Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:35:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit - internal currency of bitcointalk.org forum  (Read 215 times)
Sivainvest (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 6

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 07:56:57 AM

Money is a measure of exchange. It is a measure of usefulness of good and servises. De facto Merit has become internal money of this forum. You make useful post - you get merit. This is how money work. After that you change those merit+your next labor (doing posts for signature bounty campaigns) for other money - bitcoin, usd, ruble, other currencies. This is forum is about cryptocurrencies. Everyone here want to have opportunity to change their tokens (different cryptocurrencies) for other tokens (+fiat) in a free way. Everyone feel this is fair.
I'm not going to argue with owners of this forum about their rules. Because this is their forum, their project.

But, I have only one question to you, owners.

Why don't you give free access to buy and sell Merit for users of this forum?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 08:01:36 AM

I think it is blindingly obvious that that would defeat the whole purpose of the system.

I'm hoping that this system will increase post quality by:
 - Forcing people to post high-quality stuff in order to rank up. If you just post garbage, you will never get even 1 merit point, and you will therefore never be able to put links in your signature, etc.

If you could just buy Merit you could carry on shitposting.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Talk merit

Activity: 244
Merit: 17

Register for Fit to Talk through me

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 08:11:10 AM

That's two members for the ignore list.

The merit system is great. It reduces the ranking possibilities of low value members who are just here for the bounty, and it highlights the people to put on ignore to speed up thread scanning.

The Talk Merit projects
 - Jet Cash has set up a number of projects for Bitcoin Talk members Click here to see the list.
tbct_mt2

Activity: 2310
Merit: 835

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 08:12:01 AM

Unbelievable! About three months after the day merit system launched, there has been still spammer who complains about merit system.
Please, stop it and give Meta board peace for a while.
Looking at your post history, most of your threads are for reporting Twitter campaigns, alt discussions, alt announcements. I don't think your threads are high quality, constructive. They were written only for earning money (sorry for saying this, but I believe it is right for your case)

Please read this one to learn from iasenko and earn merits.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3174862.0
Lunarics
Copper Member

Activity: 168
Merit: 34

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 08:21:24 AM

I came here not so long ago, in this community and after the introduction of this system I, too, so counted. But modern I changed my views, merit is not a currency. It is a system of knowledge which you get for your time spent here, and the fact that I can share my accumulated knowledge. The fact that someone I helped and was useful. buy in this world can be all but not knowledge!
Harribel03

Activity: 99
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 08:41:23 AM

Well, if the administration will tolerate this kind of exchange, shitposting will not prevent. The number one reason why merit system executed in this forum is in order to avoid spamming and shitposting. Auction and buying is not tolerable because you are just buying the Smerit from others even your post do not have quality.
If merit is available to buy, Members who have enough money will benefit more by this system. In short, newbies cannot do a lot because they don't have enough money to buy.
zenrol28
Copper Member

Activity: 854
Merit: 110

Give Hope For Everyone!

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 09:20:46 AM

No one can stop shitposters. It's part of their freedom. They'll just keep on coming. I like the way you referred merit as a currency. You'll earn it by hard-work. What  you get from hard-work, you should give it also to those who are working hard for it. Merits are proof of your hard-work. So don't be blinded by money.

Sivainvest (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 09:36:58 AM

No one can stop shitposters. It's part of their freedom. They'll just keep on coming. I like the way you referred merit as a currency. You'll earn it by hard-work. What  you get from hard-work, you should give it also to those who are working hard for it. Merits are proof of your hard-work. So don't be blinded by money.
good. the first one who is close to understand what I mean. But not very close.
Astargath

Activity: 1624
Merit: 645

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 09:44:08 AM

Another merit thread spammed to hell by idiots trying to increase their post count, what a surprise, why are mods not removing this shit?

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀          ▀▀▀█████▄
   ████▀      █████▄▄       ▀████
  ████        ██   ▀██        ████
 ████         ██    ██         ████
▐███▌         ██▄▄▄██▀         ▐███▌
▐███▌         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▐███▌
▐███▌         ████████         ▐███▌
 ████            ██            ████
  ████           ██           ████
   ████▄         ██         ▄████
    ▀█████▄▄▄          ▄▄▄█████▀
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
........NEWS, UPDATES, & ICO'S........
...FROM ALL THE PROJECTS YOU LOVE...
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
TheQuin

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 09:46:39 AM

That is because what you mean doesn't make any sense. You have failed to understand that if Merit was exchanged like a currency it wouldn't serve the purpose it was designed for.

Sivainvest (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 09:50:13 AM

That is because what you mean doesn't make any sense. You have failed to understand that if Merit was exchanged like a currency it wouldn't serve the purpose it was designed for.

you have no idea why merit system designed for. you know only what they tell you and you're trying to protect it. excuse me sir, but you are just one of brainwashed sheeps.
TheQuin

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 09:58:57 AM

but you are just one of brainwashed sheeps.

The classic answer of a fool that doesn't have an argument. The system is meant to stop people who do not deserve it from ranking up. Your mindless suggestion of making it a currency is completely counter to that. It is very simple.

Sivainvest (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:21:09 AM

but you are just one of brainwashed sheeps.

The classic answer of a fool that doesn't have an argument. The system is meant to stop people who do not deserve it from ranking up. Your mindless suggestion of making it a currency is completely counter to that. It is very simple.

Thank you. yes this is good system but not for a forum in such condition. This system had to be like this from very start. And now it is circus when youngsters who entered forum 6 months before me teach me how to live because they are Hercules Members.
TheQuin

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 10:34:23 AM

Thank you. yes this is good system but not for a forum in such condition. This system had to be like this from very start. And now it is circus when youngsters who entered forum 6 months before me teach me how to live because they are Hercules Members.

I highlighted and will answer the only part written in a form of English that is understandable.

It would have been good if this system was implemented from the start but it wasn't needed then as this forum was used by Bitcoin enthusiasts to meet and discuss relevant issues. Over the years there has been an influx of people that have heard they can make money from posting here. They mostly have no interest in Bitcoin and have nothing to discuss about it. Merit has effectively closed the door for more of these people to come here and pollute this forum. Your only resentment is that you arrived too late.

Sivainvest (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:41:02 AM

I highlighted and will answer the only part written in a form of English that is understandable.

It would have been good if this system was implemented from the start but it wasn't needed then as this forum was used by Bitcoin enthusiasts to meet and discuss relevant issues. Over the years there has been an influx of people that have heard they can make money from posting here. They mostly have no interest in Bitcoin and have nothing to discuss about it. Merit has effectively closed the door for more of these people to come here and pollute this forum. Your only resentment is that you arrived too late.

alright. let's see what is going to happen next.
ogoowinner

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:54:07 AM

Maybe we all should read the white paper as to why this forum was created. I haven't visited here for a while and I was surprised to see the Merit added to my profile.

If the merits is to root-out spammers, then it is a welcome development. Steem is trying so hard to fight spammers too, but they are still there. I hope this works, even though I'm still trying to fully understand what This Merits fully represent.
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 05:35:45 PM

But, I have only one question to you, owners.

I'm not the owner but I know what he thinks. if you want to buy merits, go to Steem, you could buy something like the merits we have here.
Not the owner's idea, mine only. would you pay $5 per merit and accept to be banned if you posted garbage according to me? you wont be able to complain when you are banned, my word would be the final word.

If you buy merits and post garbage and get banned, people would say, theymos is scamming people by taking their money and then banning them. merits come from the admin, people would blame the admin if you could buy merits, they would say, theymos is collecting money. they wouldn't say, forum members are greedy and are trying to profit from this forum, farming accounts to sell or selling merits to farm accounts to sell.

🖤😏
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 05:46:15 PM

Op you can buy merit, that's what the merit sources are for. This will seem strange to you, but you cannot use fiat, crypto or goats, although it is similar to the barter system. You need to make posts that are of quality, the quality is upto the source to decide, some like humour, some require perfect grammar and others require technical knowledge but the basis is all the same, catch a sources eye with a post and you get merits....

███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
atomous

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 05:56:43 PM

For me the best solution that I can offer to OP get out.
If you try to avoid yourself here you can have a peaceful mind that not worrying about merit. I read awhile ago one member said that don't mind about merit but mind your idea if it is informative. Whether you like it or not you you should go with the flow to make this forum meaningful again. Would you mind, I think you need to evaluate yourself if you stay or leave. Sorry for my words. Peace.  Grin
The Sceptical Chymist
Legendary

Activity: 3332
Merit: 6826

Cashback 15%

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 06:17:41 PM
Merited by Zapo (1)

I'm so tempted to just paint this guy red for suggesting a bone-headed, dishonest "solution" to the shitposting problem, but I won't.  If another DT member (or any member) did do this, I certainly wouldn't object, since it's basically calling on people to break the established rules.

OP, try to understand why merits were introduced here--though I suspect you won't ever understand or just don't care.  Probably the latter.  If people were allowed to buy and sell merits, it would defeat the purpose, and the purpose is to keep garbage posters from easily ranking up and to suppress account farming idiots who would be able to rank up an account with shitposts and activity.

You may not like it, because you have no interest in actual discussion.  Bitcointalk to you is just a cash register, not a discussion forum.  You're like a cartoon figure with dollar signs in your eyes when you go to log in.

And by the way, merit ISN'T money.  It's a mechanism by which good posters are rewarded with the opportunity to rank up and low-quality posters are inhibited from doing so.  It's a damn clever one, and I fully support it. 

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: