Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:16:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This is why the ICO & bounty era is almost over  (Read 464 times)
justine11

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 11:39:26 PM

I think this might a wake up call to investors that you must choose you ICO wisely or else say goodbye to your money because of scammers they smeared the name of ICO just to steal money from the people. Now we don't know what is legitimate ICO or not and also this is why big companies like google facebook and twitter banned  cryptoads in their platforms
oneidentity

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 11:46:01 PM

I think that the era of bounty is not over but it is just beginning. Only campaigns will be conducted not in the form in which they exist now. I think that all of us in the near future are waiting for change.
cryptopan

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 11:47:50 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2018, 12:25:20 AM by cryptopan

Agreed,ICOs should come to its end because most of these projects are just created to scam millions of dollars from the investors the true meaning of initial coin offering is long dead,its all about the money which is the main reason why most of the scammers are joining the ICO business because that is where the money goes we should be more careful about these potential scams.

__ ▂ ▃ ▅ ▇ █  TRADELIZE  █ ▇ ▅ ▃ ▂ __
█≣≣≣ICO Starts :April 17,2018≣≣≣█▃Your laser sword in Cryptocurrency Trading ▃█≣≣≣   whitepaper   ≣≣≣█         
≣     Onepager     ≣     ANN Thread     ≣     Facebook     ≣     Telegram     ≣     Twitter     ≣
cryptopussies

HEXCASH - Decentralized Fun

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 11:52:20 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2018, 12:13:05 AM by cryptopussies

I do think the same,these ICOs are going to be more unrealiable less chances of getting success even if they are legits becuse 95% of these ICOs nowadays are failing because of lack of vision,team member sucks and most importantly these ICOs are looks more scheme than a initial coin offering and investors doesnt want to invest anymore because of the high risk of getting scammed.

Website            ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇ VELOX ◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆       ◆ ANN Thread
Whitepaper     The Future of Anonymous Trading      ◆ Twitter       
Discord             ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆       ◆ Telegram   
cryptopusa

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 11:57:05 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2018, 12:10:49 AM by cryptopusa

Totally agreed , these ICOs are slowly getting worthless because most of these projects are scams projects are being to obvious,most of it doesnt really needed some blockchain technology,which is why it would be much better if these SCAMS will be stopped,so that most of the new investors wont hesitate to invest into trading or mining.

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
████ █     CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY █ ████
TheClownSong

Activity: 1428
Merit: 251

solidtradebank.com | 5%-15% Welcome Bonus

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 12:10:15 AM

KYC need now for many bounty because many ICOs became scam project. I am still believe bounty is still needed because new ICO must be need promoted and bounty hunter help them to spread the word about their project

Qi.Blockchain|The only blockchain the
world will ever need
|Eco-friendly
Decentralized
Secure, Fast
|
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
|
katixrecamara

Activity: 85
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 12:24:01 AM

I think that the era of bounty is not over but it is just beginning. Only campaigns will be conducted not in the form in which they exist now. I think that all of us in the near future are waiting for change.

Yep! It should not be over, high potential can be offered by ICOs. But only ICOs that are legit with good prospect and good products.
I agree changes should be made to avoid getting scammed and hamper the development of this shitty ICOs.
It is very disappointing actually  to have joined and invested in these scam of ICOs.
Noobaru

Activity: 504
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 02:01:45 AM

I'm not in the whole bounty hunter game so long that I could give my objective opinion on the matter, but while reading about how things stand on this forum at the moment, I can agree with some of your statements. There are definitely way too much ICOs coming out everyday and that to be honest, aggravates me, because I can't keep up with them and I have a huge backlog that needs to be cleared soon. And those Telegram groups with more than 20k members are just stupid, I agree. They usually consist of only "Hi" messages and notifications of people joining and some admin activity from time to time. Pointless. But hey, keep at it, chin up, we will succeed. Market will recover and our hard work will be paid off. We need to stay positive.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■       SKYNET.co       ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
marginal

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 09:38:47 PM

Agree with a guys above, you are way to much negative, the situation is not so bad, we all believe, that the market will go up, and old times will be back again
koralan

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 09:42:40 PM

ICO projects will continue to be the growth engine of the cryptocurrency market as it helps diversify the market and new ideas are realized through successful ICO projects. Bounty campaigns will also exist with ICO projects and will not be lost. Within two years of entering the cryptocurrency market, ICO is the investment trend that I value most because it is sustainable and has real value for the starup that needs to invest.
vrabac68

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 09:58:24 PM

You are right but still there are couple of them that have utility token that will be used in daily life and one of the problem is bear market where we are now.Hope all will change next month.Once crypto goes up people will invest in ICOs
gerjiss

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:04:20 PM

I agree with you, really now bounty though becoming more popular, but their value for people who want to invest in ICO, or just to participate in the bounty becomes every day less.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
cryptotnak

Activity: 194

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:12:59 PM

I totally agreed,we shouldnt be supporting these ICOs anymore because most of these new projects came from scammers that is why it is risky to invest in ICOs than trading blindly because these scammers are working professionally and you cant find any holes from these campaigns,theres no assurance from the cryptocurrencies nowadays.

boyjackyou

Activity: 301
Merit: 11

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:17:13 PM

Agreed,ICOs nowadays are failing because most of the people are too scared to invest because of the potential scams in our community,most of these new campaigns are just created just to raise funds and will eventually will abandone most of the investors with nothing,that is why we should be enjoying the years of ICO's existence.

abake

Activity: 555
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:19:39 PM

I agreed with the author absolutely but the fact remains the market is bad rite now and not good time for ICOs and to that of bounty, it’s glaring if the ICO didn’t reach their hardcap, the bounty would be affected but everything will surely come back to normal once the market come back to normal. Thanks

[ IQ ]           cash            ▐               THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                          ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
komawei

Activity: 92

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 01:53:04 AM

It is undeniable that the main reason is that the market has been hit, leading to a fall in prices, and no one is willing to expand the scale of investment. They would rather change it into a stable dollar.
xiaoxz

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 02:01:14 AM

I've noticed quite some changes in ICOs and bounties:

- The whole market is flooded with BS projects
- There are way too many ICOs
- Teams are often fake
- Telegram groups of 25k people don't mean a thing
- Hardcaps aren't reached anymore.  Remember a few months ago when some ico's were sold out in minutes?  When does that still happen?  It doesn't... the contrary is happening: icos last for months and months
- Bounties: they sell them by their hardcap number at the price of the last stage.  For example: 4 million USD bounty!  That is IF all 400.000.000 tokens are sold AND you could sell them at the last price of 0.1$ which you never will.
- Bounties/caps are often calculated in eth and for some reason ico-people still think 1 eth is 1000$.  Wake up and smell the news!  1 eth is less than half of that!
- Nobody is buying tokens anymore
- They lie about how many tokens are sold
- Private investors... don't make me laugh.  There are no private investors....  If there were, they would be bragging about which ones which they don't.  ALL lies and more lies.

EDIT: (since most posters only read the OP):  That's why:

- Every ICO team member should do a mandatory KYC so everybody can find these people when the shit hits the fan.
- Vitaliks DAICO idea with escrowed funds that are released when certain goals on the roadmap are met.
- Pay bounties in eth/btc/fiat and not in tokens
- Team tokens should be locked for a year (a lot do this already).
- Delete Telegram as a whole  Grin (no j/k I don't like chat groups of 50k people, they are useless)

EDIT2:

I invested in a lot of ico's last summer.  Most of them made profits, sometimes huge profits.  When the market turned red, I stopped investing money and started investing time.  I turned to bounty hunting (mostly translation jobs, some sig).  By doing that I read a lot of WP, did a lot of research on teams and websites and then it started to occur to me that there are A LOT of fake teams, fake linkedins, vaporware products that only consist of marketing. 

I always wonder: how is it possible that if they present you a team of so called experts with years of relevant experience in IT, financial industry, marketing, etc that in most cases these people are nowhere to be found prior to the ico?  You google them: nothing, you search for their pictures: nothing, you google the companies they so called worked for: you can't find them (you can find the companies but you can't find evidence that they worked there).  There are only a few ico's that I participated in (with a bounty) that were 100% transparant, where you could actually find the people aboard.  Neufund was one of them.  Most of the times those icos are the ones with hardly any bonuses, no pre-sales, no months long ico's, no facebook and telegram lemmings who try to shill a product and team they don't know.

You are too powerful, I admire you for doing so much analysis, and you read so many whitepapers, so your point of view is very useful.
I don't know if you have your own telegram channel, I would love to join.
Thanks.
frroody

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 02:23:06 AM

Well, then that the era is over, do not agree. But the fact that it's harder to earn now is a fact. We just need other methods of attracting people, which will be safer and more difficult to forge fraudsters.
otreza

Activity: 350
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 07:01:53 AM

Fakes, Frauds, Scammers - these are the new ICO realities. And that is very sad. It was an interesting thing.

Forex & crypto in Iran
  ✦✦✦✦✦  ☸ SECURE - FAST  ☸  ✦✦✦✦✦ 
matico

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 08:58:00 AM

I think we should not become paranoia, the ICO  especially exceptional crowd funding system have not even started, we are yet to even scratch the suface of this totally new and effective way of raising fund! We should also not be to hard on the operators of ICO! We should remember that this is pretty new and it 's evolving. When it's mature, all these little hicup would be no more!

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: