Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:54:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stanford University Business Full-Time Cryptocurrency Course  (Read 602 times)
alyssa85 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 01:26:03 PM
Merited by paxmao (1)

For those interested in studying crypto:

https://www.cryptocurrencyguide.org/stanford-universitys-graduate-school-of-business-full-time-cryptocurrency-course-scheduled-to-begin-next-month/

Stanford Graduate School of Business, Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania and Georgetown University’s McDonough School of Business are expanding classes in digital currency and blockchain, CNBC reported.

Stanford University’s Graduate School of Business is offering a full-time cryptocurrency course, and is scheduled to begin next month.

Because it is being done by the business school, it will probably focus on the ecoomics aspects, as opposed to teh technical coding aspects of cryptocurrency.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 02:16:16 PM

Well that's not only the university of Stanford that's been doing this there are many more institutions that are providing workshops for cryptocurrencies related stuff and giving suitable certificates to the people who are attending it .
That's showing how bitcoins is been accepted both professionally and educationally, Stanford is a big name and I think this will help tighten the grip of cryptocurrencies over the market.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
wantjokull

Activity: 700
Merit: 275

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2018, 02:22:53 PM

https://www.cryptocurrencyguide.org/stanford-universitys-graduate-school-of-business-full-time-cryptocurrency-course-scheduled-to-begin-next-month/

Stanford Graduate School of Business, Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania and Georgetown University’s McDonough School of Business are expanding classes in digital currency and blockchain, CNBC reported.

Stanford University’s Graduate School of Business is offering a full-time cryptocurrency course, and is scheduled to begin next month.

Because it is being done by the business school, it will probably focus on the ecoomics aspects, as opposed to teh technical coding aspects of cryptocurrency.

Thats a good step forward but unfortunately I am wondering why the computer field is not taking the part into this program. I mean coding is very much important aspect as compared to the economic studies for now. What I mean is simple fact, if you dont get the developments done in the crypto currencies then you dont get back the full working model for the same. Bitcoin is sensitive matter for now in terms of its scalability issues, mining difficulties and much more. All these things have to be cleared in the long run to catch good economic back bone and then whatever they study afterwards would be very interesting! I mean its really good that at leats they have started with something but for future purpose we need to fill the gaps.

▄▄██▄▄        ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄
█████████████████████████████
▀▀██████████▀▀ ▀▀██████████▀▀
    ▀▀██▀▀         ▀▀██▀▀

███▄▄██████▄▄        ▄▄██████▄▄     ▄█▄       ▄█▄     ▄▄██████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀████▄    ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄  ▀████▄   ▄████▀  ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
████        ███▄  ▄███        ███▄   ▀████▄████▀   ▄███        ███▄
███          ███  ████████████████     ▀█████▀     ███          ███
███          ███  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███████▄    ███▄        ▄███
███          ███   ███▄▄            ▄████▀ ▀████▄   ███▄▄    ▄▄███
███          ███    ▀██████████    ▀███▀     ▀███▀   ▀██████████▀
▀▀▀          ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀         ▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄       
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▄▄█▄▄   
▄▀▀  ▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀   █ ▀▀▄
▄▀▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀        █  ▀▄
█▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                           █
█                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▄▀       █
█                  █   ██   █
    ▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▀▄       █
█                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                           █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
THE WORLD'S
FIRST INSTANT
CRYPTO LOANS
GET INSTANT CASH IN
40+FIAT
CURRENCIES

USING
CRYPTO  AS
COLLATERAL

hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 3592

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2018, 03:33:17 PM
Merited by merchantofzeny (1)

I do not know why the Department of Economics/Business will study the Cryptocurrency, although it is a technology closer to the computer and programming.
Personally I do not believe in the role of Cryptocurrency economically and I do not think it will be possible to study or evaluate them based on the laws of economics and business administration(no one can Predicts it).
It is best to teach the Blockchain and the programming languages built on it(how to build tokens/coins, reading source codes and Enhanced protection).

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
vaughn125

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 04:26:45 PM

And at last! Another great news! Thanks for sharing this man! It really feels good to see some great news out of all the fud that I mostly see/read every time I scroll down on every section of this forum. This happening is really a big step for this industry because a famous school offering this course will obviously attract other universities as well to do the same. In return, it will cause more curiosity for the people who are doubting this industry or for the ones that haven't heard of it yet. And as more graduates of this course emerge, more countries may even legalize crypto currencies! The possibilities are endless!
merchantofzeny

Activity: 1036
Merit: 279

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 04:34:54 PM

Thought so. I suppose people that are already knowledgeable with programming no longer need to study about it? Considering it's Stanford, most of it would probably discuss how bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies can be integrated into the financial sector, like loans/credits for example.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 06:33:22 PM
Merited by Hydrogen (1)

There are many universities selling straight pseudo-scams, I say pseudo-scams because the information contained in the courses, typically masters, are stuff that you could find online for free, so you are just paying to get some accreditation.

I think this trend is a dying one. A high school dropout that is a killer programmer and has a portfolio of plenty of stuff to show related to crypto will find a lot of jobs vs some guy who got teached about crypto stuff in some university. So my advice is, if you can't afford these courses, don't go into debt for that, just learn stuff online and develop it and add it on your cv. I would also look who is teaching on these courses. They must be actual developers, not powerpointers.
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 11:44:07 PM
Merited by paxmao (1)

There are many universities selling straight pseudo-scams

Merited for that.

Over the last decade, there have been many colleges and universities who have been caught approaching homeless people on the street and signing them up for educational government assistance (aka: "state funded student loans"). This isn't done out of the kindness of their heart, its done to prey upon homeless and saddle them with mountains of debt they could never repay, in order to profit off of additional taxpayer funding under circumstances where those enrolled are very unlikely to learn anything of value which helps them or gives them a better future. There have also been cases where students have enrolled in programs which cost in excess of $50,000 that teach no useful skills and were zero help in students obtaining a job in their chosen career path.

Unfortunately, "higher education" has often devolved into a money making scheme where zero information or skills of value can be learned, while students take on extreme levels of debt proportional to their future projections for wages.

It is possible this "blockchain business course" won't amount to much. It could be a liberal arts equivalent to learning about bitcoin and a complete waste of money. Its always nice to hear about bitcoin and crypto currencies gaining ground and being more widely supported but it might not be an exaggeration to think that maybe ICO scams have their equivalent in higher education, here.
qwertyup23

Activity: 2226
Merit: 786

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 12:52:03 AM

This is excellent for the cryptocurrency world as it may hone students to develop further enhancements and future developments in order to improve the blockchain technology. Offering a degree with business related to cryptocurrency is one way to highlight and spread the knowledge of it to the world. We could say that this is a one-step progress and is a win-win situation among the society and bitcoin itself.
Though one problem that it might face mainly revolves around the government itself. The future of bitcoin is still unlikely and unreliable, as the government might impose rules/regulations prejudicial to its existence.

In the event that countries would declare bitcoin as a contraband, that degree might be useless and immaterial. They must have at least a contingency plan about the possible hindrances it might face.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Jitra

Activity: 126
Merit: 5

Professional Translator (Malaysian Language)

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 01:05:28 AM

I think it is good that Stanford and some of the other Ivy Leagueres are taking a leap forward in establishing the importance of cyrptocurrency.  I understand why they do not offer to teach the technological aspects of it.  I think cryptocurrency as whole is more disruptive than most people would like to admit.  Coding is not that difficult and most teenagers would be better at it because of their age and the flexible mindset that is not set to a fixed paradigm.  Cryptocurrency will change the dynamic of world's economy as we know it.  These colleges are taking steps in the right direction so that current and future business leaders are better prepared once the revolution starts. 

csr.INPACTOR.com  ◁|▌ A NEW HUMANITARIAN ECOSYSTEM ▐|▷  theINCITEMENT.com
■■■■■■■■■■■■■   POWERED BY CSR Tokens   ■■■■■■■■■■■■■
Tynovten_

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 01:12:20 AM

This is undirectly tell the universe that cryptocurrency future is more bright. Only how half of countries can accept it. This interesting is not make, their soul really been called.

I want to say with much spirit, happy wake up from the nightmare

ElevenX

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 01:15:42 AM

Thats a good step forward but unfortunately I am wondering why the computer field is not taking the part into this program. I mean coding is very much important aspect as compared to the economic studies for now. What I mean is simple fact, if you dont get the developments done in the crypto currencies then you dont get back the full working model for the same. Bitcoin is sensitive matter for now in terms of its scalability issues, mining difficulties and much more. All these things have to be cleared in the long run to catch good economic back bone and then whatever they study afterwards would be very interesting! I mean its really good that at leats they have started with something but for future purpose we need to fill the gaps.

It's a business school and Crypto has a lot that one can learn from when it comes to economics. It's more about teaching the students that aspect of Bitcoins. Not meant to sound mean, but you're looking at it through the eyes of really liking crypto. A little like a fanboy, where, "I find this aspect more important." It's a little like a school was teaching basketball defense, and someone goes, but why not 3 pointers. 3 pointers have become a larger part of the NBA.
Suslived

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 01:49:15 AM

I wonder what will happen to those courses once the cryptocurrency hype dies down. I can only imagine people with degrees in "cryptocurrency" would be hard-pressed for anything other than finance-related jobs. I wonder if that news article is even real in the first place. Too much fake news has been going around online..

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
fauzan Ichsan

Activity: 1204
Merit: 102

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 02:07:57 AM

This is undirectly tell the universe that cryptocurrency future is more bright. Only how half of countries can accept it. This interesting is not make, their soul really been called.

I want to say with much spirit, happy wake up from the nightmare
at least it gives a signal that cryptocurrency is known to people with the class. to ensure that i think half the world's population should use btc to meet their needs, so circulation of cryptos increases

batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2954
Merit: 598

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 04:00:29 AM

Where are those people who are looking for crypto course, sadly this isn't an online course.

I wonder what will happen to those courses once the cryptocurrency hype dies down.
It will remain and crypto's are here to stay so don't think that "hype" will die. I wonder why you are thinking this in negative way.

I wonder if that news article is even real in the first place. Too much fake news has been going around online..
You can verify if by yourself if you wish to know if it's real or not, be resourceful.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Sidiq SP

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 04:05:45 AM

I am very glad that cryptocurrency is increasingly accepted and recognized by all walks of life, and even educational channels have deepened and taught more about this cryptocurrency, such as the university Stanford Graduate School of Business, the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania and Georgetown University's, these universities are well-known and well-known institutions around the world, hopefully the future will be more successful and we are moving in the world of cryptocurrency is increasingly victorious, amen
geopolisch

Activity: 1022
Merit: 511

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 11:08:27 AM

I heard it some days before writing on this thread as the by this thread CNBC reports say that Harvard and Stanford and many more other universities and colleges are now studying Bitcoin courses on a large scale because the only thing and reason they are doing so is the high economic stability and to be the top number one rank of the global market.

Bitcoin helps grow the economy of a country by saving the cost of paper manufacturing and printing and cleaning of notes. It boosted up the economy by giving a huge profit after the jump of Bitcoin after some time.
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 12:35:33 PM

I heard it some days before writing on this thread as the by this thread CNBC reports say that Harvard and Stanford and many more other universities and colleges are now studying Bitcoin courses on a large scale because the only thing and reason they are doing so is the high economic stability and to be the top number one rank of the global market.

Bitcoin helps grow the economy of a country by saving the cost of paper manufacturing and printing and cleaning of notes. It boosted up the economy by giving a huge profit after the jump of Bitcoin after some time.
They should also tackle about what blockchain can be used for, IMO they will be closer to being number one by doing so. I think they really need to study also the technical side of crypto in order for their students to be truly job ready deal with the crypto career for real in the future. Without knowledge of the tech, how can they use what they have studied and apply it? They would only end up as blabbermouths if they only learned it's economic aspects like what other economic experts do today.
BountyX

Activity: 352

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 01:07:21 PM

I do not know why the Department of Economics/Business will study the Cryptocurrency, although it is a technology closer to the computer and programming.
Personally I do not believe in the role of Cryptocurrency economically and I do not think it will be possible to study or evaluate them based on the laws of economics and business administration(no one can Predicts it).
It is best to teach the Blockchain and the programming languages built on it(how to build tokens/coins, reading source codes and Enhanced protection).

I don't agree in the slightest. It is like saying that the functioning of economics, finance, etc., aka FIAT money, should be studied in a course of machine enjineering since the printers which print paper money require enjineers to be built. And since nowadays money is anyway in most cases just a number in a computer, economics should also be studies in the faculties of Informatics.
LoL. Cheesy

Basmic

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 01:23:22 PM

You're wrong. Crypto-currencies have more to do with economic laws than Fiat. The volatility of the cryptocurrency is the natural reaction of the currency to the changing economic situation. For this reason, the cryptocurrency economy is impossible crisis. Fiat keep in balance artificially so the crisis is a pattern Fiat economy.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: