Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:49:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best exchange for EUR, NOW? Bitcoin-Central, Bitcoin.de LocalBitcoins, else?  (Read 4284 times)
manicminer (OP)

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 11:41:44 AM

In terms of reliability, costs? In the case of LocalBitcoins both with the use and without the escrow service.

I am confused because now the price at
Bitcoin Central is 230 euros
at Bitcoin.de is 240 euros

If I understand correctly, all 3 methods in the title work as intermediaries only and they basically match a buyer with a seller?
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
manicminer (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 09:36:00 AM

Bump. Sorry.

Please also see: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=161272.msg3600234#msg3600234
vane91

Activity: 133
Merit: 26

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 03:50:58 PM

Kraken.com
0.2% trading fee
0.25€ withdrawal fee
advanced trading options etc.
 Cheesy

If I understand correctly, all 3 methods in the title work as intermediaries only and they basically match a buyer with a seller?

Yes the market determines the price.
eliale

Activity: 838
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2013, 09:13:00 AM

Perhaps you may consider to try us.  We are not the biggest but we do offer a good  service

www.therocktrading.com

also you may find other Euro exchanges here:

http://bitcoincharts.com/markets/currency/EUR.html

Thank you

davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2013, 09:17:21 AM

Not really

Bitcoin.de works more like a centralized version of localbitcoins, it matches a buyer with a seller, they settle the transaction among themselves with a bank wire, and when the seller receives the wire he releases the coins from escrow.

Bitcoin-Central acts as escrow for EUR and BTC, not only BTC.

Both approaches have their advantages and inconvenients.

manicminer (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 01:48:04 PM

Thanks for your feedback. If I understand correctly only Bitcoin Central has a payment processor license so my EUR funds are somewhat more safe with them (not bank-safe, though), compared to other EU exchanges?
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2013, 02:06:48 PM

Thanks for your feedback. If I understand correctly only Bitcoin Central has a payment processor license so my EUR funds are somewhat more safe with them (not bank-safe, though), compared to other EU exchanges?

Bitcoin-Central has a partnership with a PSP, Paymium, the company running it (and where I work) isn't a PSP itself though.
The money is kept by the PSP (not on Paymium's corporate accounts), BC just moves it around when trades happen.

The funds are safer in the way that Paymium going belly up would have no impact on the customer's funds, the accounts opened by the PSP are in the customer's name, which means that if there ever is an issue the customer has someone to turn to. The risk of having bank accounts frozen (and customer funds with them) is also non-existent compared to exchanges who use their own corporate accounts to store customer funds.

Sevvero

Activity: 350
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 09:36:01 PM

Bitcoin-Central has a partnership with a PSP, Paymium, the company running it (and where I work) isn't a PSP itself though.
The money is kept by the PSP (not on Paymium's corporate accounts), BC just moves it around when trades happen.

The funds are safer in the way that Paymium going belly up would have no impact on the customer's funds, the accounts opened by the PSP are in the customer's name, which means that if there ever is an issue the customer has someone to turn to. The risk of having bank accounts frozen (and customer funds with them) is also non-existent compared to exchanges who use their own corporate accounts to store customer funds.
Wasn't aware of Paymium. Thanks!
manicminer (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 11:08:32 PM

So you say Bitcoin-Central is safer than Bitcoin.de, Kraken and the like? How about volume and liquidity compared on the various European exchanges?
manicminer (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 08:58:24 AM

Now I am between Bitcoin-Central (French payment processor license) and Bitcoin.de (partner of German Fidor Bank). These two credentials are safe to me.

Please help me decide: where the spread and the fees are altogether smaller and the volume is higher from the two? Or any other newcomers with similar safe credentials come to the game?
Paymium_Support

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

Paymium - Official support account

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 10:49:29 AM

Now I am between Bitcoin-Central (French payment processor license) and Bitcoin.de (partner of German Fidor Bank). These two credentials are safe to me.

Please help me decide: where the spread and the fees are altogether smaller and the volume is higher from the two? Or any other newcomers with similar safe credentials come to the game?

Hi manicminer,

Thank you for your interest in Bitcoin-Central by Paymium.
Since Bitcoin-Central is an exchange and Bitcoin dot de is more of a marketplace, here's an idea : why not try both services and see which one fits your needs better ?

Feel free to contact us if you have any question regarding Bitcoin-Central.

Best regards, 

Support team
Bitcoin-Central by Paymium
manicminer (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 03:50:29 PM

Since Bitcoin-Central is an exchange and Bitcoin dot de is more of a marketplace, here's an idea : why not try both services and see which one fits your needs better ?

Exactly what I intended to do anyways.
hashme

Activity: 115

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 11:01:59 PM

I've got negative experience while using bitcoin-central. Such as slow support, money disappearing (small amounts of deprecated currencies ), sudden changes in the terms.

I pay back 50% commissions to my referrals
https://www.okcoin.com/?invid=2013370
Fair sites only.
Paymium_Support

Activity: 63

Paymium - Official support account

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 11:25:47 AM
Last edit: April 08, 2014, 01:34:12 PM by Paymium_Support

I've got negative experience while using bitcoin-central. Such as slow support, money disappearing (small amounts of deprecated currencies ), sudden changes in the terms.

Hi hashme,

Sorry to read you've had a negative experience with Bitcoin-Central. I'd like to help. May I ask when it did happen, and could you send me your BC account # to take a look at your tickets ?
Our support team is generally pretty quick to answer tickets. We've had an unusual 48-hour delay in October/november last year, due to the price run-up and the reopening of the service, but the sign-ups / tickets queues have long been resorbed.

You can reach our support team :

By opening a ticket : https://bitcoin-central.net/page/help/tickets
By e-mail : support@bitcoin-central.net
On Twitter : https://twitter.com/Bitcoin_Central
On Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/bitcoincentral

Best regards,

Support team
Bitcoin-Central by Paymium
kingscrown

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 11:39:55 PM

i like btc-e.com

manicminer (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 03:52:39 PM

i like btc-e.com
In Bulgaria...
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 05:10:25 PM

+1 on Kraken. They're fully SEPA with Fidor Bank as partner
manicminer (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 09:44:16 PM

+1 on Kraken. They're fully SEPA with Fidor Bank as partner
Fidor is partner for both Kraken and Bitcoin.de, if I am not mistaken?
NLCOINER

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 09:59:47 AM
Last edit: April 18, 2014, 11:29:19 AM by NLCOINER

Be Careful!

Watch out with these thieves running Bitcoin-Central!

http://thebitcoinnews.co.uk/2014/04/13/bitcoin-central-net-insolvent-the-french-bitcoin-association-and-the-relation-to-mtgox/

Whole thread about their previous business where they stole A LOT of Bitcoins!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=167215.msg6278648#msg6278648

You have been warned, before they get "hacked" again and take your Bitcoins!
manicminer (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 12:38:24 PM

Be Careful!

Watch out with these thieves running Bitcoin-Central!

http://thebitcoinnews.co.uk/2014/04/13/bitcoin-central-net-insolvent-the-french-bitcoin-association-and-the-relation-to-mtgox/

Whole thread about their previous business where they stole A LOT of Bitcoins!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=167215.msg6278648#msg6278648

You have been warned, before they get "hacked" again and take your Bitcoins!

Regarding Bitcoin Central: your links are about Instawallet. Bitcoin Central is registered with the French FSA or FDIC meaning EUR 100,000 deposit insurance? I don't know; asking.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: