Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:38:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Super Hot Wallet Setup  (Read 882 times)
RandomQ (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 05:05:34 AM

I want to create a "Super Hot Wallet" that will do the following, and I wanted to get some input and see if what others think about it.
Going to use bitcoind and a cron job to sweep the wallet every 30 mins or so
The reason to use this "Super Hot wallet" is in case of stalled transactions that could get stuck and takes over 24hrs to complete.
Its going to sweep to two address, one Cold Storage and one warm storage.
The warm storage Address it sweeps to has to be changed every 24hrs or so, the cold storage won't change.

Any comments , concerns , Your stupid statements are welcome  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4616

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 05:26:06 PM

I want to create a "Super Hot Wallet" that will do the following, and I wanted to get some input and see if what others think about it.
The reason to use this "Super Hot wallet" is in case of stalled transactions that could get stuck and takes over 24hrs to complete.
The warm storage Address it sweeps to has to be changed every 24hrs or so, the cold storage won't change.

I don't understand the purpose of the "super hot wallet" and how it is different from the "warm wallet".

Why would transactions "stall" or "get stuck"?

How would the "super hot wallet" solve the problem of "stalled" or "stuck" transactions (whatever that means)?
RandomQ (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 06:01:48 PM

I don't understand the purpose of the "super hot wallet" and how it is different from the "warm wallet".

How would the "super hot wallet" solve the problem of "stalled" or "stuck" transactions (whatever that means)?

My "warm wallet" is an deposit address that changes every 24hrs, so if a transaction that gets stalled over 24hrs it won't get deposited and will be lost because the deposit address expires.

Customer-------> Super Hot Wallet---------->Warm Wallet
                             static Address                  changes every 24 hrs

Transactions sent without fees has been known to get stuck over 24hrs

DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4616

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 06:07:51 PM

My "warm wallet" is an deposit address that changes every 24hrs, so if a transaction that gets stalled over 24hrs it won't get deposited and will be lost because the deposit address expires.

Customer-------> Super Hot Wallet---------->Warm Wallet
                             static Address                  changes every 24 hrs

Transactions sent without fees has been known to get stuck over 24hrs

Static address?

You should be using a new address for every transaction.

Warm wallet changes every 24 hours?

What happens to the address after 24 hours?  Do you delete the private key?  What happens to the funds that were sent there?

I just don't understand what you are trying to accomplish.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: