Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 02:32:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: To all you AMD mining rig owners..I solute you!  (Read 686 times)
deskless

Activity: 279
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 06:33:11 PM

I have 3 rigs with all AMD running ethos. The system was much stable before latest update. With the 1.3.1 I have been seeing problems. Recently I purchased a switch that I can reset from my iphone. So I am hoping with that I should be able to restart the rig anytime.
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
frowsiter

Activity: 714
Merit: 261

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 06:42:00 PM

So  I had a mixed rig (5 560's, 2 580's and 4 1080's and 1 1060) rig which it didn't give me much problems (with the exception of me only running Phoenix miner / that Zechash one)...I also have 3 Vega 64's which I was running it on it's own because I didn't have enough power to combine them (no big deal)....today, I decided to remove my Nvidia cards and put all AMD's together...this is when hell break loose!!!!  At first, window keeps crashing on me so I was able to get it stablzed @ 8 gpu (instead of 10).  No big deal, but then trying to get it to run sgminer and the damn thing just won't stop crashing (kept saying my GPU is sick)....after 5 hours or messing with it..I had enough!

I don't know how you guys do it...but you guys deserve a holiday just for putting up with this crap....all my nvidia cards....ZERO problem.   AMD...nothing but problem!

anyway, just needed to vent a little..

So you are already tired with the set up man? Off course you have not seen the more complex world when it comes down to the 13-15 GPU based rig and putting all together running even though its above the tolerance level of your CPU. Well, these crashes can be avoided with heavy RAM's and SSD memories. I mean that the vital part of it. If you are getting crashes then I would suggest you that you use linux OS for better stability. You can get more stability with the ethOS, which is specially designed to carry your shit load man!  No big deal though as it was your first attempt. You have to see many stuff around yet.
Ale-x1

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 06:43:11 PM

I have nvidia and amd rigs, rx 570, 580 and 1070, 1070ti
All rigs on windows 10 - no problem. Also I have 3 mixed rigs 6 AMD + 6 nVidia - rock solid.

So maybe it doesn't depend on GPU brand?  Wink

dhouse

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 06:58:10 PM

My 580 rig is solid, just keeps truckin
tschrock

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 07:36:14 PM

Same issues here.  After moving to 1.3.1 EthOS my local config files for power management stopped working.  My cards all juiced up to 7 for power and they are crashing now.  Rock solid and stable with 1.3.0.  I am probably going to go back because this is a joke.

No issues with NVIDIA cards.  Only AMD cards.
deskless

Activity: 279
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 07:52:28 PM

I will try to go back to 1.2.9. My 10 cards rig was stable for 3 weeks before I switched off and updated to 1.3.1
tg88
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 1405

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 12:56:24 AM

After I updated the driver for the adrenaline version everything was super stable.

I use windows 10.

▄██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀░
███████████▀▄░█
██████████░███░
███████▀▀░▀▀█▀▀
█████▀░░░░░░░▀▄
█████░░░░░░░░░█
█████▄░░░░░░░▄▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄███
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄██████████████
███████████████
████████████▀██
█████████▀▀░░░▀
████████░░░░░░░
██████░░░░░░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░
██████▄░░░░▄▄▄░
█████████▀▀░░░▀
████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄██████████████
███████████████
██████████▀▀▀▀▀
███████▀░▀█▄░░░
██████░░░░░█▄░▄
█████░░▄▄▄▄▄██▀
█████▀▀▀░░░░▄█▄
█████░░░▄▄█▀▀░█
██████▄█▀▀░░░░▀
███████▄▄░░░░░░
██████████▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
█████████████░████████████
████████████▀▄████████████
█████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████
████░░░██░██░░░░█░░░░░████
████░░░▄▄▀▄▄░░▀▀▄▀▀░░░████
████▄░░▀▀░▀▀░░░░▀░░░░▄████
█████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█████
▀████████████████████████▀
duhjeff (OP)

Activity: 106

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 01:29:38 AM

here’s the funny part of this story...I unplugged all my amd cards and put 4 1080, 7 1060s just now.  Everything starts right now and zero problems.

I’m gonna call amd pms’ing cards from now on
dohfish

Activity: 65

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 01:38:23 AM

No experience with NVIDIA, but I have 10 rigs with 12 AMD cards on each, 9 is built on RX570, last on RX580.

I have not restarted a single one of them since January 11th, which was actually a single one, the others have been running since 1st of december..

Windows 10, havent touched them since, never had any real issues.

Win installed, driver installed, compute mode, tested clocks and then they have basically just been running since with the occasional software restart.
Apneal

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 02:29:06 AM

I have 3  8x RX 580 rigs, 2 of them have been mining ~4000 hours non stop so far, the other one I've rebooted once in that time. It took a while to get them stable but well worth it
spikyz

Activity: 99

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 02:58:47 AM

So  I had a mixed rig (5 560's, 2 580's and 4 1080's and 1 1060) rig which it didn't give me much problems (with the exception of me only running Phoenix miner / that Zechash one)...I also have 3 Vega 64's which I was running it on it's own because I didn't have enough power to combine them (no big deal)....today, I decided to remove my Nvidia cards and put all AMD's together...this is when hell break loose!!!!  At first, window keeps crashing on me so I was able to get it stablzed @ 8 gpu (instead of 10).  No big deal, but then trying to get it to run sgminer and the damn thing just won't stop crashing (kept saying my GPU is sick)....after 5 hours or messing with it..I had enough!

I don't know how you guys do it...but you guys deserve a holiday just for putting up with this crap....all my nvidia cards....ZERO problem.   AMD...nothing but problem!

totally understand your sentiment. my RX570 took me a week to settle and stable. while nvidia cards took me only 1 day. tough week for me.
xberg

Activity: 159
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 07:08:33 AM

Running 4000+ Sapphire rx470 mining edition without any issues.
Then from the past some batches of rx480/rx570/rx580's. All doing good!

Just remember to use linux in stead of windows. HiveOs.farm is a really good OS.
Any questions, just ask!

(I really hate NVIDEA, so i got your issue turned around)  Wink

Did I read 4000 cards? 4000?! Wow...
That's around 600 KW of power? How is that possible? What sort of cable brings 600 KW? Mind boggling.
deadsix

Activity: 751
Merit: 517

Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 07:41:28 AM

Well the 460/560 is a shit card that takes FOREVER to get stable. The 470/480/570/580 are a breeze to setup and are rock solid.
Throw the 560's out and use the rest of the GPU's and you'll never encounter even a hiccup.

Ethereum/Zcash/Monero Mining Bangalore https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1703592
ne0x86

Activity: 81

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 07:50:48 AM

The problem is not the cards, the problem is the owner.

If you are noob, you got noob-problems.
DevelopmentBank

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 08:37:14 AM

Well the 460/560 is a shit card that takes FOREVER to get stable. The 470/480/570/580 are a breeze to setup and are rock solid.
Throw the 560's out and use the rest of the GPU's and you'll never encounter even a hiccup.

But don't forget about them VEGAs. Talk about hassle. You need to BIOS mod, REGEDIT, then configure overclock, then configure some cryptonight miner with so many crap settings like intensity and what-not. So unlike buying an NVIDIA card which is even almost at the same profitability levels already.
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 09:54:30 AM

totally understand your sentiment. my RX570 took me a week to settle and stable. while nvidia cards took me only 1 day. tough week for me.

That's the beauty of it, once you got it right you could rely them as work horse with a minimal price compared to nvidia. Feeling accomplished is the great feeling afterwards.

Running 4000+ Sapphire rx470 mining edition without any issues.
Then from the past some batches of rx480/rx570/rx580's. All doing good!

Just remember to use linux in stead of windows. HiveOs.farm is a really good OS.
Any questions, just ask!

(I really hate NVIDEA, so i got your issue turned around)  Wink

Did I read 4000 cards? 4000?! Wow...
That's around 600 KW of power? How is that possible? What sort of cable brings 600 KW? Mind boggling.

might be a typo error, seems like 4000 hrs to me
duhjeff (OP)

Activity: 106

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 01:44:42 PM

The problem is not the cards, the problem is the owner.

If you are noob, you got noob-problems.

sorry, we are not as cool as you....we just some home wannabe miners and that's why we here to share / vent / learn.   Now stop trolling us and go get 10000000mh on your mining farm (1 rx580 your mom got you for xmas)  Smiley
juanichiloco

Activity: 236
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 02:28:54 PM

My 5x RX570 rig has been very stable recently, running for around 3 weeks without any issues Cool

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
namelessaaa

Activity: 32

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 02:56:22 PM

If you have time and want to save money, buy AMD.
It may or may not cost your time to solve problem, mod BIOS, tuning.
And more easily crash.
But you can get a better hashpower/price.

Nvidia card can save your time, but you can get more than 1.5x hashpower/price at AMD.

That's it the choice depend on you.
Mrsmoker

Activity: 89

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 03:02:09 PM

im running my rig with claymore or GGS no problem only one equihash Wink
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: