Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:04:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2018-04-11]Crypto Exchange Bittrex Reopens Registrations, Users Lambast New Int  (Read 121 times)
Diced90 (OP)

Activity: 994
Merit: 515

Get'em boys

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 05:45:37 PM

Crypto Exchange Bittrex Reopens Registrations, Users Lambast New Interface

Update: due to “an overwhelming response from new users,” the Bittrex exchange has paused new registrations, promising to resume them “as soon as possible.”

Crypto exchange Bittrex, the 7th largest worldwide by trading volume as of press time, has reopened its registration portal for new user accounts, the company announced April 10. In December 2017, the exchange was forced to start temporarily turning away new users, due to a massive influx of signup requests.

Not everyone in the crypto sphere is celebrating however. The vast majority of tweets responding to Bittrex’s stirring declaration — “The.Wait.Is.Over” — were disgruntled by the new interface, with one user decrying it as “merely an exercise in CSS prettiness,” and another:
Where is the buy price, bid price, last price and 24hr high and low. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️ you have one job. Just one job. pic.twitter.com/sy58s1F0Kh

— $XVGHODLER “Will not giveaway Verge” (@Nachillo1) April 10, 2018
Others apparently faced unexpected errors when attempting to register and even log in, and within hours of reopening, Bittrex in fact had to again temporarily pause sign-ups, citing “the overwhelming response” from new users as its reason.

Crypto person “Tulips de’ Medici” quipped:
Look I’m trying to open an account for my future kids. This is important.

— Tulips de' Medici (@cryptodemedici) April 10, 2018
Bittrex is a major US-based crypto exchange, and its founders have a background in security at Microsoft.

Bill Shihara, Bittrex’s CEO, has emphasized the exchange’s commitment to KYC and AML compliance in a Unikrn Radio podcast, and in October 2017, Bittrex disabled thousands of accounts for compliance reviews without prior warning.

The excitement of some other users is nonetheless hard to deny:

pic.twitter.com/ON3ozM9XrP

— Crypto2U [APRIL 16th MOON BEGINS] (@Crypto2U) April 10, 2018

https://cointelegraph.com/news/crypto-exchange-bittrex-reopens-registrations-users-lambast-new-interface
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zickle

Activity: 308
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:02:17 PM

To my great regret, bittrex has change the great design to ugly interface. I will use it a little less of this reason.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:29:31 PM

To my great regret, bittrex has change the great design to ugly interface. I will use it a little less of this reason.

I can't say I was ever a fan of the old one and haven't spent much time checking the new one apart from a cursory glance.

However you feel about their look, it is an encouraging sign that they were overwhelmed so rapidly. I didn't expect there to be a great deal of pent up demand. They could of course all be desperate to dump.
zickle

Activity: 308
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 11:19:10 PM

Besides the terrible design. Look on they logo in the main page on PC, the text "bittrex" without font smoothing. They still have not fixed typo SETTTINGS. Problems with scrolling and many other things.
Mobile version is adapted for PC, that's the problem. It's like a console game adapted for PC, you know what I mean.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 11:58:10 PM

Besides the terrible design. Look on they logo in the main page on PC, the text "bittrex" without font smoothing. They still have not fixed typo SETTTINGS. Problems with scrolling and many other things.
Mobile version is adapted for PC, that's the problem. It's like a console game adapted for PC, you know what I mean.

I can't believe anyone would do serious trading on a phone so a mobile optimised site seems completely nuts to me. Then again I guess they'll know their demographic better than me. Sounds like a silly one.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: