Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 07:30:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help solo mine blockerupter  (Read 1874 times)
izzotheschizo (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Mentally ill computer nerd trying to come up.

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 06:07:24 AM

I read the guides, tried different things.  I just cant figure it out.

I have one blockerupter that I just bought and want to solo mine with just because.

Bitcoin is the opportunity of a lifetime. http://youtu.be/n7m4JSDkIp4
collingiusti

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 06:15:06 AM

I have one blockerupter that I just bought and want to solo mine with just because.
All I'm going to say is a waste of time. 25000 days to discover a block
izzotheschizo (OP)

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 06:20:25 AM

I heard its supposed to be like the lottery?

collingiusti

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 06:21:19 AM

Mine with bitminter. Easy set up and use.
collingiusti

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 06:36:47 AM

I heard its supposed to be like the lottery?
In a sense but your chances of winning tho lotto is 1000000 times better then mining 25 bitcoins, mining at that speed.
1 block=25 coins
izzotheschizo (OP)

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 04:21:56 PM

I already bought and it only would cost 1 cent a day to run it.

blub

Activity: 88

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 04:38:16 PM

In a sense but your chances of winning tho lotto is 1000000 times better then mining 25 bitcoins, mining at that speed.
1 block=25 coins

Just no.. definetely not, for german "Bayernlose", the chance of winning 5000€(about 1Block worth) is 1/600.000, for costs of 1€,
for solomining with an already bought Block eruptor, the chance of finding a block now is 1/83.000 a day, for 1 cents of costs per day. So a lot better than lottery. This changes when pricing in the Block eruptor, but, there are other reasenso to buy them (I use them as coffe warmer)

izzotheschizo (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 05:02:47 AM

thank you Bulb.  I figured as much. so according to the numbers provided by you I have a thousand times better chance.  not only that, but I'll never have to check on it, not like the stupid lotto where you have to check every ticket everyday.  Its safer too, once its setup everything is automatic, no stupid tickets to lose.

collingiusti, I appreciate your suggestion to mine with bitminter.  its a good idea, there's just one problem.  As far as I can tell bitminter doesn't have an option to mine solo.

look I already bought $500 worth of bitcoins for the month.  For a total of 1.5 btc.  I believe I invested in the opportunity of a lifetime.  Can you blame me for dreaming of solving/winning/finding a block of 25 btc?

collingiusti

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 05:20:35 AM

thank you Bulb.  I figured as much. so according to the numbers provided by you I have a thousand times better chance.  not only that, but I'll never have to check on it, not like the stupid lotto where you have to check every ticket everyday.  Its safer too, once its setup everything is automatic, no stupid tickets to lose.

collingiusti, I appreciate your suggestion to mine with bitminter.  its a good idea, there's just one problem.  As far as I can tell bitminter doesn't have an option to mine solo.

look I already bought $500 worth of bitcoins for the month.  For a total of 1.5 btc.  I believe I invested in the opportunity of a lifetime.  Can you blame me for dreaming of solving/winning/finding a block of 25 btc?

mining cal says
"Average generation time for a block (solo) 207 years, 35 days (can vary greatly depending on your luck)" yes it can very greatly BUT even 5% of that is over 10 YEARS!!
collingiusti

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 05:30:41 AM

mining cal says
"Average generation time for a block (solo) 207 years, 35 days (can vary greatly depending on your luck)" yes it can very greatly BUT even 5% of that is over 10 YEARS!!
and thats if the difficulty does not increase. which it well. by the time you get a block it well be generating 0 BTC
frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 07:31:29 AM

All I'm going to say is a waste of time. 25000 days to discover a block

Here's a grand Screw you back - maybe he wants to play the lottery and get a chance to make 25+ BTC Let him have his fun don't naysay.

To start:

Yes, I know the odds of finding a block solo with 5 USB Erupters is definately not in my favour.

No, I will not buy a lottery ticket instead.

This is for fun, not a quick profit.

Well, now that is out of the way I decided to go ahead and get some of my USB Erupters solo mining and after reading a heap of threads asking how to do it, and most going no where I thought I would write up a basic 'guide'

What you need for my guide:

• cgminer http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/ I am using version 3.6.4
  • I am using Windows 7 on this machine
  • Bitcoin-QT with the blockchain up to date - I would recommend just letting Bitcoin-QT catchup instead of the torrent available
  • Zadig Utility for Windows http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/zadig/
  • Powered USB Hubs, or onboard USB ports that can pump out 500mA at 5VDC per port (2.5W) - leave at least 500mA of headroom with hub PSUs

Step 1 - Getting things ready

Make sure Bitcoin-QT is caught up to the network - you will have a green tick on the bottom right of the GUI when it is.

Download and run the Zadig Utility. Select your Erupters and install the 'WinUSB' driver. The Erupters should show up as CP2102 USB to UART Bridge Controller, if you don't see them click 'List All Devices' under the 'Options' menu).

Download and extract cgminer onto your computer.

Step 2 - Setting Bitcoin-QT as a server

Create a new txt document and enter the following into it:
Code:
daemon=1
server=1
gen=0
rpcuser=USERNAME
rpcpassword=PASSWORD
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=8332
Change the text USERNAME to your desired miner username and PASSWORD to your desired miner password.

'File' > 'Save As...' this file as 'Bitcoin.conf' with the file type 'All Files *.*' to the folder where Bitcoin-QT.exe executable file is:

Code:
c:\users\user\Appdata\Roaming\Bitcoin

Next make sure Bitcoin-QT is NOT running.

Now browse in explorer to where Bitcoin-QT.exe is and hold the shift button on your keyboard and right click on an empty part of the window. Select 'Open Command Window here' from the drop down.

This will open a CMD window already pointing to the Bitcoin folder.

Type
Code:
bitcoin-qt.exe -server

This turns your Bitcoin-QT into a mining server.

Step 3 - cgminer setup

Browse to where you extracted cgminer previously and hold the shift button on your keyboard and right click on an empty part of the window. Select 'Open Command Window here' from the drop down.

Now type in the following:
Code:
cgminer.exe -o 127.0.0.1:8332 -u USERNAME -p PASSWORD -G

And there you go! Now sit back, relax, go get a drink, go to college, get a job, meet a special person, live your life to its fullest and occasionally check how cgminer is going Tongue

FWIW, use this same guide on any other Alt-Coin QT as well, something like TEKcoin, or PPC coin maybe?

izzotheschizo (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 06:46:28 PM

its working now, demondude, told me how to setup bfl miner with a bat file.  Its all in the thread you just qouted.

izzotheschizo (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 06:53:02 PM
Last edit: November 11, 2013, 07:20:27 PM by izzotheschizo

collingiusti you are such a newb, according to your profile you haven't even been here for two weeks.  I have been here for a year.

lol did you really just qoute your own post ten minutes after making it?

collingiustu "25000 days to discover a block"

You are clearly unknowing as to how this all works.

I can't believe I was able to troll bate you.

don't worry one day you might figure this all out.  but by the why you argue against all the outspoken members members of this forum, maybe it might take you 25000 days to get it.

by then the rest of us here will all be millionaires,  and you'll just be kicking yourself.

collingiusti

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 11:34:50 PM

collingiusti you are such a newb, according to your profile you haven't even been here for two weeks.  I have been here for a year.

lol did you really just qoute your own post ten minutes after making it?

collingiustu "25000 days to discover a block"

You are clearly unknowing as to how this all works.

I can't believe I was able to troll bate you.

don't worry one day you might figure this all out.  but by the why you argue against all the outspoken members members of this forum, maybe it might take you 25000 days to get it.

by then the rest of us here will all be millionaires,  and you'll just be kicking yourself.

Yes masta, yes!
asc366

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 02:30:34 PM

1 block=25 coins

Keep in mind that we won't have that much BTC as a reward that long (compared to the days needed with a single erupter :-)
izzotheschizo (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 03:52:53 PM

If I can keep it running for 100 days i'll be happy. I'll still have ten thousand better odds than playing the lottery.  also the value of bitcoin appears to be going up way faster than the reward is going done.  simple math.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: