Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:34:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What's your worst cryptocurrency investment mistake?  (Read 490 times)
wndrbr3d

Activity: 914
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 10:13:19 AM

Mobile Go was my first bad choice in investment sphere  Smiley
I bought 600+ MGO per 100k satoshis each. But diversification saved me from total loss.
zoiapisya

Activity: 448
Merit: 106

quarkchain.io

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 10:22:49 AM

When I first started trading on EtherDelta, I did not know that for every action the commission was withdrawn. The network at that time was loaded and the comission was of a large size, I lost a lot of money without having made a successful bidding transaction

Juulke

Activity: 79
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 12:05:49 PM

Buying TRX is my biggest mistake.
matrix50

Activity: 74

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 12:17:52 PM

Not buying Verge in November,  I changed my mind last minute.
Claudyah

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 01:43:56 PM

Purchased a falling coin. Do not buy something just because there is no value. You must wait for confirmation from the market that the trend has changed. identify the price confirmation that you easily recognize for example with technical analysis, before you decide to buy the coin.
Nikosgalis1957

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

CHIEF GROWTH OFFICER OF GLOBAL ENTERPRENEUR

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 02:00:56 PM

I think my worst crypto investment is Synero because I thought it will be popular as steem but I was wrong because their team is the worst and they did nothing, I'm waiting for Synero platform for almost 2 years now and they still have not release any working product.

bananadines

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 05:40:17 PM

Haha, that is an easy question for me guys. I bought some RBX for an easy flip and then the dev has gone one day later. He said in his thread that is isnt a good investment for anyone and he created a new project ^^
withche.07

Activity: 549
Merit: 259

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 05:45:15 PM

One of my worst investments was Stuffgogo. They had very high ambitions they were planning to launch mobile store to sell things usibg ethereum and stuffgogo token. But their developer was just plain bad. No release, no news, nothing.

[]
▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████▀               █████▄
▄██████▀       ▀███████   █████▄
▄█████▀  ▄    █▄   ▀██▀  ▄  █████▄
████▀  ▄██  █  ███▄    ▄███  █████
▄███  ▄████ ███  ██▀     ▀███  ████▄
███         ▀███    ▄███▄   ▀█  ████
███  ████▄            ▀▀▀██▄     ███
████  ████ ████▀    █▄▄▄         ███
▀████  ██  ██▀  ▄██  ███▀▀      ███▀
█████  █  ▀  ▄████▀    ▄██▀  ▄████
▀█████     ▄█▀▀    ▄  ██▀  ▄█████▀
▀█████       ▄▄█████    ▄██████▀
▀█████               ▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████▀               █████▄
▄██████▀       ▀███████   █████▄
▄█████▀  ▄    █▄   ▀██▀  ▄  █████▄
████▀  ▄██  █  ███▄    ▄███  █████
▄███  ▄████ ███  ██▀     ▀███  ████▄
███         ▀███    ▄███▄   ▀█  ████
███  ████▄            ▀▀▀██▄     ███
████  ████ ████▀    █▄▄▄         ███
▀████  ██  ██▀  ▄██  ███▀▀      ███▀
█████  █  ▀  ▄████▀    ▄██▀  ▄████
▀█████     ▄█▀▀    ▄  ██▀  ▄█████▀
▀█████       ▄▄█████    ▄██████▀
▀█████               ▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
[|]
hasna17

Activity: 378

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 06:40:24 PM

My worst mistake is when I buy a coin and
when the price of coins is soaring, and I do not know if that time altcoin market will fall,
but until now I still keep the coin until the market price stabilizes, and I will sell when the price of coins
can reach the price close to my capital, at least in order to minimize the loss.
Manchumichael

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 06:58:17 PM

My recent worst mistake is i bought BTG at $200+ i got chance to make a profit when i bought this coin after 3 days the price went up to $400 but because of my greediness i missed to sell my coins. Now the price i think below $50. 1st time i chose the wrong coin.
mobilezz

Activity: 602

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 05:31:24 AM

Hello guys I will like us to share our comment on your worst crypto-currency investment ever made for some people it might be investing in lending coins which was rampant last year but crash heavily in the beginning of this year and for some it's possibly losing their hard drive which they backup their bitcoin wallet. So what's your own worst crypto-currency investment ever made ?? Wink
A promising coin, which eventually became a shitcoin is the doge. Also, some investments in ICO led to total losses, but I never invest in them in large quantities. Well, the rest of the small things and I do not think that changing prices in the fall is a loss, it's an opportunity to recoup in the future.

caisa88

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2018, 08:29:49 AM

Investing in a token called Coeval, which promising 10.000 Monkey coins for the Monkey Capital ICO( which turned out to be a scam). The price of the token was 1300$ at one point, and now it doesn’t even exist anymore.
That's why i believe it's important to study a lot before you make an investment, and to not get fooled by hypes.

Nebula Exchange
Copper Member

Activity: 106

Nebula Exchange Admin

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2018, 08:37:51 AM

When I first discovered margin trading I made a bunch of money on 3 lucky trades and decided to go all in.. with no stop-loss. Ugh.

lolchina

Activity: 294
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 10:48:20 AM

I minned a lot of xvg last year only to sell it at 50 sats few hours before mcafee started to pump it and price went to over 1500 sats.I stoped doing the math how much i lost after the number was above 100k$ :'(Would like to see someone to beat this Grin
Xardasim

Activity: 1624

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 11:36:51 AM

In the past year I bought Bitcoin, when the price was 15k and I thought that the price would rise again when the price reached 20k, and I didn't sell. So, in the first months of 2018 the price started to come down and I predicted the price would rise again, and i didn't sell. And I have lost 10k from that, and this is a great lesson for me.
mynamehere

Activity: 574

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 06:08:13 PM

My mistake was not listening to a friend's advice and early sold "SHIP". It grows and will grow. And now I think it's too late and risky to enter this coin.
Stavri

Activity: 980
Merit: 275

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 06:25:10 PM

My biggest mistake was holding altcoins in the second half of 2017. Bitcoin was going up very well but altcoins were going down bitcoinwise. I prefered to hold altcoins. It was a big mistake. I could exchange them to bitcoin
coinsniperX

Activity: 404
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 06:39:32 PM

My all investments are bad at the moment, but I still try to be patient  Smiley worst one among the my all bad investments is probably tezos, I think it is good but there is nothing now but my lost btc
Remember me please what is happening with them now? I mean Tezos. I heard they have a serious problems with SEC, is it right?
coinsniperX

Activity: 404
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 06:44:24 PM

My biggest mistake was holding altcoins in the second half of 2017. Bitcoin was going up very well but altcoins were going down bitcoinwise. I prefered to hold altcoins. It was a big mistake. I could exchange them to bitcoin
oh yeah, it is definitely bad idea. unfortunately holding is not the best way to earn, we need to watch closely every our coin/token and work with them all time, sell high - buy low and again. As far I understood we must act more accurately and never relax om such volatile market.
BillyTalent

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 06:59:53 PM

My mistake is related to my wallet. I was hacked. This is only my fault. I saved my key on the hard drive. I did not think about it when I connected to free wi-fi. There is a conclusion. You are good at keeping track of your wallet
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: