Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:31:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Core privacy  (Read 175 times)
Sindin15 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:20:35 AM

Hello, I´d like to get deeper privacy on fullnodes.
Which kind of information we can obtain being an active fullnode?
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16620

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 10:24:57 AM

Let me start with a counter question: what are you trying to accomplish? If you want to run a full node to log IP addresses of connected nodes, that is unethical to say the least.

Sindin15 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:33:20 AM

Your question seems correct and timely, but I only want the information about the bitcoins' privacy because I'm doing a study about it for my thesis.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16620

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 10:58:07 AM

I'm doing a study about it for my thesis.
It would be a good start if you share what you've found so far. After all, you'll have to write your own thesis.

Satoshi's whitepaper is a good start. It may also help to look at Bitcoin as "electronic cash", but with a permanent ledger that keeps track of all transactions. If one entity knows a transaction belongs to you, he may be able to link other transactions too. If you want to be sure no node can link any transaction you broadcast to your IP addresses, you can use Tor or a VPN.

Xynerise

Activity: 322
Merit: 363

39twH4PSYgDSzU7sLnRoDfthR6gWYrrPoD

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 11:46:05 AM

Hello, I´d like to get deeper privacy on fullnodes.
Which kind of information we can obtain being an active fullnode?
The same info you'd get from any block explorer: transactions, blocks, etc.
Plus  IP addresses of connected peers.
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2018, 09:03:07 AM

..but I only want the information about the bitcoins' privacy because I'm doing a study about it for my thesis.

What exactly are you searching for?
A lot of information can be found on the internet.

Xynerise already has mentioned which information can be obtained from a full node.

But if you are looking for a deeper insight into the privacy of bitcoin you might read this for the pros of core regarding privacy: https://bitcoin.org/en/bitcoin-core/features/privacy.
Or this as a general article about privacy/anonymity of bitcoin: https://www.coindesk.com/anonymous-bitcoin-backgrounder-policymakers/

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: