Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:21:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A PROPOSAL TO AVOID OR MINIMIZE SCAM PROJECTS AND BOUNTIES  (Read 86 times)
DarkBullet (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 55

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 12:29:35 AM

I am not exactly sure if this will work or it was already raised here but I strongly believe that it will help each and everyone specially, to the forum. Shady and scam project on bitcointalk.org are circulating here everyday. Different types of ICO and bounties are offered without legal documents which end up scamming an investors and the blame is on bounty hunters / managers (maybe or most of the time).

For me, bitcointalk.org takes a big potion of where ICOs are getting started and where they can get thousands of freelancers to endorse their platform. The government is also keeping an eye on these shady projects and trying to protect the investors from those scammers. Facebook, twitter and google seems like trying to avoid pointing fingers from those victim (investors) since we all know that social medias / search engines are the best medium to endorse a project.

ESCROW is the best way to protect your investment and the investors. I am ready for everybody's expressions, point of view and I know that someone or maybe mostly might disagree with this but here is my proposal.

What if Bitcointalk.org start to be an organization where they strictly regulating these ICO before it gets endorse here? It would be better if these ICOs should submit KYC on a team members, must have a supporting documents that is approved by the government and a project must be backed by an ESCROW or a DAICO compliant.

It also would be better if these ICOs will donate part of their tokens/coins first in this forum as their entrance fee (This part sounds unnecessary but will be a big help to support the forum for their work to check those documents)

To minimize these stressful or labor-intensive work, why don't we start building a team or a group of bounty managers that are designated to check those documents? Like, these bounty managers are promoted as staff of the forum or maybe a certified trusted managers that have a license to promote an ICO (it would be nice if these BM have a special tag on their name as "Certified BM")

I know that this forum is not created to focus and promote those ICOs but these scam projects are pretty alarming don't they? Just like in cryptocurrency, it must be properly regulated for it to evolve so why don't we try to start it here since this forum was created by the father of Bitcoin which is the king of cryptocurrency?

Throw me your opinion, expressions and negative or positive feedback with my nonsense. Bring it on!  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BTCforJoe

Activity: 882
Merit: 976

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 12:57:53 AM

I think your suggestion goes against the very nature of having an open forum to discuss bitcoin and cryptocurrencies. What you’re proposing is essentially centralizing the method of filtering which projects are allowed and which aren’t, which leaves the discretion of new announcements and content up to staff members or moderators. This leaves a lot of room for personal opinions, and I’d hate to see a great project not get a fair shot because their reach on the forums may been limited due to bad blood between the campaign manager and a staff member, for example. Or the contrary; what if another BitConnect scenario happens, and it gets approved to be here and ends up running off with everyone’s money in the end. Who will be liable?

I don’t think it’s fair to leave the responsibility with the staff members. Not just for everyone else, but for them, as well. If I were staff, I would not want any liability whatsoever when it comes to ICO’s and new altcoins... I think the best method is the way that it currently is: allow each individual user to do their due diligence before they make a conscious decision to invest in the coin or join a bounty campaign.

Not to mention the amount of time it would take to filter through those applications... lol. I believe in Darwinism. Let the suckers either learn from stupid mistakes or filter themselves out of existence.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: