Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:38:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PROXIMAX ICO  (Read 397 times)
rockethead (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 04:49:37 PM
Last edit: April 15, 2018, 06:34:48 PM by rockethead
Merited by rigel (1)

INTRODUCING A BLOCKCHAIN 3.0 PROTOCOL

What is ProximaX?

ProximaX is an advanced extension of the Blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) with utility-rich services and protocols. With a NEM.io inspired blockchain layer at its core, a decentralized storage layer through IPFS, and a P2P multimedia streaming and messaging layer powered by PeerStream Protocol (PSP), ProximaX will enable a rich, all-in-one platform for broader cross-industry application and decentralized app development.

Features

BLOCKCHAIN

ProximaX leverages NEM technology to provide private and public blockchain, enabling anyone to join and participate in the network. An incentivization mechanism will be implemented to encourage more users to join and participate in the network.

STORAGE

ProximaX is a storage solution based on InterPlanetary File System (IPFS), a Distributed File Management System (DFMS) protocol. Essentially, it is a decentralized storage network using a peer-to-peer distributed architecture that frees up users from the influence of any third-party storage provider.

STREAMING

ProximaX will utilize PeerStream Protocol (PSP) to be provided by PeerStream, Inc. The protocol will provide node privacy in P2P messaging, online presence, routing and real-time streaming protocol designed for secured off-chain communication channels between crypto identities.

CONSENSUS

ProximaX will use multi-layered consensus protocols for voting, governance, harvesting and to reward network nodes for contributing storage and bandwidth resources on the network. ProximaX nodes, DApp developers, and content creators will be rewarded in XPX tokens based on their various business models on the platform.

To maintain its integrity and value, ProximaX steps up the game from traditional blockchain and introduces concurrent advanced and complex consensus algorithms with a combination of 1) Proof of Importance (PoI), perfected by NEM; 2) Proof of Storage (PoSt),  for measuring allocation of distrbuted disk space, and; 3) Proof of Bandwidth (PoB), a costly and more precious commodity in delivery of data and streaming media – in a side chain. Bandwidth measurement is rarely factored into mainstream blockchain projects as a reward metric to the node workforce. ProximaX is changing that.

Use Cases

ICO

Start date   15th of April 2018
End date   25th of April 2018
Tokens for sale   5,000,000,000
Amount of tokens/stake   5,000,000,000 / sold stakes
Amount of stakes available   150,000
Price of stake   USD$750
Soft cap   No softcap
Hard cap   150,000 stakes * USD$750 =  USD$112.5M
Minimum purchase amount   0.1 stake = USD$75
Maximum purchase amount   USD$10,000 without extended KYC, unlimited with extended KYC
When tokens will be issued?   Within 1 month after ICO
Accepted currencies   XEM, BTC, ETH, XAR

tonylewisverdu

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 04:51:59 PM

I saw this in icodrops.. I just want to ask what is your justification for asking a very big amount of hardcapped?
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 04:58:33 PM

The wording's a bit woolly.

Is this a layer on top of NEM or a completely separate chain?
rockethead (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 05:04:56 PM

Hardcap is the limit and we need to put a cap and hence the justification is to not go beyond.

I saw this in icodrops.. I just want to ask what is your justification for asking a very big amount of hardcapped?

rockethead (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 05:05:45 PM

It is indeed a layer on the NEM blockchain.

The wording's a bit woolly.

Is this a layer on top of NEM or a completely separate chain?
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 05:06:42 PM

Good luck with it. I'm dead curious to see what the appetite for ICOs is at the moment.
Sateetje

Activity: 323
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 05:12:29 PM

The combination with the different layers, NEM and PeerStream is powerful.

ProximaX - Sirius Chain - XPX - METX

Blockchain - Storage - Streaming - Super contracts - Build-In DEX - NFT - Gaming
rockethead (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 05:13:19 PM

Thanks. I should say the appetite has not been that great for ICOs. Having said that, ICOs are beginning to be tough to launch in many jurisdictions. This project is among those exceptions in that we are offering a utility token. Another tough problem is that KYC is become even more stringent. This has dampened the landscape somewhat as well. So, it is a double whammy.

But we are confident that we should be able to raise a substantial amount as evident from our private sale. In any case, I am confident this is one project that will kick off. It also has an MVP as well. No vaporware here.  Grin

Good luck with it. I'm dead curious to see what the appetite for ICOs is at the moment.
sedou

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 04:38:42 PM

$112 M marketcap is quite high. Projects that ask these amounts are the greediest in this space which will reflect on smart investors avoiding it. Do the tokens get burned if they dont reach hardcap?
rigel
Legendary

Activity: 1240
Merit: 1001

Thank God I'm an atheist

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 03:03:33 PM

$112 M marketcap is quite high. Projects that ask these amounts are the greediest in this space which will reflect on smart investors avoiding it. Do the tokens get burned if they dont reach hardcap?

No, will be divided between all the investors
dissident

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 03:09:37 AM

It's hard for me to want to invest in anything new anymore given there's so many coins that make generic claims like the ones Proximax does. Plus the name.. not very catchy. I had a NEM stake and am grateful for the money I made but the environment has changed so much.. with 4 billion coins or 44% of the coins locked up for use in other areas, why should I invest in yet another money grab? If NEM's code was good it should stand on it's own and not require more funding.  All over the crypto space I see new coins, ICOs, lots of promises for a lot of the same features, but then the original coins are often forgotten and it seems like people just want to make a quick buck. I'm skeptical on this ICO as I am probably 99% of altcoins out there today. I'll give you credit for having names behind the development. All these coins make all these claims but almost none of them are actually being used for the features they have, except perhaps Ethereum and a few others.  I've turned very skeptical on this space in general and mostly invest to daytrade now. Blockchain is great tech but I don't believe most coins trading today will be around in 5-10 years... this whole space has become a big pyramid scheme.   Plus nothing that is open source has inherit value.. the value is in patenting the technology, keeping is closed source, and marketing it, and the few coins who claim to do this I'm convinced are scams (xtrabytes, unfortunately as I'm still invested in it). I admit I'm a bit out of the loop on new offerings though.

Oh and I can remove this deeponion signature... one bleeping week of not having a stupid post on their forums and being denied my onion was enough for me.
Sateetje

Activity: 323
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2018, 06:03:52 AM

Official announcement topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3323593.0

ProximaX - Sirius Chain - XPX - METX

Blockchain - Storage - Streaming - Super contracts - Build-In DEX - NFT - Gaming
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: