Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:02:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about cloud mining platforms  (Read 122 times)
linkab (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 04:51:22 PM

Hi all!
I'm new to this forum, so sorry if haven't found required subject. I'm wondering your opinion about cloud mining platforms - does they all scam or there is an ability to mine some using their service.
Thanks for your advices!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 04:56:57 PM

Most(probably 99%) are scams. And to the cloud mining services that aren't scams(for now, at least), you don't actually profit off them. Best case scenario is that you breakeven with the costs and your profits. If you want to do real mining, unfortunately you'd really just have to buy the right hardware.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
linkab (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 05:06:49 PM

Thanks for answer.
Bad to hear.. Don't have an ability to invest money to hardware now. Maybe there is some list or something in forum, where I can find mining platform from last 1%? Smiley
And would be appritiate for the bitcoin price, which make cloud mining process profitable.
bobo012

Activity: 714
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 05:14:10 PM

Hi all!
I'm new to this forum, so sorry if haven't found required subject. I'm wondering your opinion about cloud mining platforms - does they all scam or there is an ability to mine some using their service.
Thanks for your advices!

I wouldnt say they scam, at least not the reputable ones. It is just that you buy a fixed hashrate contract, that gets obsolete quickly. So you maybe wont roi on your contract.
mk4
Legendary

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 05:18:08 PM

Thanks for answer.
Bad to hear.. Don't have an ability to invest money to hardware now. Maybe there is some list or something in forum, where I can find mining platform from last 1%? Smiley
And would be appritiate for the bitcoin price, which make cloud mining process profitable.

Re-read my previous reply on this thread. You're not going to make money off cloud mining. If you could, then people would've went all in on these services.

Tell you what. On one of the cloud mining sites I've visited in the past, the cheapest cloud mining variant is like $30. Guess what. I tried it just for shits and giggles. A year later, not a single payout because I didn't even earn enough for the transaction fee to be worth it.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
linkab (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 05:21:21 PM

Hi all!
Thanks for your advices!

I wouldnt say they scam, at least not the reputable ones. It is just that you buy a fixed hashrate contract, that gets obsolete quickly. So you maybe wont roi on your contract.

Sorry for dumb question, but how can hashrate contract become obsolete? I thought, you buy some "power for mine coins" and get back those coins as a result.
Or problem hiding in growing mining complexity?
mk4
Legendary

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 05:23:30 PM

Hi all!
Thanks for your advices!

Sorry for dumb question, but how can hashrate contract become obsolete? I thought, you buy some "power for mine coins" and get back those coins as a result.

They don't necessarily become "obsolete", but the power you rent gets irrelevant as days go by because of the increasing mining difficulty of bitcoin and other coins. Hence, your profit gets lower and lower until you get close to zero in payouts.

For more information about this:

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
linkab (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 05:28:02 PM

Hi all!
Thanks for your advices!

They don't necessarily become "obsolete", but the power you rent gets irrelevant as days go by because of the increasing mining difficulty of bitcoin and other coins. Hence, your profit gets lower and lower until you get close to zero in payouts.

For more information about this:

Now I start to understand.
Will definitely read, thanks!
shirackjs

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 05:33:39 PM

Most of the cloud mining services take a long time to break even. You are better off to use the money to buy the coin from market directly or do the traditional mining if your electricity cost is low.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: