Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 03:29:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Another dagger for bitcoin?  (Read 179 times)
SaiWAFU (OP)

Activity: 193
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 10:52:57 AM

Scammers have been recently caught using bitcoin as their front for investment. Bitcoin is well known and accpeted here in our country (Philippines) so several ill-minded individuals take these oppurtunities to scam and fool their fellow citizen.

Hope my fellow Filipinos would be aware and share the right knowledge on how to invest in bitcoin the right way.

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/money/content/649472/police-nab-suspect-in-p30-m-bitcoin-scam-in-bulacan/story/
Typogre12

Activity: 95
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 10:57:09 AM

Scammers have been recently caught using bitcoin as their front for investment. Bitcoin is well known and accpeted here in our country so several ill-minded individuals take these oppurtunities to scam and fool their fellow citizen.

Hope my fellow Filipinos would be aware and share the right knowledge on how to invest in bitcoin the right way.

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/money/content/649472/police-nab-suspect-in-p30-m-bitcoin-scam-in-bulacan/story/

I hope you really know what happened to that "supposed scam". The group or called "The Boss" have its wallet caught up with coins.ph AMLC implementation, the problem starts to arise when the account of the group was put on hold.
Betheng10

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 11:15:42 AM
Last edit: April 10, 2018, 12:04:46 PM by Betheng10

Scammers have been recently caught using bitcoin as their front for investment. Bitcoin is well known and accpeted here in our country so several ill-minded individuals take these oppurtunities to scam and fool their fellow citizen.

I hope you really know what happened to that "supposed scam". The group or called "The Boss" have its wallet caught up with coins.ph AMLC implementation, the problem starts to arise when the account of the group was put on hold.

"supposed scam"? Dude there's a link posted below have you read it? That's a legit news agency in the Philippines.

It's pretty hard believing in bad news about bitcoin, but I think the purpose of the OP is to tell other bitcoiners to share their knowledge so if there are new people who are interested in investing in bitcoin, they won't be scammed.

I suggest that before you question topics here, make your claims reliable too regarding "The Boss"

Just John

Activity: 294
Merit: 6

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 11:16:37 AM

Scammers have been using bitcoin for quite a while and there really is no way to stop criminals from doing these things but we should always try to educate as much people as we can on the proper ways to buy and invest in bitcoin.

☁ CRYPTO MARKET CLOUD ☁
【THE FIRST AND ONLY SELF CONTAINED ECO-SYSTEM】 (https://cryptomarketcloud.com/)
Typogre12

Activity: 95

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 11:30:35 AM

"supposed scam"? Dude there's a link posted below have you read it? That's a legit news agency in the Philippines.

It's pretty hard believing in bad news about bitcoin, but I think the purpose of the OP is to tell other bitcoiners to share their knowledge so if there are new people who are interested in investing in bitcoin won't be scammed.

I suggest that before you question topics here, make your claims reliable too regarding "The Boss"

I know there's a link, but you really believe in news? Specially in the Philippines where news are turned and twisted, I know what was this  "scam", it is called "NEW G", the problem arouse when coins.ph implemented AMLC, the accounts used for reimbursing the upline was put on hold (as I stated above). The news says almost 900M Php was amassed but that was also exaggerated, just ask the people who have invested on that "scam".
cryptomium

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 11:56:29 AM

It's pretty hard believing in bad news about bitcoin, but I think the purpose of the OP is to tell other bitcoiners to share their knowledge so if there are new people who are interested in investing in bitcoin won't be scammed.

I  agree with you 'Bro'  there is no connection in bitcoin as it relates to the article that they said on the link and presented. The suspect was use a kind of agency or maybe a company to contribute and then to recruite more members for unlawful activities. It's true that the news is related in 'scam' but not related in bitcoin.
7Dyoknga5

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 01:45:08 PM

I know there's a link, but you really believe in news? Specially in the Philippines where news are turned and twisted, I know what was this  "scam", it is called "NEW G", the problem arouse when coins.ph implemented AMLC, the accounts used for reimbursing the upline was put on hold (as I stated above). The news says almost 900M Php was amassed but that was also exaggerated, just ask the people who have invested on that "scam".

Here! Another source.

"Police operatives arrested a couple who allegedly defrauded several people of around P900 million in an investment scam through virtual currency Bitcoin"

Here an excerpt on the first paragraph. GMA news is one of the biggest news company here in the Phils. Now where's your source that it's exaggerated? If you wanted to prove a point, back it up with facts. I would like to post a video link but its in our native language.

You're right about the NEWG thingy, it was the name of their investment company. But again if you would doubt our news and say it twisted and exaggerated, show your facts.

I got your back kababayan! Smiley

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢          Buddy          ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Decentralized Development Automation Platform
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢ token.buddy.works ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 01:48:11 PM

Well i think everyone of us in crypto should take the time to provide information to other people. It's easy to bait people who don't know bitcoin because it can really be a source of easy money though not all the time. These scammers show them proof that they can earn so they fall for whatever scams they do. The more information about btc and crypto shared, the less these scammers will have easy victims

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
AbyssLagiaz

Activity: 185
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 01:52:30 PM

I kinda hate these people using the name of Bitcoin for their own benefits while its image will be potentially ruined in the public. Bitcoin here is recognized both investments and a "simple" digital money. I hope it doesn't put a red flag in our government that Bitcoin itself is a scam but rather put a red flag on those type of projects instead. Government really needs a reinforcement in all these scams or more worse scams are about to come. Bitcoin can be put into advantage of other people to invite naive people in cryptos by offering them returns in their investments.
Filfil

Activity: 333
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 01:52:54 PM

In our time, you need to be very careful. Hackers are very smart and original people. They want to take our bitcoin. I believe that soon all crypto currency will have better protection. In the meantime, we can exchange such news in order not to get on scammers!

SteelPaladin48

Activity: 27

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 01:54:52 PM

Well i think everyone of us in crypto should take the time to provide information to other people. It's easy to bait people who don't know bitcoin because it can really be a source of easy money though not all the time. These scammers show them proof that they can earn so they fall for whatever scams they do. The more information about btc and crypto shared, the less these scammers will have easy victims

Yeah, your correct. When there's news about scams who is more likely to blame? I think its the investors, every scams can be avoided if people are thoroughly investigating before investing. They have failed to know more where their money would go, believes on high ROI in a short period of time without proof of anything, and the eagerness to be rich as quickly as possible. That's were the problem is.
Lenzie

Activity: 658
Merit: 254

For campaign management, please pm me.

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 02:07:38 PM

Scammers have been recently caught using bitcoin as their front for investment. Bitcoin is well known and accpeted here in our country (Philippines) so several ill-minded individuals take these oppurtunities to scam and fool their fellow citizen.

This is why there are alot of people who do not trust bitcoin and don't believe on its potential. There are alot of people who, insyead of spreading the good thibgs that bitcoin have been through, they are spreading FUD and a lot of negative news.
There are also a lot of individual who tried to used it on there own selfish way. They take for advantage the short glory of scam connected bitcoin used than those long term that can help them and a lit of people for a long time.

Bitcoin Mixer
▬▬ www.Go-Overt.com ▬▬
.............CLEARNET..........TORNET............
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀░░░░██████▄
████████▀▀▀░░░▄▀░░░████████
█████▄░░░░░▄█▀░░░░░████████
████████▄█▀░░░░░░█████████
▀████████▌▐░░░░░░░████████▀
▀████████▄██▄░░████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀