Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:36:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I need advice  (Read 238 times)
BitcoinNosi (OP)

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 06:56:56 PM

When is the best best time to sell between the 2 highs?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jaycee99

Activity: 1036
Merit: 273

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 07:15:19 PM

Here I said this from my previous post and I hope this would still be helpful

Just buy low and that is 0.25$ and you go SELL IT when it reaches 0.00012 BTC (0.50$) and you will earn and benefit from it or in the midle lane of  0.25$ and 0.50$ but if I were you hold until it increases more or just sell it when it reaches 0.50 $

Here are my previous post that I think might help you

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3301681.msg34481480#msg34481480

And

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3256069.msg33914671#msg33914671

I hope my previous post well help you

ajeef

Activity: 728
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 07:20:22 PM

My advice is that you look the past chart and find similar situation in the past, maybe that will help. If this is the first situation like this try to look for bars at the volume chart if there are some high red/green that will help you to predict how the price will move.
bluprint

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 07:30:04 PM

Changed the time chart.come to the small time frame
atrocityx

Activity: 336
Merit: 71

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 08:54:26 PM

Pretty hard to answer really.  A lot of when you sell something would be based on your entry... If you mean historically between he two highs obviously the best time to sell would have been in June of 2017.  You would have capitalized on the highest btc amount per token and could have ridden BTC up all the way on the bull run.  My strategy is simple.. buy something for X BTC.. sell for higher btc.. any profit cleared and actualized is a good trade.  The unfortunate part is Golem may never return to the BTC amounts it was in June, so you may take a loss if you bought it at an all-time high.. but selling it now is obviously not a good idea. It's just hard to understand if you mean between the dip now after the run-up looking at the past history with the dip or if you're looking at it more of a lesson on if BTC or USD value is more important.  Just check what your average satoshi buy-in is if you're looking to seel in comparison to what it is now and if you're in profit and if not, how much further you have to go and is that feasible.  

Never trade off of USD values in this market unless you're actualizing profit as soon as you finish the trade to cash out.  Ignoring satoshi comparative values is a good way to erode several X gains in this market because even though BTC is fudding pretty hard right now it will likely not last forever.
conty

Activity: 34

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 09:06:07 PM

easy , if you would sell on top of the first high you would have more both $ and BTC now
kolinko

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 09:37:18 PM

Use the knowledge of candlestick chart analysis that you have learned in the past with the cryptocurrency market to determine the next trend. You can use the basic lines such as RSI, MACD, fibonacci, bollinger bands ... to determine the entry point is more accurate.
Biscutard

Activity: 759
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:35:33 PM

Pretty hard to answer really.  A lot of when you sell something would be based on your entry... If you mean historically between he two highs obviously the best time to sell would have been in June of 2017.  You would have capitalized on the highest btc amount per token and could have ridden BTC up all the way on the bull run.  My strategy is simple.. buy something for X BTC.. sell for higher btc.. any profit cleared and actualized is a good trade.  The unfortunate part is Golem may never return to the BTC amounts it was in June, so you may take a loss if you bought it at an all-time high.. but selling it now is obviously not a good idea. It's just hard to understand if you mean between the dip now after the run-up looking at the past history with the dip or if you're looking at it more of a lesson on if BTC or USD value is more important.  Just check what your average satoshi buy-in is if you're looking to seel in comparison to what it is now and if you're in profit and if not, how much further you have to go and is that feasible.  

Never trade off of USD values in this market unless you're actualizing profit as soon as you finish the trade to cash out.  Ignoring satoshi comparative values is a good way to erode several X gains in this market because even though BTC is fudding pretty hard right now it will likely not last forever.
Yes, it is obvious that the answer is Jun '17 since bitcoin price was higher than current USD price but considering the price today that OP want to sell is not appropriate yet i think. If you look at the price, it was dumping since Jun 2017 and it got rose back at Jan 2018 and then dump again until it starts to rise up again slowly on April 10, 2018 and still growing until today. I wonder if it will dump again after it rose a bit higher today.
Sweetyeds84

Activity: 95

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 02:05:15 AM

If you are prefer so sell your coins in bitcoin then i would say you have to base on the first pump amd if you want to convert your coins into usd then i would sellect the seconde pump for usd.
Koro-Sensei

Activity: 658
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 02:16:53 AM

If you are prefer so sell your coins in bitcoin then i would say you have to base on the first pump amd if you want to convert your coins into usd then i would sellect the seconde pump for usd.
This post was answered already by higher members and not in need of help anymore so maybe avoid spamming or face the consequences in this forum. Please be advised don't spam after this, they asnwered it already not being salty just being concerned in this community with so many spammers that needs to be stopped.
galio_ico

Activity: 190

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 03:57:01 AM

best of best if you had a chance, I would sell it to bitcoin then hold the bitcoin till it clam to 20k$, then sell bitcoin
you got double profit. get as much usd as I can.
but that rarely happened :V

numanoid
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1148

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 04:10:37 AM

best of best if you had a chance, I would sell it to bitcoin then hold the bitcoin till it clam to 20k$, then sell bitcoin
you got double profit. get as much usd as I can.
but that rarely happened :V
Off topic? This is about Golem token and why the fuck are you talking about bitcoin price? Almost all people would sell their bitcoin when it back to $20k.
apityeh71

Activity: 476

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 04:13:29 AM

Dont be greedy is key of success in trading, so its better to sell it in the first high. Higher profit will be has higher risk, after sell it in first high you can buy other coin that the price in the bottom. So just chooce more safe way to earn money.

DaddyMonsi
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 04:17:44 AM

This post was answered already by higher members and not in need of help anymore so maybe avoid spamming or face the consequences in this forum. Please be advised don't spam after this, they asnwered it already not being salty just being concerned in this community with so many spammers that needs to be stopped.
That's nice in showing concern in this forum to make sure forum is clean spammers but before you start looking at others post, try to take a look at yours first. You just repeated what you said in the first sentence. This is called post padding to make sure that post is long enough to be counted and paid.

This post was answered already

they asnwered it already

not in need of help anymore so maybe avoid spamming

Please be advised don't spam after this

just being concerned in this community with so many spammers that needs to be stopped.

Back to the topic:
Try going back up to 7 days and look at the lowest price and highest price. If the price dropped only yesterday versus price starting 7 days ago, price may continue to drop further unless the developers can come out with something positive to change the direction of the price. If I we're you, just set an amount or percent of increase of price that is achievable, 3-5% profits per day is not bad, rather than wait for the price to hit 50% profit which may take days or weeks to achieve. The risk of loosing is high if you trade that way. It's just my 2 cents, you still control your money, it's you who will decide.
Beerwizzard

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 04:46:09 AM

Whenever you want, lol. Concidering that you are probably trading golem coins without any leverage there is no need to chech smaller timeframes in order to track smaller movements (ofc if you are not a golem whale). But if you are looking for the best moment between those to hights then the earliest one will be the best. As I see BTC had a significant pump and golem had much slower  growth. But anyway it is easy (and useless) to make such "reviews" while looking on past data.
katiecbell

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 11:27:44 AM

You have to follow the first jump, because you have the time to understand the chart there. You can judge easily when to sell. Estimated price can be obtained there where you can decide is the maximum probability of the coin price. There is maximum probability and takes the decision to sell your coin there but if you want huge profit the do not sell at both the jumps because the jumps are low in price as compared to the previous last huge jump.
onnz423

Activity: 840
Merit: 508

Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 10:18:51 PM

The best time to sell is whenever it reaches the next high? Why would you sell between two highs, that's what is known as a trough (peaks and troughs). Selling at one of these points likely means that you are not maximizing your profit, as it has risen far higher twice (on either side). Hold until the next peak, then sell when it approaches its ATH.

▄▄██████▄▄
  ████████████
███▄▄
 ██████████████▀▀▀██▄
████████████████   ▀██▄
████████████████     ▀██
██████████████       ██▌
██████████████        ▐██
██▌▀▀██████▀▀         ▐██
▐██                   ██▌
 ██▄                 ▄██
  ▀██▄             ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄▄     ▄▄▄██▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀   ▄ ▀███▀ ▄   ▀█████
████  ▄████▄ ▀ ▄████▄  ████
███  ▄ ▀███▀ ▄ ▀███▀ ▄  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀ ▄█ ███████ █▄ ▀█  ██
██   ▄███▄ █████ ▄███▄   ██
███  ████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████  ███
████  ▀ ▄ ▀█████▀ ▄ ▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀▄ ███ ▄▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████

█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
javadevm8

Activity: 81

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 12:19:11 AM

Just set a sell at 50% profit and see if it fills lol
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 05:18:09 AM

Historical data has shown the best time one can actually buy bitcoin and make some good money and always the right time to sell and be in good profits! Bitcoin has show many pattern that has prove price direction on when to sell and until those area are broken.
mudasarali43

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 07:18:27 AM

This Chart is showing the profit ratio and time also, You can learn well and get good profit at the time of high Bull Chart when prices are good to sell and and when market goes down you can buy and again try to sell at high price,, i think this is the good advice.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: