proven that they produce bitcoin. If there is any negative news and I believe the government still supports bitcoin and everyone wants to keep investing. Cool

I think OP does not want to say that BITCOIN is a scam but he want to say that some people are making fool of other people(with less knowledge about BTC) in the name of BITCOIN.
The fact is true there are some people in almost every country who are taking advantage of the less knowledge about BTC. Of course bitcoin is not scam but some people are running scam schemes around it.
Almost the same case happened in India,  two people were arrested in RS-2000 Crore fraud case.
Even one has been arrested today https://www.ccn.com/indian-police-arrest-operators-of-2-6-million-bitcoin-ponzi/

cryptobobo

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

The P2P Marketplace For Digital Content

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 05:55:39 PM

There will always be greedy people in this cruel world,philippines is a 3rd world country which makes it easier for these scammers to fool people from their shitty promises to get fast income with these investments,those people who got fooled are greedy to as well because they are blinded by these traditional ponzi promises.

d_fitrie

Activity: 589

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 06:06:25 PM

must be vigilant, do not trust something that makes you instant rich, many people stuck with a small investment can get big profits, the strategy is very easy to use by fraudsters to deceive many people
SixOfFive

Activity: 630
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 04:54:48 PM

You should not blame Bitcoin for this. It depends on people for what they use the technology. Everything has its own advantages and disadvantages. The same applies to Bitcoin. Bitcoin has the feature of anonymity which is being used by people for scamming people for illegal purposes. This is what giving bad reputation to the Bitcoin. But people should realize that the criminals need to be punished for this and not Bitcoin.
budz0425

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 05:04:18 PM

I felt so ashamed that here in our country a lot of scammers out there, it is so pitiful that we have those kinds of crimes, I hope that it will not affect the number of users that are believing in bitcoin right now, I am hoping that people will be more become aware and be more practical in making decision with this kind of schemes.
JoshyKulotski

Activity: 127

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 02:50:05 PM

Because of the Bitcoin amount many people got interested on it rather to have one of it. Because of its stunning value price of $9,000+ people work for it so hard to gain some, people mine and others invested to profit or to have at least even Satoshis. Price is so interested so many people do some bogus and scams to gain also in illegal way. People makes digital wallets, mining sites and other investment site just to get others Bitcoins. In our country they used to do investment scams that they say they will profit triple of the amount invested in just 1 month, that was too obvious at the first place but somehow very effective here.
On my opinion search for some trusted sites you want to hold your Bitcoin and money, it is for your own sake. Try also wallets that is commonly used by users and other developers trusted apps.
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 02:57:52 PM

I felt so ashamed that here in our country a lot of scammers out there, it is so pitiful that we have those kinds of crimes, I hope that it will not affect the number of users that are believing in bitcoin right now, I am hoping that people will be more become aware and be more practical in making decision with this kind of schemes.

unfortunately it is usually like this in countries with less knowledge and adoption of bitcoin. the initial wave of people finding out about bitcoin are the scammers and they use this lack of knowledge among the rest of the people in their country to fill their pockets.
good news is that it usually doesn't last long since the education spreads fast.

There is a FOMO brewing...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: