Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 06:10:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This is why the ICO & bounty era is almost over  (Read 464 times)
bandar (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2018, 06:38:10 PM
Last edit: April 10, 2018, 09:09:49 PM by bandar

I've noticed quite some changes in ICOs and bounties:

- The whole market is flooded with BS projects
- There are way too many ICOs
- Teams are often fake
- Telegram groups of 25k people don't mean a thing
- Hardcaps aren't reached anymore.  Remember a few months ago when some ico's were sold out in minutes?  When does that still happen?  It doesn't... the contrary is happening: icos last for months and months
- Bounties: they sell them by their hardcap number at the price of the last stage.  For example: 4 million USD bounty!  That is IF all 400.000.000 tokens are sold AND you could sell them at the last price of 0.1$ which you never will.
- Bounties/caps are often calculated in eth and for some reason ico-people still think 1 eth is 1000$.  Wake up and smell the news!  1 eth is less than half of that!
- Nobody is buying tokens anymore
- They lie about how many tokens are sold
- Private investors... don't make me laugh.  There are no private investors....  If there were, they would be bragging about which ones which they don't.  ALL lies and more lies.

EDIT: (since most posters only read the OP):  That's why:

- Every ICO team member should do a mandatory KYC so everybody can find these people when the shit hits the fan.
- Vitaliks DAICO idea with escrowed funds that are released when certain goals on the roadmap are met.
- Pay bounties in eth/btc/fiat and not in tokens
- Team tokens should be locked for a year (a lot do this already).
- Delete Telegram as a whole  Grin (no j/k I don't like chat groups of 50k people, they are useless)

EDIT2:

I invested in a lot of ico's last summer.  Most of them made profits, sometimes huge profits.  When the market turned red, I stopped investing money and started investing time.  I turned to bounty hunting (mostly translation jobs, some sig).  By doing that I read a lot of WP, did a lot of research on teams and websites and then it started to occur to me that there are A LOT of fake teams, fake linkedins, vaporware products that only consist of marketing. 

I always wonder: how is it possible that if they present you a team of so called experts with years of relevant experience in IT, financial industry, marketing, etc that in most cases these people are nowhere to be found prior to the ico?  You google them: nothing, you search for their pictures: nothing, you google the companies they so called worked for: you can't find them (you can find the companies but you can't find evidence that they worked there).  There are only a few ico's that I participated in (with a bounty) that were 100% transparant, where you could actually find the people aboard.  Neufund was one of them.  Most of the times those icos are the ones with hardly any bonuses, no pre-sales, no months long ico's, no facebook and telegram lemmings who try to shill a product and team they don't know.
ilnick

Activity: 322
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 06:59:15 PM

Somehow you are too depressed)
Try to take into account the fact that ICO demonstrates a market situation. When BTC and the market begin to grow, there will be investors, hardcaps, activity.
this is a fluctuation of ICOs, as the market)
kingcrypto-the2nd

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 07:06:15 PM

did u loose some coin ,ur talking like someone who lost large some in a coin.U know it that what ur talking aint real tho
Qungis

Activity: 77
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 07:11:54 PM

Okay, well, then delete your signature, sell your account, and go work at McDonald's, where you're waiting.
bandar (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2018, 07:13:26 PM

did u loose some coin ,ur talking like someone who lost large some in a coin.U know it that what ur talking aint real tho

No and in fact I'm in the crypto game since 2014.  I've done a lot of ico's,especially last summer when it was an excellent time for buying them.  I sold most of them with good profits during december/january.  And that is exactly the reason I'm posting this.  things have changed wether you like it or not.  Name one thing in the list I posted that isn't true to some extent?  It's all happening, every thing I mentioned.  I'm not saying no ICO will be succeful in the future, but just look at the altcoin announcement section and compare that to 2 years ago...  Not even mentioning the complete BS-ico's with people who don't even take the time/effort/hire people to write in proper English.  Some sites look like they were designed in Paint in 2005...
sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 07:15:23 PM

Nothing is over, dont lose heart just yet. Even though people can empathize, its pointless raving and ranting like a petulant kid, each time someone snatches the lolly in your hand.
nakauten

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 07:20:41 PM

- Teams are often fake
- Hardcaps aren't reached anymore.  Remember a few months ago when some ico's were sold out in minutes?  When does that still happen?  It doesn't... the contrary is happening: icos last for months and months
- Bounties: they sell them by their hardcap number at the price of the last stage.  For example: 4 million USD bounty!  That is IF all 400.000.000 tokens are sold AND you could sell them at the last price of 0.1$ which you never will.
- Bounties/caps are often calculated in eth and for some reason ico-people still think 1 eth is 1000$.  Wake up and smell the news!  1 eth is less than half of that!
- Private investors... don't make me laugh.  There are no private investors....  If there were, they would be bragging about which ones which they don't.  ALL lies and more lies.
There should be some changes with these ICOs in the future,investors and most of the people are tired of getting bullshit scams with these shit people who will only try to raise funds and runaway from the investors.Vitalik's suggestion could prevent these shit scams which is why we need to implement the other way around!

bandar (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2018, 07:23:03 PM

Nothing is over, dont lose heart just yet. Even though people can empathize, its pointless raving and ranting like a petulant kid, each time someone snatches the lolly in your hand.

Easy now camper...  I'm just pointing out some problems we're facing with ico's.  Every single problem I've listed has been discussed before and are taken in account for investors when investing (or not investing).  Many of these problems could be solved when there would be regulations.  Let'stalk about those, in order to be a bit more constructive since you're all thinking I'm some depressed kid who bought into some ico and got screwed  Grin

- Every ICO team member should do a mandatory KYC so everybody can find these people when the shit hits the fan.
- Vitaliks DAICO idea with escrowed funds that are released when certain goals on the roadmap are met.
- Pay bounties in eth/btc/fiat and not in tokens
- Team tokens should be locked for a year (a lot do this already).
- Delete Telegram as a whole  Grin (no j/k I don't like chat groups of 50k people, they are useless)
bandar (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2018, 07:24:49 PM

- Teams are often fake
- Hardcaps aren't reached anymore.  Remember a few months ago when some ico's were sold out in minutes?  When does that still happen?  It doesn't... the contrary is happening: icos last for months and months
- Bounties: they sell them by their hardcap number at the price of the last stage.  For example: 4 million USD bounty!  That is IF all 400.000.000 tokens are sold AND you could sell them at the last price of 0.1$ which you never will.
- Bounties/caps are often calculated in eth and for some reason ico-people still think 1 eth is 1000$.  Wake up and smell the news!  1 eth is less than half of that!
- Private investors... don't make me laugh.  There are no private investors....  If there were, they would be bragging about which ones which they don't.  ALL lies and more lies.
There should be some changes with these ICOs in the future,investors and most of the people are tired of getting bullshit scams with these shit people who will only try to raise funds and runaway from the investors.Vitalik's suggestion could prevent these shit scams which is why we need to implement the other way around!

Exactly.  Finally someone who gets where I was going to.
Milamol

Merit: 11

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 07:26:44 PM

You are right, quantity has replaced quality. When investors become smarter and more intelligible, the quality of projects will increase.
Unfortunately, now investors do not buy much on the ICO, because the market has fallen and not because they have become smarter.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s   ▐ ╹  Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAPCNSPNRU   WHITEPAPER  ]     ICO ❱ ❱  ❱ Nov. 12 th
facebook   ◥ TWITTER   ◥ reddit   ────  (❪   B U Y   ❫)  ────
cryptodagger

Activity: 224

Stable coin to make charity free for everyone

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 07:29:06 PM

I agree this year investors are too scared to invest because most of these new projects are turning into scams,i have 4/12 scams already which i have joined these bounty campaigns,i am too confident that the ICOs are slowly not getting profitable these days because these shit people are destroying cryptocurrency's reputation.

Vispilio
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1631

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2018, 07:30:43 PM

- Teams are often fake
- Hardcaps aren't reached anymore.  Remember a few months ago when some ico's were sold out in minutes?  When does that still happen?  It doesn't... the contrary is happening: icos last for months and months
- Bounties: they sell them by their hardcap number at the price of the last stage.  For example: 4 million USD bounty!  That is IF all 400.000.000 tokens are sold AND you could sell them at the last price of 0.1$ which you never will.
- Bounties/caps are often calculated in eth and for some reason ico-people still think 1 eth is 1000$.  Wake up and smell the news!  1 eth is less than half of that!
- Private investors... don't make me laugh.  There are no private investors....  If there were, they would be bragging about which ones which they don't.  ALL lies and more lies.

very unfair and unrealistic assessment of market forces. You need to understand first of all that it's very hard to invest in crypto currencies with fiat right now. Every day press and politicians are spreading FUD, tax liabilities, scam accusations, all fake news and false propaganda to prolong the eclipsed system of banking and fiat money.

Investors are naturally afraid because of legal repercussions in many parts of the modern world reaching totalitarian levels. IRS, SEC, outright bans in many other countries etc.

So there are extremely good ICO projects in 2018, but people are scared and deliberately deterred from investing. Free enterprise always finds a way to flourish, so don't worry, it's just a temporary hiatus as more and more intellectual people understand that the mainstream "politically correct" establishment has become the enemy of the free people.

jacaf01

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2018, 07:35:04 PM

I think some of your assumptions are wrong, especially your take on private investors, there are ways to confirm the Ethereum they recieved during the private, the ethereum address contain this ethers. I do agree with you that the ICOs are struggling to raise fund but the very good ones are selling out very fast.

|
|
QRX|
|
QURREX - QRXTest MVP |Source
www.qurrex.com

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
adarwis

Activity: 560

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 07:37:45 PM

Well, some of your opinions I think are true, but not everything is true, as bounty and ico will end, it depends on what you choose which ico, but can not be denied, a lot of ico who lied to the investors and a lot of bounty scam who just want to profit by cheating
bandar (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2018, 07:38:54 PM

I think some of your assumptions are wrong, especially your take on private investors, there are ways to confirm the Ethereum they recieved during the private, the ethereum address contain this ethers. I do agree with you that the ICOs are struggling to raise fund but the very good ones are selling out very fast.

Yes, I agree on those investments.  You can track them and I have seen them (in good ico's).  I'm talking about the bloating about so called private investors which happens a lot too.  It can never be checked.
Tylev

Activity: 854
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 07:40:15 PM

In many ways, of course, you are right. ICO campaigns have become increasingly difficult to collect the necessary funds for the project. However, in many respects the general market drop plays here and the holders of bitcoins and ethereum are not very eager now to invest in ICO projects because they can already buy considerably less number of tokens for crypto currency than before, when these coins were two to three times more expensive. However, the situation is not so catastrophic. The crypto currency market will grow and the situation with ICO will also improve. Even under current conditions, many ICO campaigns are showing good results. ICO projects will continue to evolve and for a long time to exist.
modtakels

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 07:44:52 PM

I feel it too,ICOs now are just being scams that true meaning of ICO is now getting wasted by these shit scammers who only wants to steal millions of dollars from the investors,that is why less people are trusting these new projects because they are unsure about what will happen to the project if its going to scam or will turn into scam after they have raised millions of dollars.

illymoka

Activity: 133

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 07:46:29 PM

- Teams are often fake

You're only half right. I still think that cool projects exist, but they are just harder to find from the heap of the scam.
hiwainmoto

Activity: 182

Unibright Token Launch - 10th April 2018

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 07:47:36 PM

I felt it too,because to what i ahve experience from joining bounties, even those projects who looks so legit are turning into scam.! which is why less people nowadays are joining ICOs because most of these new projects are just create to raise some funds and after getting those millions of investment they are running away from people.

Fahim

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 07:47:41 PM

I agree with you that there really has been more lies. The industry is developing and marketing techniques are used everywhere. That's why good projects sometimes look gray simple mice and fraudulent projects look like beautiful multicolored roosters that entice and attract our attention.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: