Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 09:14:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Turning my life around  (Read 1054 times)
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 06:05:58 PM

At present you can hardly do better than by investing "all" into bitcoin. If you want a million, and realize that risk is involved, BTC10 and 3 years of wait should do it.

There are more important things in life than money, but I don't know much about them I am a simple millionaire.

course a "million" will about buy you a 1993 corolla that needs a timing belt and tires by then

I am suggesting that OP buys about 1/1,000,000th of all bitcoins available. Surely that is worth more than million dollars is currently. Only variable is the time - when?

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 06:09:06 PM

sure, im actually really good at saving so maybe i can help. here is what i would do.

for 1 month carry around a little notepad with you everywhere you go and take note of everything you spend money on. at the end of the month go through the list and separate essentials from non essentials. add up all of the essentials and that is your budget for next month.

when you get your paycheck set aside enough to cover those necessary expenses that you calculated from the essentials on that list, and immediately go to the silver shop and invest all of the money that you believe that you should have available to save before you have the opportunity to spend it.

next you just have to learn to recoil in horror at the prospect of taking a hit from premiums at converting your silver back into cash. that way your repulsion will outweigh the benefits of consuming unnecessarily.

using this method my wife and i were able to dedicate more than 70% of our income to savings and according to the government we are poor. the trick is setting up the situation where you only have a certain amount of money to spend. it will cause you to think critically about the most efficient ways to allocate resources. so for example while shopping for food for the week at the grocery store you will literally be faced with the prospect of not eating anything on friday if you don't make wise choices, which then of course you will just make wise choices and eat on friday.

also not all woman are that way, my wife is a very good saver, we police each others spending habits. perhaps you should look at what sort of image you are projecting if these are the sorts of woman you are attracting. are you baiting your hook with promises of wealth? are you enticing them with nice cars and sharp cloths? well what sort of woman do you think that is going to attract? suppose instead you have on totally normal cloths and you are driving a 10 year old car, providing no information or clues that would indicate to that woman that you have wealth and instead you use your wits to attract her. what sort of woman do you think that is going to attract?

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 4369

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 06:22:07 PM

At present you can hardly do better than by investing "all" into bitcoin. If you want a million, and realize that risk is involved, BTC10 and 3 years of wait should do it.

There are more important things in life than money, but I don't know much about them I am a simple millionaire.

course a "million" will about buy you a 1993 corolla that needs a timing belt and tires by then

I am suggesting that OP buys about 1/1,000,000th of all bitcoins available. Surely that is worth more than million dollars is currently. Only variable is the time - when?

I'm not disagreeing with you rpietila, just being a morning smart ass.  You are one of the users here for which I have developed the utmost respect.

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
chargers9

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 06:54:15 PM

Read some books about investing?
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 08:25:15 PM

Just being aware and taking steps to spend less will likely start the money rolling in. Good job man!

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
just_me

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

Jesus Christ Saves Sinners

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 03:02:59 AM

Hey all, hope all is well out in bitcoin land!

Many of you know me.. Not sure how but you seem to.

Anyways, I've decided to try and make a million or more before I die for my nest egg. I am looking for successful people to help me with advice on to how they got to where they are.. And I'm not talking about early bitcoin adopters who bought at $3 and are now rich.. I want advice from people who worked their way up to where they are. (no offence intended to early BTC adopters)

Here is a list of what I am doing to improve my money situation:

1. No more women, All they seem to want is my money.
2. Quitting smoking. (costs me +$200 a month, and stinks to boot)
3. Working overtime when I can.
4. Avoiding gambling sites.
5. Not eating out at restaurants.
6. Buying grocery items only when they are on sale.
7. No more social outings to bars/clubs.
8. Quitting drinking alcohol.
9. Huh
10. Profit!

I make roughly $800 bi weekly. Almost 1 full paycheck goes to rent and bills. This leaves me with roughly one check to hold onto a month.
I owe Geoffolosphy +$335USD for a BTC trade last week. So my paycheck might suck a little bit next round.. But I have to live with that.

If anyone out there is willing to post some tips on how to save money or knows of lucrative investments please post below!

Thanks in advance!

Kyle.T

It sounds as though you want to do all these things for money, as though you are worshipping money.

From what you wrote above, you are intent on 'repenting' for the sake of trying to have more money or a million or more.

Do you believe In God?

Consider that if you repent, do it for God.

Luke 15:7
New American Standard Bible
"I tell you that in the same way, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance."

Today is the day that the Lord has made, lets be glad and rejoice in it
ajax3592

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Crypto News & Tutorials - Coinramble.com

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 06:01:06 PM

Well, I too want to get rich and have similar thought process like your's OP, eventually we will get rich but there certainly comes a day when you are sitting on that beach in some foreign country, relaxing and then you see a couple in LOVE. That feeling of loneliness cannot be bought with whatever amount of money.

Love > Money
*Exception it is very hard to find these days like mining a whole bitcoin with a GTS 250 !

Crypto news/tutorials >>CoinRamble<<                            >>Netcodepool<<                >>My graphics<<
snakebit

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 01:37:53 AM

no women, no smoking, no booze?

jesus, what's the point, just kill yourself now

Lived for 25 years now.. and half of that time was spent knee deep in pussy and drugs/booze... Time to be successful man!

Excellent mindset. I was in your boat 5 years ago and realized the path I was on...it was a dead end street. Though I wouldn't give up booze. The key is moderation.

If you can adhere to #1 No more women, I guarantee you will be in a much better position financially, emotionally, and mentally. I've witnessed too many men over the years who's lives have been screwed due to false domestic violence allegations, divorce, exorbitant lawyer fees, alimony, loss of property due to divorce, unable to see their kids due to divorce. I've been in some situations where I lent money to a few friends in order to help them pay child support, otherwise, they would have gone to jail.

Women.are.not.trustworthy.

Do.not.trust.women.with.anything.

You.are.just.a.tool.for.women.

Adherence to these principles will significantly improve your life. Go your own way.  Cool

Good luck!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: