Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:37:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is your favorite/greatest mining moment?  (Read 353 times)
adaseb (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1709

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 08:48:36 PM

Well it seems again that  mining is entering the territory of where mining profits = electricity cost

It's been a great 2 years of mining.

What is your greatest mining moment ? It can be when you started mining recently or when you CPU mined BTC with your Celeron processor back in 2010.

Mine would most likely be the launch of ZCash back in Nov 2016.

The ZCash launch was like no other. It's was a highly anticipated launch with a lot of interest and attention. There was even  a bunch of cloud mining companies go online just to provide ZCash cloud mining.

There were many GPUs miners which ran like crap. Genoil miner was famous for running 5 minutes and then crashing. We had to put it into a restart loop. Basically run 5 minutes and automatically restart which it would most likely crash. Claymore miner wasn't out yet.

The moment of launch was huge. Supernova pool and others were online. However most of the other pools had problems with payouts.

When it was finally listed on Poloniex price was a staggering $10,000 per coin. And as soon as the deposits were confirming the rush set in. To mine as many coins and possible and sell at 10BTC/ZEC.

Fortunately i started late but in that day I managed to ROI a GPU or two. The people who had more hashpower and managed to get the first deposits on Poloniex most likely ROI'd an entire rig.

Those were fun times and no sleep in Nov 2016. Because the miners were buggy and there were daily software upgrades that you had to take advantage of to get an edge. Profitability wise it was similiar to Jan 2018, but that first day of launch was simply crazy.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
maXonja

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 10:16:56 PM

Believe it or not, greatest mining moment for me is Monero and other cryptonight coins forking to cryptonight V7 and ".|." message to shitmain
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 10:26:06 PM

Oh yeah, remembered those, I'd just started mining at that moment then zec came out, mined it a few months with very nice profits, your eyes are always on your rigs as anytime it would crash..lol  Cheesy then there were times on forum calling out people to hold their zec coins due to significant price drops  Cheesy hahaha
lunobird

Activity: 846
Merit: 115

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 10:29:38 PM

Mining signatum and dumped my shit bags at the all time high at 14 cents to the unfortunate noobs that got hyped up over signatum.  Smiley
And laughing as it goes to zero.

I still got half of my bags left in case it ever revives

Also mining chaincoin at 6-10 cents and watching it go towards $6.  I unfortunetly held most of it Sad

Thats shitcoins for ya.
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1031

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 11:24:44 PM

My favorite moment so far was when I actually followed though on selling some of the coins I mined in order to pay for expenses such as internet and electricity.  My wife nagging finally made me do it... You know what they say, "happy wife -- happy life"  lol

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
yobigd20

Activity: 170
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 12:22:22 AM

Mining over 300k of ETN at launch time and then dumping it quickly when it first hit exchange while everyone else was trying to figure out wtf a cmd line wallet was.
DevelopmentBank

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 12:47:54 AM

Great topic here. Wasn't as fortunate as some of you to experience massive gains (was ZEC really valued at $10k USD? Damn.) but i was very happy with selling half of all the ETH i mined at $1250. It didn't completely pay for my rigs but it got me comfortable enough with the remaining risk. I'm now happily mining with no intention of adding more rigs but am still earning a good amount to hold for when ETH goes POS.
shibob

Activity: 672
Merit: 154

Blockchain Evangelist.

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 02:33:49 AM

My greatest mining moment is last September. At that time, I thought I have been mining ETH for a while, so I should try something different, and I spent almost 3 days to search for at least 2 other altcoins to mine for 2 weeks. And luckily I picked the right coins: Feather coin - an old man in crypto, and XZC, both of these 2 coins have very low difficulty that time. I just mined them in 2 weeks (maybe 16 days) but the profit's quite a lot compared to mine ETH. Also, last september, my favorite Burst coin returned from death.
Geraldo

Activity: 588
Merit: 272

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 04:43:11 AM

My best mining moment may December of 2014, mine XPY (Paycoin). In Miningrigrentals, NiceHash, WestHash, SHA 256 Algo full of rented. Renting price rises to 500%, may more.

My first one hour, I spend 0.17 BTC (for renting hashes), one hour after, I got almost 2 BTC. Short story, in that two weeks my total profit around $ 30,000.

Maybe someone still remembers this moment? GAWMiner?  Cheesy

Other best moment, when I'm using Antminer S1 on BTCGuild.

Oh yeah...also zcash moment, I started mine from test-net (using my VPS), damn. I have been ready when genesis block launched. (I started from zero)
ivakar

Activity: 756
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 04:50:52 AM

My greatest moment was about two or three month ago, when I mined with my amd rig IPBC coin in a launch date and mined about 90k of coins.  then in a month I saw it on exchange ant he price was more then 1k satoshi, I sold 30% of my holdings, and then the price humped 4x times )))  I sold all! so one day of mining give me the very good profit!
Turkish88

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 05:13:42 AM

My favorite moment so far was when I actually followed though on selling some of the coins I mined in order to pay for expenses such as internet and electricity.  My wife nagging finally made me do it... You know what they say, "happy wife -- happy life"  lol
I think it also will be my moment, but i miss
Difficulty not be recalculated quickly when algo changed to V7

Help to Ukrainian citizens
ETH donations adress - 0xe23CB47AC32F0b8750d4D0Dd4e160Fa6F8fF30EF
Cryptoipad

Activity: 260
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 06:39:03 AM

I think great moment of mining discussion on process.The best moment in life was also the worst moment in life The day i met her.it filled me with happiness and took my soul away. I will never be the same favourite mining system.there is no point to mining bitcoin. At least if you are trying to make a living off it. However. If you still want to mine a crypto currency or even learn a bit more of the subject, there is hope for you the great think of mining business.the mining units, which turn out to be a good profitable source. Bitcoin is still profitable for those who have very less price for the greatet value mining process.
sigtmerchant

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 07:41:39 AM

Mining signatum and dumped my shit bags at the all time high at 14 cents to the unfortunate noobs that got hyped up over signatum.  Smiley
And laughing as it goes to zero.

I still got half of my bags left in case it ever revives

Also mining chaincoin at 6-10 cents and watching it go towards $6.  I unfortunetly held most of it Sad

Thats shitcoins for ya.

I'll second you on SIGT. I mined and traded it when it was climbing up while watching Discord channel hysteria. Sold everything @ 4800+ and couldn't be happier Smiley

Katimand

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 07:50:38 AM

Believe it or not, greatest mining moment for me is Monero and other cryptonight coins forking to cryptonight V7 and ".|." message to shitmain

I had the similar moment. The profit just lasted two days though.
Piskeante

Activity: 924
Merit: 15

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 08:30:06 AM

my favorite moment is why two different rigs, plugged to two different wall connectors just freeze one after the other with no link between them.

BTC no more than 6k by end of 2019. ETH no more than 300$ by end 2019. Huge market manipulation, huge amount of scammers and hypers.
un4given

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 11:47:26 AM

lots of memorable moments...mining Bitcoin with my dual core desktop PC i used during university times  Grin

but most memorable from most recent time was when my surveillance cams went down in the location my rigs are working and 5 mins after it all my farms went down. first thought - burglary

it was half past 11 in the evening on friday. called uber. took my baseball bat. took my brother in law. he took his bat. you should have seen the face of the uber driver as he saw us. 2 angry guys with baseball bats on back seat....

came to the location to find out that my ISP was having fun with its network... Undecided
sigtmerchant

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 04:45:07 PM

lots of memorable moments...mining Bitcoin with my dual core desktop PC i used during university times  Grin

but most memorable from most recent time was when my surveillance cams went down in the location my rigs are working and 5 mins after it all my farms went down. first thought - burglary

it was half past 11 in the evening on friday. called uber. took my baseball bat. took my brother in law. he took his bat. you should have seen the face of the uber driver as he saw us. 2 angry guys with baseball bats on back seat....

came to the location to find out that my ISP was having fun with its network... Undecided

That's quite a story mate. I guess I would have the same thought exactly if this would happen to me Smiley

bobo012

Activity: 714
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 05:01:15 PM

Mine is the same as yours. Zcash mining. I mined for like two hours with a few processors and sold it for 0.2 btc hahah.
That was a good afternoon. Shame now it almost not worth to mine anything...
Prelude
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 05:01:53 PM

Definitely the Zcash launch. Made 5 BTC in 2 hours of mining at launch with the ridiculous prices on exchanges. Good trimes!
lanciaominer

Activity: 46

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 06:16:28 PM

mine was joining together with a friend to mine on ethpool just before the byzantium fork and we got pretty lucky completing our block reward and hit an uncle block.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: