Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 08:22:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stanford University Business Full-Time Cryptocurrency Course  (Read 610 times)
Whosdaddy

Activity: 1148
Merit: 527

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 06:22:30 PM

Well I don't like crypto but when comes to the issue of its education by the esteemed Stanford, there can be no question or doubts
If you do not like crypto, then why are you here ? By not liking crypto, are you referring to cryptography in all, or are you referring to cryptocurrency as a whole ? Just pulling your legs though !
I feel this is a good move for any institution considering the way there would be a lot of options for those who really want to be a part of this system and for the fact that there would be so many enthusiasts looking forward to getting the full gist and how it can be applied to so many other things.
mstfprcn

Activity: 700
Merit: 553

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 07:24:27 PM

Waoww what an incredible step, as i heard,in Turkey, a few university will add blockchain to their annual education programme.
cheeseandcrackers

Activity: 155
Merit: 16

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 07:27:02 PM

This should prove more and more that cryptocurrency is more legitimate than everyone tries to preach.  This shit isn't going away, and it's only going to get more dominant.  Adapt or get left behind.
sreecanvas

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 12:46:41 PM

That is a good step forward as it is being done by the business school, it will probably focus on the ecoomics aspects, as opposed to teh technical coding aspects of cryptocurrency.
Jonsnowstark

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 04:40:20 PM

This is just great. The more people understand crypto, its technology and its use, the more people will learn to accept it and will embrace it in their lives. Its just a matter of time that we teach this in school like business or mathematics perhaps. The technology behind bitcoins and crypto is just amazing. Teaching them in school will only promote it more to people.

WordDeckTuch

Activity: 78
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 06:36:08 PM

Another great victory for the bitcoiners. Now traffic will increase than ever in blockchain directly and law would get imposed
mimienamphine

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 10:05:23 PM

This is great move for cryptocurrency.I will really love to take a degree program in cryptocurrency.This will help to popularize cryptocurrency worldwide because it will enlighten people more about the untapped riches on the blockchain that will make things easier to the wide-use and acceptance of cryptocurrency.

francis2

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 11:50:27 PM

Waoww what an incredible step, as i heard,in Turkey, a few university will add blockchain to their annual education programme.
This interesting and a great development, I really think that bitcoin is going to be similar to the Internet the ones that are going to adopt it are the young people, that doesn't mean that older people are not going to adopt it is just going to take a lot more time and it is possible they never get used to it, so we need to get to the young and a good place are universities.
SplendidHunter

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 11:56:06 PM

Wow! I would deffinately love to take one of those! That I suppose would be a great start in my crypto carrier world.
cryptojac17

Activity: 490
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 12:13:05 AM

This interesting and a great development, I really think that bitcoin is going to be similar to the Internet the ones that are going to adopt it are the young people, that doesn't mean that older people are not going to adopt it is just going to take a lot more time and it is possible they never get used to it, so we need to get to the young and a good place are universities.
Because it's  either we like  it or not the world is shifting towards digital world and the currency system will  become a cryptocurrency that's why some  University will already shifting towards the study of cryptocurrency and the technology behind it in order to prepare our youth to be totally understood  about crypto currency.

btc78

Activity: 2534
Merit: 215

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 12:26:49 AM

For those interested in studying crypto:

https://www.cryptocurrencyguide.org/stanford-universitys-graduate-school-of-business-full-time-cryptocurrency-course-scheduled-to-begin-next-month/

Stanford Graduate School of Business, Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania and Georgetown University’s McDonough School of Business are expanding classes in digital currency and blockchain, CNBC reported.

Stanford University’s Graduate School of Business is offering a full-time cryptocurrency course, and is scheduled to begin next month.

Because it is being done by the business school, it will probably focus on the ecoomics aspects, as opposed to teh technical coding aspects of cryptocurrency.
This only means that how serious US universities about the future of cryptocurrency,they really believe that this is the next generations currency and i love thinking about that.in this point all of us have a one piece of trust for american people in continuing support for what is our future in this community..goodluck to all of us and may we all achieved what we wanted too

cahbagus555

Activity: 756

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 12:28:32 AM

This is great move for cryptocurrency.I will really love to take a degree program in cryptocurrency.This will help to popularize cryptocurrency worldwide because it will enlighten people more about the untapped riches on the blockchain that will make things easier to the wide-use and acceptance of cryptocurrency.

Indeed, cryptocurrency right now become more popular and studied in stanford in another achievment. Maybe its because cryptomarket have good potential in the future and thats make stanford give a courses.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 06:14:36 AM

I hope that some of the universities in my country will do the same thing like what the Standford University did to the cryptocurrency, they accepted it and they made a course for the cryptocurrency which is a complete opportunity for the people who want to explore the cryptocurrency world and who want to take advantage of this growing industry.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 06:38:17 AM

I hope that some of the universities in my country will do the same thing like what the Standford University did to the cryptocurrency, they accepted it and they made a course for the cryptocurrency which is a complete opportunity for the people who want to explore the cryptocurrency world and who want to take advantage of this growing industry.

And being a parents i am glad that this is now opened for our childrens future and given them opportunities to learn this technology formally and decently,since we must accept that in our part we just learned this personally though most of us had some friends told and teaching them this community,but with university now i am sure my childrens has a brighter tomorrow now..

Though if given a chance i am willing to enroll too together with my son so we both learn everything that we must need to learn..how brighter the future now
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 07:53:46 AM

This is really a good one for the whole community at large as we can see all over the world that this is already being accepted as the future and the next stage of evolution in all sectors of the society. I believe they are not the first and I am sure they would not be the last. This is a spot to reckon with as there would be a lot of knowledge to gain from it for those who would want to be the part of the future anyway, so I believe it is just a start.

As expected, academic side development of cryptocurrency and blockchain technologies are happening which will definitely spread awareness on various aspects of cryptocurrencies. Maybe these will push cryptos toward main stream adoption somehow.
gambitcoin53

Activity: 378
Merit: 25

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:03:29 AM

I do not know why the Department of Economics/Business will study the Cryptocurrency, although it is a technology closer to the computer and programming.
Personally I do not believe in the role of Cryptocurrency economically and I do not think it will be possible to study or evaluate them based on the laws of economics and business administration(no one can Predicts it).
It is best to teach the Blockchain and the programming languages built on it(how to build tokens/coins, reading source codes and Enhanced protection).

yes i must agree, are they planning to study how to have a forecast on the bitcoin price? if so, that would be so useful to anyone who wanted to learn the science of cryptocurrencies. but i think anyone who knows trading can benefit from those courses, as for newbies, that is certainly a big help to them.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
netil

Activity: 150

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 02:38:59 PM

Higher education finally decided to keep up with the times Grin. Now a lot of information, but it is scattered and sometimes unreliable. Perhaps universities of this level will be able to outsmart and theorize the blockchain

▂ ▃ ▅ ▆   LUCRE ▬ DON'T HODL; TRADE!   ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂
✓ BITCOIN & CRYPTO CURRENCY ALGORITHMIC TRADING & SIGNAL SERVICE ✓ 
▌▐ ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Youtube ⬝  Meduim   ▬▬▬▬▬ ▌▐
Mastsetad

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 12:37:12 PM

Well that's not only the university of Stanford that's been doing this there are many more institutions that are providing workshops for cryptocurrencies related stuff and giving suitable certificates to the people who are attending it .
That's showing how bitcoins is been accepted both professionally and educationally, Stanford is a big name and I think this will help tighten the grip of cryptocurrencies over the market.
Cambridge University have also acquired blockchain technology courses. It means that many college/universities all over the world are now accepting blockchain technology as part of their curriculum. I hope that my country will also integrate these courses in my field specially in business and financial management. It is good if the study in blockchain technology will become a minor subjecy in all colleges in the world.
Yeah, most of the esteemed universities all over the world and some other well-known universities already have blockchain and cryptocurrency related courses and programs in their curriculum. This is an area that is needed mostly now considering how a lot of people are trying to get their knowledge filled in this aspect of the future where it would be an edge for them. Once you see the future in sight, see how you can get the best out of it. Nice one though!
charlzyeby

Activity: 182
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 11:30:07 PM

When top universities start to take cryptocurrencies seriously more investors will begin to take a liking to the entire cryptocurrency concept and digital currency movement. Standford university is one of the top universities in the world and their good stance to add courses in cryptocurrencies will go a long way to attract more people to join the crypto movement. But students should not only be limited to classroom work on cryptos; there are more experience in the field.
pitiflin

Activity: 980
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 11:33:15 PM

I heard even Harvard has such course. And damn,wish I ever had a chance to pursue a career/study a course related to crypto. For those who are living in the US,if you ever get a chance to learn from any of the crypto courses. Don't miss out on it. For all you know,it maybe the best thing that ever happened to you in your life.

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██