Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 02:45:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Whats happening to BTC ?  (Read 4262 times)
theonewhowaskazu

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 08:23:16 PM

When there are not enough people spending hoarding BTC the exchange rate goes down.

Fixed for you.

Bitcoin is like a stock and we're the company so we can support it's share price (value) by making successful business with it.

A company is typically not paid in its own stock as payment for services provided.

Currency != stock.

BTC-Market

Activity: 229
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 08:57:00 PM

I find it interesting that your thread is about "Why it went down?" instead of "Why it went up?"

Bitcoin is at over $300 if you haven't noticed, this is huge.
Tirapon

Activity: 898
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 09:02:06 PM

You have angered the China by making too many new threads in speculation. The China is punishing you for your lack of discipline!
libity

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 09:49:27 PM

It has been pointed out before that pandas are not actually bears

I hate FUD being spread so I must point out that the giant panda (the big black and white thing typically associated with China) most definitely IS a bear.

Not to be confused with the red panda which isn't a bear.
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 4386

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 10:00:25 PM

OMG, I have been misled

pandas ARE bears

SELL SELL SELL!!!!

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
antimattercrusader

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 10:18:00 PM

I hate FUD being spread so I must point out that the giant panda (the big black and white thing typically associated with China) most definitely IS a bear.

Ohhh SHIT! *spills coffeee* logs onto Gox, can't even remember password... finally gets on... market SELL!!!!

Actually, I think we've found the bottom.

BTC: 13WYhobWLHRMvBwXGq5ckEuUyuDPgMmHuK
freequant

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 11:22:18 PM

It's going to go somewhat lower than the current price we see at this moment. A plateau will ensure and shortly after, the decline.

As for the week, I believe it's going to be quite interesting what happens. However, for now, the forecast is a downtrend.
Seconded.
People who look at the 1m chart aren't going go buy more because it shouts "bubble pop in progress".
Even the mkst bullish charter won't be able to find a uptrend now.
I guess people who bought anywhere higher than 200 must start feeling that their profit is at risk, and a sharp drop could even eat in their principal.
So it's an understatement to say that buy pressure is shrinking and sell pressure building.
It may not drop to pre-bubble levels though since many of us can't care less what the price is and won't sell their coins no matter what. But drop deeper it will.
Gumbork

Activity: 583
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 01:55:56 AM

Nothing happen, just profit taking....

▄
            ▄███▄
          ▄███████▄
   ▄▄▄    █
█████████
   ███
    ███████████▄
██    ████    ████████▄
      ████    ██████████
  ████    ████▀██████████
  ████    ██▀   ▀█████████▄
      █████       █████████▄
      ███▀         ▀████████
  ██████▀           ▀███████
  █████▀             ▀█████
   ████ █▄▄▄     ▄▄▄█ ████
    ███ ▀███████████▀ ███
     ▀▀█▄ █████████ ▄█▀▀
        ▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄▀▀
●●
●●
●●
●●
●●
●●
|●  facebook
●  reddit
●  ann thread
|
█ ██
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██

██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
██ █
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 02:30:29 AM

Ohhh SHIT! *spills coffeee* logs onto Gox, can't even remember password... finally gets on... market SELL!!!!

Actually, I think we've found the bottom.

From the San Diego Zoo website:
The Chinese call their beloved pandas "large bear-cats." - See more at: http://animals.sandiegozoo.org/animals/giant-panda#sthash.fn2DJPnB.dpuf

Large Bear-Cats!?  That does not really clear up this issue. 

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 02:45:15 AM

There were a lot of coins out there that wanted to move on to these exchanges, but they wernt moving as fast as the chinese were buying. This caused liquidity problems which sent the price higher than would otherwise have been achieved if all of the coins that wanted to move onto the exchanges could have moved onto the exchanges more quickly. after a period of time balance between buyers and sellers was restored and that is where we are now. a more realistic price that reflects real supply and demand rather than an inblance in the time that it takes to buy off an exchange vs get coins onto an exchange.

of course this is just speculation, but i think its a pretty good guess since at one point btc china was as low as 2000 btc in liquidity.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: