Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:56:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2018-04-10] Golem Arrives: One of Ethereum's Most Ambitious App Is Finally Live  (Read 64 times)
Greenkarki (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 19

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 08:04:05 PM

Golem Arrives: One of Ethereum's Most Ambitious Apps Is Finally Live

https://www.coindesk.com/golem-arrives-one-ethereums-ambitious-apps-finally-live/

Wouldn't it be nice to make some extra cash while browsing social media?

That's the promise of Golem, a peer-to-peer market for putting your computer's excess CPU power to use for other people. And today, after three years and 14 software implementations later, it's going live on the ethereum blockchain.

The project, which sold out of its GNT token in 20 minutes, raising 820,000 ETH - around $340 million, according to current metrics - in 2016 by selling its crypto utility tokens to investors will likely see a significant amount of fanfare since Golem was one of the earliest generations of ethereum applications.

But it has also received some amount of criticism for its failure to turn around a product relatively quickly.

"This is typical for software development in general, and blockchain in particular, we underestimate the complexity of what we want to do," Julian Zawistowski, CEO and founder of Golem, told CoinDesk. "You always underestimate how difficult it is, and this was obviously the case with us."

That said, even though the project is still far from its goal of building a worldwide supercomputer, the mainnet launch is an important step forward in proving out its underlying architecture and ethereum itself.

So ETH is going to have threefold value this year?

liseff3

Activity: 532
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 01:02:01 AM

I hope this project can flourish and running as closely as possible as many investors were expecting. That way we can be sure the value of Ethereum will be even better and away from the critical condition.

So ETH is going to have threefold value this year?

Yes, I believe, and I have seen the growth signal from Ethereum.
Today's price of ethereum is $ 417.73.
tonylewisverdu

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 01:21:24 AM

a lot of investor waited for this moment.. congratulations for the golem team
davis196

Activity: 2982
Merit: 914

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 07:01:06 AM

Perhaps this post should be moved to the "Alternate cryptocurrencies" forum board.
Anyway,340 million USD in funding is an insane number.I will try this app,but i don`t have so much CPU power.
I believe that this project won`t boost the ethereum price in the long run,because the global supply of ethereum isn`t limited.Good luck to the Golem developement team and all the future users of this app.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: