Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 04:55:38 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm A GIANT IDIOT  (Read 1044 times)
GiantIdiot1001 (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 09:39:46 PM

Hey all....

Made this account to get in touch with Piuk on here.

Made a bitcoin wallet within the hour while using TOR network.

Deposited coins via LOCALbitcoin to my wallet.

On my blockchain tab i clicked on gyft and opened in new tab

upon new tab loading i recieve this lovely error message
"BLOCKCHAIN HAS BANNED YOUR IP()"

Well....i close tor and reopen tor.
Now of course my Identifier isn't showing up because I had to use a new Ip and a new TOR connection

I have the information to supply about IP address accessing the account, what time frame the account was made and deposits were made, the orignal password for the account.

All i need is my freakin Identifier so I can be on my way.

I've used blockchain via TOR many times in the past and this is the first time i've ever had their cloudfire consider the IP address for blocked.

*sigh*

let's just hope i'm not out 500$ Sad
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2013, 09:44:20 PM

"Lost Identifier or Alias
If you have lost your wallet identifier first check the confirmation email you received during sign up. Can't find the email? Click the button below and we can send you a new one."

Did you not register with an email that gave you your identifier?
You can also log in with your Alias.
GiantIdiot1001 (OP)

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 09:48:05 PM

"Lost Identifier or Alias
If you have lost your wallet identifier first check the confirmation email you received during sign up. Can't find the email? Click the button below and we can send you a new one."

Did you not register with an email that gave you your identifier?
You can also log in with your Alias.

Idk what my alias would be?

I know about the email for recovery but my dumb ass was like "oh i'm only using this account to deposit coins and then send to another wallet might as well say f the email address"

So i put a fake email with a fake domain....

Like i said, i've done this before several times and never have had a problem; the problem resides in my TOR IP being banned which caused a domino effect for my identifier to be lost.

yea i fucked up by not putting real information but this was supposed to be a disposable account; had never even heard of blockchain banning IPS in my lifetime; learned my lesson from this mishap but still very confused as to why it even occurred in the first place.
dillpicklechips

Activity: 994
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 09:53:27 PM

I think your only hope is to find out the transaction id for the BTC you sent and get in contact with piuk for the account identifier. If you can sign a message with the sending address perhaps he'll give just the identifier to you. Then you should be able to log in.
GiantIdiot1001 (OP)

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 09:57:13 PM

I think your only hope is to find out the transaction id for the BTC you sent and get in contact with piuk for the account identifier. If you can sign a message with the sending address perhaps he'll give just the identifier to you. Then you should be able to log in.

How can I find out the transaction ID? Log into my localbitcoin account and search the transaction?
Feel like this isn't too bad of a dilemma being the account was only accessed one time, from one IP address, and was created for less than an hour. I've seen the related searches on "LOST WALLET IDENTIFIER" and they all seem to turn for the best
dillpicklechips

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 09:59:43 PM

How can I find out the transaction ID? Log into my localbitcoin account and search the transaction?
Feel like this isn't too bad of a dilemma being the account was only accessed one time, from one IP address, and was created for less than an hour. I've seen the related searches on "LOST WALLET IDENTIFIER" and they all seem to turn for the best
What software/service did you use to send the BTC to the blockchain.info wallet?
MGK

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 10:00:34 PM

Do you have the wallet.dat backup?
Arksun

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 10:01:50 PM

In Blockchains user settings, there's an optional  tickbox for blocking all attempts to access your account from TOR IPs, I guess to reduce the chance of getting hacked via TOR. In mine it defaulted to un-ticked, but could yours have gotten enabled by accident?.  Have you tried logging into your blockchain wallet via a normal IP?

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
Just.Bet 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
DECENTRALIZED
PROVABLY FAIR
ON CHAIN GAMES
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
[/center]
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 10:02:45 PM

open a support ticket and provide them with the e-mail address tied to your account.
GiantIdiot1001 (OP)

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 10:08:44 PM

What software/service did you use to send the BTC to the blockchain.info wallet?

I used Localbitcoins to blockchain.info; on my localbitcoins account it gives me a tixid 'long ass hash'
If I search the tixid it shows various transactions but you can see my deposit for 460$ into the bitcoin wallet address.

Idk what that is but probably not. I literally created a new wallet, 10 seconds later deposited the coins, 5 seconds later clicked on GYFT in new tab, immediately when it loaded IP ADDRESS HAS BEEN BANNED. Couldn't do anything else with the blockchain.info website until I changed my IP identity. I was furiously clicking around saying to myself "oh no oh no come on! FUCK! no way!"

In Blockchains user settings, there's an optional  tickbox for blocking all attempts to access your account from TOR IPs, I guess to reduce the chance of getting hacked via TOR. In mine it defaulted to un-ticked, but could yours have gotten enabled by accident?.  Have you tried logging into your blockchain wallet via a normal IP?

I wasn't even aware there was a setting for that. I do not know if it was checked or unchecked being the account was made and I was banned from it within minutes of creating it. I can use my normal IP to login; but i don't have the identifier or alias, if they let me log in using my fake email address i could but don't believe it works that way.

open a support ticket and provide them with the e-mail address tied to your account.

I can support them with more than the false email address I provided on the wallet creation page, but yes I do know the 'email' I used to create an account. I was about to buy a domain with the tail end of the email address so i could make the email address but that's like a whole other can of worms
dillpicklechips

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 10:11:46 PM

I used Localbitcoins to blockchain.info; on my localbitcoins account it gives me a tixid 'long ass hash'
If I search the tixid it shows various transactions but you can see my deposit for 460$ into the bitcoin wallet address.

Idk what that is but probably not. I literally created a new wallet, 10 seconds later deposited the coins, 5 seconds later clicked on GYFT in new tab, immediately when it loaded IP ADDRESS HAS BEEN BANNED. Couldn't do anything else with the blockchain.info website until I changed my IP identity. I was furiously clicking around saying to myself "oh no oh no come on! FUCK! no way!"

In Blockchains user settings, there's an optional  tickbox for blocking all attempts to access your account from TOR IPs, I guess to reduce the chance of getting hacked via TOR. In mine it defaulted to un-ticked, but could yours have gotten enabled by accident?.  Have you tried logging into your blockchain wallet via a normal IP?

I wasn't even aware there was a setting for that. I do not know if it was checked or unchecked being the account was made and I was banned from it within minutes of creating it. I can use my normal IP to login; but i don't have the identifier or alias, if they let me log in using my fake email address i could but don't believe it works that way.

I can support them with more than the false email address I provided on the wallet creation page, but yes I do know the 'email' I used to create an account. I was about to buy a domain with the tail end of the email address so i could make the email address but that's like a whole other can of worms
Give them the 'long ass hash' and the fake email address and they should be able to supply the login username. Good luck.
beetcoin

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 10:16:16 PM

In Blockchains user settings, there's an optional  tickbox for blocking all attempts to access your account from TOR IPs, I guess to reduce the chance of getting hacked via TOR. In mine it defaulted to un-ticked, but could yours have gotten enabled by accident?.  Have you tried logging into your blockchain wallet via a normal IP?

if you have the e-mail address, you need not worry. you can get it back. just open up the support ticket and ask for the identifier.

btw, why haven't you used the safest method to protect your wallet? electrum or armory.
GiantIdiot1001 (OP)

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 10:43:41 PM

I have never even heard of electrum or armory until now; going to install one of them for future reference. Seems silly to NOT have them.

Thanks for the replies and help other bitcoin users...helps me keep my sanity !
beetcoin

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 12:07:27 AM

I have never even heard of electrum or armory until now; going to install one of them for future reference. Seems silly to NOT have them.

fyi, electrum is a bit easier to use, but the latest version is quite buggy.. it still works though. you should definitely get your coins out of blockchain though, you will sleep much easier knowing that your fate is in your hands  Grin
GiantIdiot1001 (OP)

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 12:39:12 AM

fyi, electrum is a bit easier to use, but the latest version is quite buggy.. it still works though. you should definitely get your coins out of blockchain though, you will sleep much easier knowing that your fate is in your hands  Grin

yeah after this fiasco prob never using a blockchain wallet to do what i wanted to do again; plus saw another fourm on tech. saying they were randomly IP banned as well... seems there might be a bigger problem than just my incident with the misc. IP banning.
GiantIdiot1001 (OP)

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 03:42:55 PM

Update: No reply from zendesk support no reply from piuk starting to lose faith
beetcoin

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 09:57:49 PM

Update: No reply from zendesk support no reply from piuk starting to lose faith

don't worry, they are notoriously known for being slow. someone will help you eventually. i think they are understaffed and can't get to all the requests.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: