Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:29:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rewarding Merits  (Read 181 times)
teehaa (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 08:58:20 AM

Hi! This post is just a suggestion on the merit if you are tired reading one of this you should ignore this now

MERIT AS A REWARD SYSTEM:

We all know this is a one reason why merit system is made,A reward for those who post some Good quality Idea.This also stopped many shitposters and Account farmers and it worked.

Now for my suggestion what if some merit sources rewards those who report farm accounts to lessen the toxics in the forum since thats reason why merit system is made in that why many forum members will potentially try to eradicate the turd in this forum. AND Also this could make the moderators life easier because the trouble of finding shit account is lessen and the members will also be happy because they are compensated with merit.we all know that not all members post some quality and just a mediocre idea and its not considered as a shit post in this way the could ranked up not because of the mediocre post they made but because of the good contribution they have done to clean the community.

This could be a another way to help the community.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ginzink

Activity: 462
Merit: 118

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 09:06:21 AM

Hi! This post is just a suggestion on the merit if you are tired reading one of this you should ignore this now

We all know this is a one reason why merit system is made,A reward for those who post some Good quality Idea.This also stopped many shitposters and Account farmers and it worked.

Now for my suggestion what if some merit sources rewards those who report farm accounts to lessen the toxics in the forum since thats reason why merit system is made in that why many forum members will potentially try to eradicate the turd in this forum. AND Also this could make the moderators life easier because the trouble of finding shit account is lessen and the members will also be happy because they are compensated with merit.we all know that not all members post some quality and just a mediocre idea and its not considered as a shit post in this way the could ranked up not because of the mediocre post they made but because of the good contribution they have done to clean the community.

The idea in itself is good. But then the merit bot owners could just report themself and rank up their accounts to sell.
So it would be too easy to abuse.

Most of us report what we see, not for a reward but because we care about the forum and hate seing it being ruined by all the bots etc.
Also i cant say i agree with merits working yet, there are a crazy number of bot posts. Its like they forgot to turn off the bots or havent realized it does not work anymore Tongue
But i want merits to stay, i have no better solution to offer myself.
athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 09:15:03 AM

Well, there are many members that walk through this path, finding other alt-accounts who have done some cheating like merit farmers, merit abuser, plagiarism, copy paste, etc. It is considered as a contribution to this forum and some of them get merit as a reward, but you need to remember, doing contribution like this or making a good posts is only increasing the chance of you getting merit, it is not 100% guaranteed to get you merit, so when you do that and dont get merit, dont feel bad, just keep doing things, besides, your post is always there and people can read it sometimes in the future.
culberth

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 11:46:02 AM

There are some people who make the challenge in the form make the most substantial posts for the duration of the week and will get some merit at the end. I do not think it's all bad. Check this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3055616.0
1993jochico

Activity: 364
Merit: 46

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 12:14:26 PM
Merited by digaran (3)

I reported many users abusing the merit system but I really dont expect merits in return but I get some and feel so thankful for it, but my main goal is these https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3182306.0 users I have reported get punished because they violate forum rules and my second priority goal is to help the community.

Even though I earn some merits I really dont see my self to be a Full Member for the next few weeks because I know how hard to earn it.  But as what other says dont wait for it let the merit come to you and never expect.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: