Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:01:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you smoke pot?
Heeelllllzzzz yah! Dank only! - 52 (51%)
Pot?!? Hell no!! Call the cops! - 36 (35.3%)
I'm a pot virgin. But open to it. - 14 (13.7%)
Total Voters: 102

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you smoke pot?  (Read 8096 times)
dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 09:41:30 PM

If you're gonna use the term addicts for something that is not physically addictive, the word completely loses it's meaning.

Do you drink soda?  Addict!  TV?  Addict!  Computer?  Addict!

Someone is addicted when the physically can't stop.  Habitual user is a better word for someone who makes the choice to use.
These are just excuses that addicts make.  Roll Eyes
I could stop at any time.  In fact I've hardly been smoking recently.

But why would you want to stop indulging a plant that's never killed anybody, connects you to your soul and maintains your physical health?

It's clearly a choice people make because they view it as a positive choice.

A lot of people have trouble with weed because it deteriorates their ego or sense of self.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
Walter Rothbard

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 09:42:10 PM

No, never have, but I advocate legalization.  (And oppose regulation and taxation.)

Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 09:58:34 PM

Yay! Stoners in the lead!

Now the price needs to hit $420 so I can sacrifice a coin for an ounce for one enormous blunt. Peppered with kief and glazed in wax!  Wish I could share the love over wire!  Wink

Your dealer gets richer, and you get poorer.  Cheesy

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 09:59:33 PM

But why would you want to stop indulging a plant that's never killed anybody, connects you to your soul and maintains your physical health?

A lot of people have trouble with weed because it deteriorates their ego or sense of self.
This is exactly what an addict would say, sorry.
Connects you to your soul? As far as I know there is no such thing as a soul. Maintains your physical health? That's the job of exercise and proper diet.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 10:48:07 PM

yeah, marijuana isn't all that its cracked up to be. i smoked for 10 years, and since i've been clean i've never felt better. don't get me wrong, i missed it and its a valuable medicine for those who need it..

However, just like most other drugs, when abused it does more harm than good, even if that harm isn't physical(and it actually does physical harm to your brain, but many people don't know that.) the amount of harm it does is trivial, however be aware that some compounds present in raw marijuana(CBD) cause abnormal neuron growth in the brain, due to partial blocking of receptors. One specific risk entailed in this "neurogenesis" , is Walleria degeneration, which is an ambiguous term for brain damage occuring when a neuron loses its "myelin sheath". Based on these observations, it is said that chronic use of marijuana with high cbd ratio can lead to brain tumors in the thalamus, hypothalamus, the prefrontal cortex, and the occipital lobe. These studies were first published in a 2010 Chinese medical paper that failed to ever reach the Western Media Lime Light.

All things being equal, the amount of CBD required to produce this risk factor is roughly 1000 times the amount of CBD present in the average gram of marijuana, however it remains to be seen whether these risks can be associated with long term use, as the sample size of this study was small and the study was conducted on lab mice, so suffice to say marijuana can reasonably be viewed as a safer alternative to opiods and other pain medications.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 10:54:57 PM

I wouldn't call the cops, because they are just stupid. But I wouldn't smoke it either.  Cheesy

Cops make it worse, they'll confiscate the pot then mysteriously make it vanish.  Up their ass.
dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 11:07:33 PM

Yay! Stoners in the lead!

Now the price needs to hit $420 so I can sacrifice a coin for an ounce for one enormous blunt. Peppered with kief and glazed in wax!  Wish I could share the love over wire!  Wink
Genius idea, we should build an underground series of tubes connecting the ganjaweb, enabling remote smoking provided by blazecenters across the world.

Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 11:16:43 PM

This is exactly what an addict would say, sorry.
Connects you to your soul? As far as I know there is no such thing as a soul. Maintains your physical health? That's the job of exercise and proper diet.
How did I know someone would say that, I was thinking about adding that after the first sentence.

Maybe you should smoke some weed so you can connect yourself to your soul.  We all have consciousness.

A person shouldn't have to work out to be healthy.  And for your information, I was overweight since a kid and I played hockey for five years, didn't lose weight, worked out half the days of a week for two years for football - didn't lose weight.

Tripped acid over summer with positive vibes from my girl.  Lost 50 pounds in less than a year.  Magic.  Six pack for the first time in my life.

Too bad the doctor had to 'help' me and destroyed half my muscle and gain 20 pounds in the two weeks I was in the hospital being injected with brain shrinking drugs.

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 11:19:36 PM

I have no soul, sorry.
Good for you I guess.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 11:21:55 PM

Oh okay, didn't know you were a flesh robot.  Carry on.

markjamrobin

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 11:22:42 PM

I wouldn't call the cops, because they are just stupid. But I wouldn't smoke it either.  Cheesy

Cops make it worse, they'll confiscate the pot then mysteriously make it vanish.  Up their ass.

Or into an evidence locker...

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 11:25:13 PM

It's much better this way.  Wink

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3098

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 11:29:45 PM

Dank, do you really believe everyone around you is a robot?  Comeon...

We know that our universe has certain unbreakable laws.  That means magic can't exist.  That means no magical consciousness.

What you think is a consciousness is just neurons firing in your brain.  Yep, that's it.

We also know the pot and alcohol kill brain cells, especially in developing minds.  You'd admitted you smoked and drank a lot under age.

Hopefully one day you will realize you are wrong and everyone else is right.  But with your mental problems it can't be guaranteed.

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 12:00:04 AM

Dank, do you really believe everyone around you is a robot?  Comeon...

We know that our universe has certain unbreakable laws.  That means magic can't exist.  That means no magical consciousness.

What you think is a consciousness is just neurons firing in your brain.  Yep, that's it.

We also know the pot and alcohol kill brain cells, especially in developing minds.  You'd admitted you smoked and drank a lot under age.

Hopefully one day you will realize you are wrong and everyone else is right.  But with your mental problems it can't be guaranteed.
If you are not a conscious being, what are you?  Please explain.

Our universe has no laws, only energy.  As someone else put it "There are no rules other than those evolved by the necessity of energy manifesting the experiences intended by Consciousness, or.. by the self-imposed limitations of our own individualized perceptions.."

You are only limited to your beliefs.

Weed is found to promote brain cell growth, I can share the study if I must, can't same the same for alcohol.

Never did I say I drank a lot.  I've drank like 4-5 times in my life.

I am wrong and everyone else is right?  Roll Eyes Ohkay, how about nobody is wrong we just have different interpretations and perceptions of reality?

Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 12:08:17 AM

1.  Our universe has no laws, only energy.  As someone else put it "There are no rules other than those evolved by the necessity of energy manifesting the experiences intended by Consciousness, or.. by the self-imposed limitations of our own individualized perceptions.."

2.  You are only limited to your beliefs.

You believe you can stop clouds with your mind.  You believe one day you will fly.  Both are impossible by the physical laws of our universe, therefore your statements do not make sense.

Your perception of reality is obviously different compared to mine, and I am the one with the undamaged mind.   Wink

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 12:38:42 AM

1.  Our universe has no laws, only energy.  As someone else put it "There are no rules other than those evolved by the necessity of energy manifesting the experiences intended by Consciousness, or.. by the self-imposed limitations of our own individualized perceptions.."

2.  You are only limited to your beliefs.

You believe you can stop clouds with your mind.  You believe one day you will fly.  Both are impossible by the physical laws of our universe, therefore your statements do not make sense.

Your perception of reality is obviously different compared to mine, and I am the one with the undamaged mind.   Wink
I not only believed I could stop a piece of a cloud, I did do just that with two other people.  Therefor, the physical laws of our universe do not make sense.

The only damage done to my brain was from a private medical institution practicing psychotherapy that involuntarily held me captive unless I agreed to take drugs.  I didn't agree and was held down by 6 people and molested with a two needles, one in my cheek.  That geodone shit made me feel like I was completely going insane and losing all grasp of my consciousness.  That was the only moment in my life where I was too fucked up to know what was going on.  Then the Invega, the drug which blocked out dopamine receptors, sucked out all emotion in life and has been found to measurably shrink your brain (and the people that make the meds say "Oh, noz it's the mental illness that do that", just to be proven wrong in a later study).

Yet somehow doctors can still legally force these highly dangerous chemicals into a teenager's body because he thought people were trying to kill him?  For thoughts?  WTF?

Yes, my brain was damaged when I was attacked by medical professionals.  Luckily the drugs only fogged my mental clarity, they did not change the beliefs and spiritual teachings I had learned the year prior.  No, the drugs I take for spiritual growth do not damage my brain, they evolve it, increase my senses and perception and ultimately awareness.  I see more than when I was a kid, I see farther than when I was a kid, I see more detailed, I see everything.

Which is why I could weave a car or a bike through traffic at twice the speed of the other cars on the highway.

If you brain is so much better in it's unchanged form, try doing the things I have, if you're not to fearful.  Luckily all that acid 'melted' away any spot of fear left in my brain.

Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 12:42:56 AM

I not only believed I could stop a piece of a cloud, I did do just that with two other people.  Therefor, the physical laws of our universe do not make sense.

You were high at the time, and your brain physically damaged due to abuse.  Your reality was skewed as was the two other people (if they were eve real) with you.

To a normal observer, nothing happened in our universe.

The physical laws of the universe are the great equalizer. We all know them to be true, so when someone says they can break them, we know that person is wrong.

I believe you when you say the laws do not make sense.  But that does not make them any less true.

dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 12:58:24 AM

Explain to me, how can three people all see the same thing happen if it's not indeed happening or we're not all connected in some way?

Laws are not natural, they're man made, there are no laws to the universe.  Nature is the great equalizer.

Still, even if the clouds did not indeed alter the physical universe, the time at the beach when a lamp jumped off the table (with no one around and everyone seeing it fall) and we had to pick it up, that didn't happen either right?

My experiences outweigh your lack of experience.

Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 01:03:57 AM

Explain to me, how can three people all see the same thing happen if it's not indeed happening or we're not all connected in some way?

I just did.  Your brain was messed up and you saw things that were not there. Most of us have experienced this at some point in our lives, high, drunk, sick, etc.  But not when we are sober and healthy.

Laws are not natural, they're man made, there are no laws to the universe.  Nature is the great equalizer.

Again, you say this because your brain is messed up.  Normal people know that gravity is a physical law which cannot be broken in this universe.  No matter how high you get.

When a person says they can break a physical law, it just tells everyone they are not completely there mentally.  Then when you admit you have done drugs and drank heavily while your brain was still developing, well that's just icing on the cake.

Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 01:16:24 AM

My experiences outweigh your lack of experience.

This reminds me of the young drunk girls that always come up to me when I'm bouncing.

They all tell me they have experienced far more in their short life than most people.

It's funny to listen to, because they are so messed up.   Cheesy

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: