Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:36:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what is the relation between btc and other alt ?  (Read 252 times)
iillaa (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 5

A MAN SEEKING FOR KNOWLEDGE

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 11:15:26 PM

The post 2013 period makes this question a little muddier than it should be. In 2015/16 alts were on incredible runs while Bitcoin effectively did zilch.

Because of that it's hard to say there's a definitive link. Obviously the monster Bitcoin pump last year trickled down into everything else, but from here Bitcoin may take some rest and alts may pump again.

I can't imagine traders are going to sit back and let nothing happen. The appetite for action is there and it may transfer to alts for a bit.

On top of that there's a ton of coins that are still ridiculously overvalued and absolutely worthless but I'm no longer sure whether anyone cares about that any more.

With more direct dollar pairings and plenty of people who've never touched BTC I can imagine the link getting weaker but they're both subject to the same overall sentiment.

Summary - I ain't got a clue no more.

i agree with you bro  after a bit of thinking and reviewing some old chart in CMC  i think  btc wont just pop up from down trend to up trend so quickly  we may see a side trend for a bit of time  and  that mean stable price of btc   ..and like you said its no fun to  just see btc doing nothing xd so traders and investors will search for new alt coins  that may give some profit 

and  btw  yes  no one have a clue tbh  lot of people publish charts on trading view  but most of them are just expressing what they wish to happen on the chart and using the TA tools subjectively and not objectively 

well better just watch and see what will happen  after all i can afford to lose my asset so no harm

Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 06:43:56 PM

This is one of my favorite pictures:

You can see how altcoins just underperform against Bitcoin long term. Very few coins are going to have a sustained gain on a long enough timeframe. If you find good gains with an alt, just sell it for Bitcoin while you can, that's the whole point of altcoins, or else you will eventually see the orange graph go above the green graph.
weav

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

- "Bitcore (BTX) - Airdrops every Monday"

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 07:14:48 PM

The post 2013 period makes this question a little muddier than it should be. In 2015/16 alts were on incredible runs while Bitcoin effectively did zilch.

Because of that it's hard to say there's a definitive link. Obviously the monster Bitcoin pump last year trickled down into everything else, but from here Bitcoin may take some rest and alts may pump again.

I can't imagine traders are going to sit back and let nothing happen. The appetite for action is there and it may transfer to alts for a bit.

On top of that there's a ton of coins that are still ridiculously overvalued and absolutely worthless but I'm no longer sure whether anyone cares about that any more.

With more direct dollar pairings and plenty of people who've never touched BTC I can imagine the link getting weaker but they're both subject to the same overall sentiment.

Summary - I ain't got a clue no more.

i agree with you bro  after a bit of thinking and reviewing some old chart in CMC  i think  btc wont just pop up from down trend to up trend so quickly  we may see a side trend for a bit of time  and  that mean stable price of btc   ..and like you said its no fun to  just see btc doing nothing xd so traders and investors will search for new alt coins  that may give some profit 

and  btw  yes  no one have a clue tbh  lot of people publish charts on trading view  but most of them are just expressing what they wish to happen on the chart and using the TA tools subjectively and not objectively 

well better just watch and see what will happen  after all i can afford to lose my asset so no harm
I think you are right and that it may take longer then people think before the market rises again. Just make sure you can lose what you have and you can easily wait this out.

deepcoreotc

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 07:33:59 PM

Bitcoin is the king - if Bitcoin's price goes down - all altcoins go down. If it goes up - all altcoins go up as they are tied to BTC's price.
iillaa (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 5

A MAN SEEKING FOR KNOWLEDGE

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 08:37:40 PM

This is one of my favorite pictures:

You can see how altcoins just underperform against Bitcoin long term. Very few coins are going to have a sustained gain on a long enough timeframe. If you find good gains with an alt, just sell it for Bitcoin while you can, that's the whole point of altcoins, or else you will eventually see the orange graph go above the green graph.

i saw that picture it was mentioned on a topic that talk about why most ico and token will fail  and he added that pict to make comparison   between btc and other alts  .

talking about profits ,  market is bullish rn  and some alt goes up while other  goes down   and some  stayed the same   which is  interesting  ....   i dont know if it is just a

bulish trap before another dip market or  we may really see a good market next weeks     so  what are your thoughts on that ??

Cheesy
Bagaji

Activity: 1330
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2018, 03:05:19 AM
Last edit: April 14, 2018, 08:54:30 PM by Bagaji

There is a strong relationship between Bitcoin and other alternative crypto currency which could be discribe in the following manner. When Bitcoin value appreciate since it happen to be the market mover in the crypto currency community all other altcoins turn positive or appreciate in value.
roxbit

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 01:07:37 PM

There is a strong relationship between Bitcoin and other alternative crypto currency which could be discribe in the following manner. When Bitcoin value appreciate since it happen to be the market mover in the crypto currency community all other altcoins turn positive or appreciate in value.

Bitcoin and altcoins are directly connected and basically have a strong relation to each other. We all know bitcoin is the mother of all coins. Different altcoins whatever you call them have one common denominator and that is the bitcoin. They follow the footsteps of bitcoin, although is it true that its value is unstable and keeps on changing from time to time. Still, they cannot be separated and just go along altogether and that's the beauty of cryptocurrency.
Tigerw

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 06:45:20 PM

Bitcoin and altcoins are directly connected and basically have a strong relation to each other. We all know bitcoin is the mother of all coins. Different altcoins whatever you call them have one common denominator and that is the bitcoin. They follow the footsteps of bitcoin, although is it true that its value is unstable and keeps on changing from time to time. Still, they cannot be separated and just go along altogether and that's the beauty of cryptocurrency.
I think that only Bitcoin twins have something in common with Bitcoin. Of course, you can compare both Bitcoin cache and Bitcoin Block, but also other Coins, which are created by another protocol, have practically nothing to do with this coin.
GoldenLad

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 06:54:59 PM

I personally noticed that when the price of bitcoin goes up, almost all the price of other cryptocurrencies goes up too.  It seems uncertain to figure out why it seems so, but I guess it's because Ethereum is pushed by bitcoin and Ethereum are being used to purchase those coins (just a layman understanding and thoughs thoughts.) As for moving your portfolio,  I suggest  you should slip it and use some to purchase bitcoin and ethereum and still have the other coin.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: