Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:18:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stanford University Business Full-Time Cryptocurrency Course  (Read 608 times)
btccrusher

Activity: 742
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2018, 08:19:48 PM

Sounds interesting, wondering why I wasn't aware of this. Good to see that educational institutes have taken cryptocurrency seriously. Young age will be encouraged to study in crypto related subject. I'm interested to take a course if possible just to know how things are being done. Anyway, thanks to OP.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
meatygeiger

Activity: 67
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 05:26:12 PM

Highly appreciable steps. Take a bow Stanford. And I can assure after my graduation, I will definitely go for stanford
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 05:32:16 PM

I believe this became a possibility because of the online courses being offered by some online program of a school, which now I don't remember. Obviously cryptocurrency as a subject will be included as a elective class as a lot of students are interested in it , it is inevitable to have one. Just like how Korea have their own college for Pro Gaming athletes/students as a whole program. Universities right now are identifying what is being talk about and what is greatly affecting people's lives and Bitcoin and Blockchain Technology is one of them.
AK47-

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 05:42:58 PM

For those interested in studying crypto:

https://www.cryptocurrencyguide.org/stanford-universitys-graduate-school-of-business-full-time-cryptocurrency-course-scheduled-to-begin-next-month/

Stanford Graduate School of Business, Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania and Georgetown University’s McDonough School of Business are expanding classes in digital currency and blockchain, CNBC reported.

Stanford University’s Graduate School of Business is offering a full-time cryptocurrency course, and is scheduled to begin next month.

Because it is being done by the business school, it will probably focus on the ecoomics aspects, as opposed to teh technical coding aspects of cryptocurrency.
That is an amazing news. I am sure a lot budding managers would want to excel themselves in the most promising technology of today's world. If I were a manager, I would have definitely enrolled into the course. I have one question though, what would be the credibility of the professors since everyone is new to this world.
Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 05:50:39 PM

https://www.cryptocurrencyguide.org/stanford-universitys-graduate-school-of-business-full-time-cryptocurrency-course-scheduled-to-begin-next-month/

Stanford Graduate School of Business, Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania and Georgetown University’s McDonough School of Business are expanding classes in digital currency and blockchain, CNBC reported.

Stanford University’s Graduate School of Business is offering a full-time cryptocurrency course, and is scheduled to begin next month.

Because it is being done by the business school, it will probably focus on the ecoomics aspects, as opposed to teh technical coding aspects of cryptocurrency.
It is a good thing seeing cryptocurrency slowly getting implemented in many fields and going as far as teaching it in university as it is indeed a very interesting case to look at and research, but what i don't get is why it is being apart of an economic course, from what i know cryptocurrency is a highly unpredictable market and it does not move according to fixed principles like the stocks or the other currency market, so what they may be teaching today may not be valid in the future.
so98nn

Activity: 2086
Merit: 603

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 06:16:47 PM

This is indeed a great news for all the community members as Stanford university is not a common name but most popular name among teenagers and students globally.I think there are some institutions spreading awareness about cryptocurrencies to students boosting the growth oppurtunities of the market giving technical and theoritical knowledge of blockchain technology.This is a very good step advances in this digital feild by educational instituitons which will make this crypto market more famous.
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 07:21:12 PM

That is the part that will be thought but some discussion would touch the narrative part about how it works and the technology behind it but not coding. I have come to realize that all the part that make a difference are not taught in the classroom. The people that even shaped the world we live in even dropped out of school while some we don't even know if they go to school. But its all good that they are learning it at least its giving popularity to what is being discussed at the moment. The fear is that eventually when they graduate, they become policy makers that would then determine what is being done in the industry that's the irony we have to live with.
ahmad21

Activity: 672
Merit: 271

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 07:32:04 PM

I do not know why the Department of Economics/Business will study the Cryptocurrency, although it is a technology closer to the computer and programming.
Personally I do not believe in the role of Cryptocurrency economically and I do not think it will be possible to study or evaluate them based on the laws of economics and business administration(no one can Predicts it).
It is best to teach the Blockchain and the programming languages built on it(how to build tokens/coins, reading source codes and Enhanced protection).
Let me bring in the economic thing in between. You see everything was based upon blockchain and computers until bitcoin has been seen as a currency. When it is being seen as currency people transact with it in daily usage and even invest in it too. When people invest in it its obvious that it has some economic sentiments attached to it apart from the simple craze of technology. They want a good return on their money. Here is when economy comes in. It gets applied automatically where something related with the economic sentiments which is the want of the people with limited resources in present. That is why such university is teaching this course. They want to understand that how bitcoin and crypto could fit into the regular financial and economic scenario.
normensky012

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 07:48:06 PM

I haven't seen this in other popular media outlets. They are probably be teaching the economic side of cryptocurrency as the term itself refer to something of "economic study". Well, about the technical aspect, it is being taught in computer science or computer engineering course since it deals more on computing and cryptography in computers. Cryptocurrency is just one form of application that can be built with blockchain. Think of Blockchain as Windows OS, and think of Cryptocurrency as MS Office. In short, Blockchain is the operating system and Cryptocurrency such as bitcoin is a software application. And please note, not all in the CMC are cryptocurrency, some of them are tokens, just happened to have a monetary value. It's like potato, you can use the potato to have fries, but you can't buy the potato without spending something with monetary value, therefore potato has monetary value.
fleecedamp

Activity: 58

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 09:40:04 PM

That's a cool news really, because btcs expansion is always in the non technical base which is remedied with name Stanford
ToyMonster

Activity: 65

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 02:18:21 AM

Well I don't like crypto but when comes to the issue of its education by the esteemed Stanford, there can be no question or doubts
phpartisanmaster

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 02:29:47 AM

It was a very good thing to here that there are a lot of people who are interested on earning cryptocurrency today and because of that, there are even work from unversities regarding cryptocurrency.
Roukawa

Activity: 546

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 02:33:30 AM

Well that's not only the university of Stanford that's been doing this there are many more institutions that are providing workshops for cryptocurrencies related stuff and giving suitable certificates to the people who are attending it .
That's showing how bitcoins is been accepted both professionally and educationally, Stanford is a big name and I think this will help tighten the grip of cryptocurrencies over the market.
Cambridge University have also acquired blockchain technology courses. It means that many college/universities all over the world are now accepting blockchain technology as part of their curriculum. I hope that my country will also integrate these courses in my field specially in business and financial management. It is good if the study in blockchain technology will become a minor subjecy in all colleges in the world.

sunniechance3

Activity: 242
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 02:33:35 AM

They will probably focus on its economic aspect but lots of universities cover cryptocurrencies in related courses. It is far away from being an independent field of study for now.

Even the smallest step is useful in long run, then why you are under-estimating this step. Also, upon reading the news one finds that not only Stanford University but many other universities are planing to introduce crypto currency courses. I think this will give a boast to the economy of crypto market as new users will join and get aware of various benefits provided by crypto currency.
yametekudasai

Activity: 47

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 02:46:03 AM

If this is real then this is really good. There will be more people who'll study and focus on cryptocurrency more with undivided attention. Hoping this will help the community to strengthen the crypto world.
IndzheborgC

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 06:36:50 AM

This is actually good news - after graduating and improving their qualifications, graduates will be able to do a lot of useful for the crypto industry.
dvillier

Activity: 238
Merit: 57

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 06:43:02 AM

Indeed, even the littlest advance is valuable in long run, at that point why you are under-assessing this progression. Additionally, after perusing the news one finds that Stanford University as well as numerous different colleges are planing to present digital currency courses. I think this will give a brag to the economy of crypto showcase as new clients will join and get mindful of different advantages gave by cryptographic money.
andika2018

Activity: 700

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 08:40:38 AM

I do not know why the Department of Economics/Business will study the Cryptocurrency, although it is a technology closer to the computer and programming.
Personally I do not believe in the role of Cryptocurrency economically and I do not think it will be possible to study or evaluate them based on the laws of economics and business administration(no one can Predicts it).
It is best to teach the Blockchain and the programming languages built on it(how to build tokens/coins, reading source codes and Enhanced protection).

I do believe that cryptocurrency will affect in bussiness future. For example, with smart contract on ethereum network, establish company can publish bonds with token form. Beside that, right now many utility token in market and i am believe utility token will have part in bussiness in the future
Ilegendph

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

Thinking on the higher plane of existence.

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2018, 10:57:58 AM

Sounds interesting, wondering why I wasn't aware of this. Good to see that educational institutes have taken cryptocurrency seriously. Young age will be encouraged to study in crypto related subject. I'm interested to take a course if possible just to know how things are being done. Anyway, thanks to OP.
I believe that most of the schools that teaches about bitcoin is in business school since the application of cryptocurrency is mostly in this section. While thr blockchain part is in thr IT schools becausw this is the technical part of cryptocurrency wherein the way this technology is programmed affects all of its dependents specially the platform itself.

E C O S T A R T |                              telegram      twitter      facebook                     Instant and transparent
                                   WE CREATE A CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR OUR PLANET  ▬▬▬▬   financing of environmental
[   WHITEPAPER      ONEPAGER   ]                JOIN                               projects.     
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 01:47:58 PM
Merited by paxmao (1)

They will probably focus on its economic aspect but lots of universities cover cryptocurrencies in related courses. It is far away from being an independent field of study for now.

Even the smallest step is useful in long run, then why you are under-estimating this step. Also, upon reading the news one finds that not only Stanford University but many other universities are planing to introduce crypto currency courses. I think this will give a boast to the economy of crypto market as new users will join and get aware of various benefits provided by crypto currency.
Yeah, there is really no small one and by the way, it is what the university can offer that would be on board right ?

Nevertheless, every aspect of blockchain application is necessary and none can actually be overlooked. It does not necessarily have to be the coding or scientific part of it. One thing is all these knowledge and people trying to gain them will be highly useful in the long run and this would give them an edge in a world that is changing. Also, a lot of universities are already offering series of program with respect to blockchain technology not just Stanford.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: