Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:13:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Safe way to sell hardware on Ebay?  (Read 579 times)
terrapinflyer (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 11:00:08 AM

I keep hearing people say dont sell with Ebay but I have not heard from someone who has actually had a charge back happen.
Is there a safe way to mining hardware on Ebay without the risk of a charge back? Im thinking that I make a video of me showing the machine working, being packed, and provide a tracking number? I have been told that paypal will not accept a video or pictures, has anyone run into this problem?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SquallLeonhart
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1101

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 12:27:11 PM

I keep hearing people say dont sell with Ebay but I have not heard from someone who has actually had a charge back happen.
Is there a safe way to mining hardware on Ebay without the risk of a charge back? Im thinking that I make a video of me showing the machine working, being packed, and provide a tracking number? I have been told that paypal will not accept a video or pictures, has anyone run into this problem?

There is no safe way to sell hardware on ebay... now that the bitmit is closing down I don't know what to advise you but to try this forum instead?
unknownfame

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 01:14:26 PM

Selling on eBay is never safe. And it's hard starting up because you have to have customers that trusts you and feedbacks. Paypal don't allow videos too. There ar emany guides on eBay about selling too. Use it before selling.

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
terrapinflyer (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 04:05:47 PM

Thanks for the replies guys but Im still not seeing anyone that has actually been scammed, I have been selling on eBay for years and have never had a problem. I can understand not selling BTC because its not an physical item but if I have shipped something and it arrives how could the buyer claim it didnt? Tracking numbers have the weight on it, is the buyer just going to claim it was empty? If they claim its broken then they have to ship back before a refund is issued. Im just not seeing the risk here I suppose...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: