Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 04:58:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you smoke pot?
Heeelllllzzzz yah! Dank only! - 52 (51%)
Pot?!? Hell no!! Call the cops! - 36 (35.3%)
I'm a pot virgin. But open to it. - 14 (13.7%)
Total Voters: 102

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you smoke pot?  (Read 8098 times)
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 03:30:44 AM

hands up if you know why pot was banned in the first place Grin

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 03:34:01 AM

Harry J Anslinger as the speaking figure backed by the textile industry, pharmaceutical industry and oil industry, all of which cannabis has/would revolutionalize.  Stronger textiles, safer medicine, and renewable oil.

Did you know we could grow hemp on less than 16% of available farmland and have enough biodiesel to power our entire country?

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 04:10:29 AM

Xenophobia and racism, IIRC.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 04:34:59 AM

I drove this woman to IKEA a couple weeks ago, and the whole way there and back I keep smelling skunk. Seriously! But I just thought it was some new kind of tobacco scent she was smoking with her electric cigarette. Finally, I caught her lighting the what I thought was an electric cigarette. Luckily, for her, I didn't recognize it from the get-go, otherwise I probably would have objected, especially if asked permission prior to the trip. Asking what she was doing with the lighter, she started laughing at me. She asked me if I noticed that she was lighting it during the entire trip, whereupon I replied no. Can't trust women nowadays I guess. Anyway, it took a couple days for the skunk smell to get outta my truck. Monday, we get to make the trip again to pick up the shit she ordered.

~TMIBTCITW
This time you should smoke it with her dawg!

Nice pic, Taz.

Hell, I got a little light-headed from the second-hand smoke by the time I dropped her off at her home. BTW, this chick is older than I am.
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 04:37:37 AM

Cannabis is a "plant teacher" and should be treated with respect. When the student is ready the teacher will appear.  Cool
r3wt

Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 04:38:32 AM

Cannabis is a "plant teacher" and should be treated with respect. When the student is ready the teacher will appear.  Cool

Somehow, i just knew that you were a hippie. i just knew it.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 05:54:53 AM

Somehow, i just knew that you were a hippie. i just knew it.
Yeah, he's always high.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Kiki112

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 02:18:38 PM

In the early 1900s, the western states developed significant tensions regarding the influx of Mexican-Americans. The revolution in Mexico in 1910 spilled over the border, with General Pershing’s army clashing with bandit Pancho Villa. Later in that decade, bad feelings developed between the small farmer and the large farms that used cheaper Mexican labor. Then, the depression came and increased tensions, as jobs and welfare resources became scarce.

One of the “differences” seized upon during this time was the fact that many Mexicans smoked marijuana and had brought the plant with them, and it was through this that California apparently passed the first state marijuana law, outlawing “preparations of hemp, or loco weed.”

Smiley

Racism at it's finest Cheesy

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 02:24:52 PM

In the early 1900s, the western states developed significant tensions regarding the influx of Mexican-Americans. The revolution in Mexico in 1910 spilled over the border, with General Pershing’s army clashing with bandit Pancho Villa. Later in that decade, bad feelings developed between the small farmer and the large farms that used cheaper Mexican labor. Then, the depression came and increased tensions, as jobs and welfare resources became scarce.

One of the “differences” seized upon during this time was the fact that many Mexicans smoked marijuana and had brought the plant with them, and it was through this that California apparently passed the first state marijuana law, outlawing “preparations of hemp, or loco weed.”

Smiley

Californians could then play the race card and have a judge annul the law based on that fact alone. I'm sure spitting on the sidewalk is now considered not illegal.

Meanwhile, back in Toronto: http://www.usatoday.com/media/cinematic/video/3475343/toronto-mayor-continues-bizarre-behavior-usa-now/
Kiki112

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 02:33:21 PM

Smiley

Californians could then play the race card and have a judge annul the law based on that fact alone. I'm sure spitting on the sidewalk is now considered not illegal.

Meanwhile, back in Toronto: http://www.usatoday.com/media/cinematic/video/3475343/toronto-mayor-continues-bizarre-behavior-usa-now/

it's not only california Wink
california was just first to forbid  it Cheesy

…In the eastern states, the “problem” was attributed to a combination of Latin Americans and black jazz musicians. Marijuana and jazz traveled from New Orleans to Chicago, and then to Harlem, where marijuana became an indispensable part of the music scene, even entering the language of the black hits of the time (Louis Armstrong’s “Muggles”, Cab Calloway’s “That Funny Reefer Man”, Fats Waller’s “Viper’s Drag”).
Again, racism was part of the charge against marijuana, as newspapers in 1934 editorialized: “Marihuana influences Negroes to look at white people in the eye, step on white men’s shadows and look at a white woman twice.”

Tazmo (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 03:28:00 PM

Folks used to stone (the other kind) the accused innocent to death.  
Folks used to hate, arrest, and enslave people for their color and class.

The people that used to think like this are the conservatives today that hate marijuana.  You know, the faggots like bill o'reilly.

They are losing the fight. They know it. In time Mary Jane will earn her deserved freedom.  And the drag from the past will be blow into oblivion by the most powerful weapon of all: time.

Thou can't fix stupid. God's orders. Let the reaper have em!
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 03:33:35 PM

So a good percentage of bitcoiners are drug addicts.  Cheesy

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
jackyrozario

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 05:53:51 PM

Pot?!? Hell no!

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇ ▇▇ ▇ ▇

Trade Over 140 Cryptos

Secure Platform API Support

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇ ▇▇ ▇ ▇
    ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
SlipperySlope

Merit: 501

Stephen Reed

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 06:29:24 PM

I have a vacation home high in the Colorado Rocky Mountains. Weed is state-legal there. Over 100 public retailers open January 2014.
dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 06:36:37 PM

I think the word shaman is more appropriate, seeing as weed is has no physical withdrawals.

Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 09:07:05 PM

I think the word shaman is more appropriate, seeing as weed is has no physical withdrawals.
shaman addicts? What Shocked

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 09:12:20 PM

If you're gonna use the term addicts for something that is not physically addictive, the word completely loses it's meaning.

Do you drink soda?  Addict!  TV?  Addict!  Computer?  Addict!

Someone is addicted when the physically can't stop.  Habitual user is a better word for someone who makes the choice to use.

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 09:16:10 PM

If you're gonna use the term addicts for something that is not physically addictive, the word completely loses it's meaning.

Do you drink soda?  Addict!  TV?  Addict!  Computer?  Addict!

Someone is addicted when the physically can't stop.  Habitual user is a better word for someone who makes the choice to use.
These are just excuses that addicts make.  Roll Eyes

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 09:18:28 PM

Do you drink soda?  Addict!  TV?  Addict!  Computer?  Addict!

Someone is addicted when the physically can't stop.  Habitual user is a better word for someone who makes the choice to use.

if you are unable to control your doings, and are consuming it more often then you would like.. you are an addict. so yes, you can be a sugar, tv, or computer/internet addict.

if withdrawal from those stimulants affects your daily life, then i don't see how you can label it as anything other than an addict. weed is addictive to certain people, as it is with any other enjoyable activity (such as sex, entertainment, etc).
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 09:37:31 PM

being on weed is different for every person. you may think it's great, but the next person does not experience the same thing as you under the influence. there are people who feel nauseated while on weed, just as there are some people who feel the same on alcohol. i don't like either.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: