Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:32:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Take care of Butterflylabs (BFL)  (Read 3133 times)
McKinley (OP)

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 08:45:12 PM

I live in Austria (Europe) and ordered my Jalapeno in March 2013. The BFL Jody blog tells that devices from May 2013 are already being shipped, I however am still waiting. My tracking information ends up in an Australian post office (1). I read also, that China shipments end up in Canada (2) and people get wrong devices or missing parts (3) too.

Butterflylabs did not - since 5 days - respond to my emails. And Paypal stopped buyer protection for BFL orders - opening a dispute for BFL orders is not allowed, it results only in an email to BFL.

I am really pissed, BFL doesn't seem to be a scam, but it looks like BFL orders have a serious risc attached.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2013, 09:47:40 PM

I live in Austria (Europe) and ordered my Jalapeno in March 2013. The BFL Jody blog tells that devices from May 2013 are already being shipped, I however am still waiting. My tracking information ends up in an Australian post office (1). I read also, that China shipments end up in Canada (2) and people get wrong devices or missing parts (3) too.

Butterflylabs did not - since 5 days - respond to my emails. And Paypal stopped buyer protection for BFL orders - opening a dispute for BFL orders is not allowed, it results only in an email to BFL.

I am really pissed, BFL doesn't seem to be a scam, but it looks like BFL orders have a serious risc attached.

Please post a screenshot of the email or letter you got from Paypal confirming your claim that they will not offer buyer protection for BFL orders.  Thanks

-D

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
th3joker

Activity: 319
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 10:22:55 PM

Please post a screenshot of the email or letter you got from Paypal confirming your claim that they will not offer buyer protection for BFL orders.  Thanks

-D

It's outside of the 45 day window so that's a standard response from PayPal, no need to for him to provide that, hundreds/thousands of us have had the same problem! Just ask for a refund and then contact Paypal when BFL refuse and you'll see for yourself.
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 10:32:51 PM

Sounds like someone at BFL may not know the difference between Austria and Australia.

Can you confirm that your correct country is shown on your My Account page on the BFL website, and on your emailed shipment notice?

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
McKinley (OP)

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 11:38:16 PM

The Austrian address is - of course - registered with BFL and confirmed by email in order receipt from BFL and Paypal plus on the shipment notice. The way you can invoke buyer protection at paypal for undelivered items is to open a dispute. Thats possible, but at the end you get the following message:

We Have Registered Your Dispute
Thank you for registering your complaint about this transaction. Unfortunately, this type of transaction is not eligible for PayPal dispute resolution. We encourage you to continue to work directly with your seller, as we have found that many misunderstandings reach amicable solutions through communication.

Haha - so much for paypal - communication is only good if the other side answers. Paypals Buyer protection is just for advertising, not if you need it.
RW02

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 11:45:28 PM

ever thought its stuck in customs? you might need to phone your country's main postal service and ask if they know whats happend
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 11:50:36 PM

ever thought its stuck in customs? you might need to phone your country's main postal service and ask if they know whats happend

"Cheques in the mail and so is your BFL order."

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
McKinley (OP)

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 01:20:13 AM

If that were a technical issue my reply would be: rtfm - here obviously rtfp for post.

Sorry, but this had to be. Austria != Australia....
mruiter

Activity: 281

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 01:47:14 PM

Toasters are less then 10 euros at Ikeas . safe yourself the trouble and buy it.
Today it has more value then a bfl product, no mather if its a jap, ls or s.

BFL is a criminal organisation. They not just deliver late they are also officialy stealing money!!

❘|❘ ICONOMI  Fund Management Platform
  LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
mruiter

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 01:50:15 PM

And send me a pm. i have the mail adres of the assistant director of paypal. He will personly put youre refund in action at his office.
BFL is registerd at Paypal as a scam and stealing organisation. They give / force the refund from paypal.
I got refunded way after those 45 days. (120 days after)

cxboyminer

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 01:51:40 PM

Why do people still order new BFL machines when loads of other fella users complain about them? It's like throwing money away. I prefer to buy used BFL machines if there are any... Better and smarter.  Grin

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
Gator-hex

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 01:58:28 PM

It's outside of the 45 day window so that's a standard response from PayPal, no need to for him to provide that, hundreds/thousands of us have had the same problem! Just ask for a refund and then contact Paypal when BFL refuse and you'll see for yourself.

Why do you think they say "delivery may take 2 months or more after order. All sales are final." it's obviously to get outside the charge-back window  Wink

Anyway PayPal are just as at fault here, pre-orders are against their rules, they should never have allowed the transaction in the first place.

I just checked out BFLs checkout, I see they no longer support credit card and paypal.

mruiter

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 02:02:42 PM

by law: sales are final. a sale is completed when a product is deliverd to the one who orderd. Thats a sale. the rest is an order..... they cant change the law by adding some words to there website.
If this could be done i will make a website that gives a bounty to people hitting up josh the cryguy and add some words that its not illegal and be done with it.

Myself and more then a couple of hunderd people (confirmed) got a refund tru paypal using this contact at the ceo's office at paypals

wpgdeez

Activity: 728

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 04:51:04 PM

My buddy just got his Feb order and it was DOA! FAIL!
Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1617
Merit: 1012

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 04:58:46 PM

Regarding the apparent delivery to wrong destinations based on tracking numbers, keep in mind that USPS tracking numbers get recycled - sometimes too quickly. You may not be looking at the tracking information for your particular shipment.
Todamont

Activity: 604
Merit: 273

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 08:54:26 PM

BFL shipped to people who made orders over 6months after me before they shipped my order. They are running an investment lottery. Stay away.
McKinley (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 02:51:25 PM

UPDATE: today is the 24th day of no response of Butterflylabs to my email.
However if you ask them about the new Monarch miner, they answer within one day.

So, despite Butterflylabs seems to be able to produce products, their fail and refusal to deliver them makes Butterflylabs a scam.
HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 02:57:45 PM

I got my 30th June 7GH Jalapeno today.   Huh
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 02:59:34 PM

another BFL success story !  Grin
McKinley (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 12:35:33 PM

18th December - still no reply - BFL just doesn't care - they probably already got rich as hell with the pre-orders.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: