Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 10:56:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase "High Risk" Transactions and 4 Business Days More Than 4 Business Days  (Read 751 times)
astralhash (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 04:48:08 AM

I am just wondering what exactly coinbase considers "high risk". I bought a few BTC at $270 on this most recent dip and they are not scheduled to come until 4 business days, which apparently is on November 18 (Huh?). I am wondering if bitcoin is soaring in 2 weeks will they still allow my transactions to go through?
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 04:54:20 AM

I have never felt comfortable using Coinbase for the reason you mention. They screw far too many people on this "high risk" policy that is quite opaque in nature. I don't recommend them to anybody, and I also don't recommend that people store coins there, since they are a 3rd party hosted wallet.
astralhash (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 04:55:02 AM

Unfortunately this is the easiest and best way I know of to easily get USD to BTC. Know of something better?
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 05:00:14 AM

Unfortunately this is the easiest and best way I know of to easily get USD to BTC. Know of something better?
I'm probably not the best person to ask, as I don't much put dollars into buying coins anymore. In the past, I've made P2P trades in the currency exchange subforum. I'd prefer to do things P2P, in person, etc. I don't like dealing with exchanges, so when I do, it's just to send them coins, sell them, hold fiat for a while, and buy coins to send out again.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: