Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 12:31:55 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: USB erupters for "fun"  (Read 468 times)
bdhaven (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 06:38:49 PM

Hey all-
I ordered two ASICminers Erupters to play with (I know I am losing money but I don't care) and am using Asteroid. I've got one of them running just fine, but the other is not doing anything. The LED will flash every now and then but the system is reading ~335.8MH/s. Any ideas? I was enjoying learning about this the hard way but its starting to aggravate me.
Anyone?

I'm on a 2010 MacBookPro using the latest Asteroid miner.
Edit- They both mine ~335mh/s when plugged in one at a time.

-Ben
Ally_Rob

Activity: 52

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 04:28:12 AM

USB Erupters ;
  If the green light stays on, they are not mining.

If the green light goes off , flashes randomly, they're mining.

Get yourself a powered usb hub. They say the erupters use 2.5watts. So make sure your hub is able to supply that.  (voltage_out_put_of_the_hub * amps_output_of_the_hub) / 2.5amps = the number of erupters you can run.
balanghai

Activity: 364
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 04:31:35 AM

Also buy a rPi for lesser power consumption. And if you don't want to buy a rPi you can always use an intelligent router. With DDWRT and it will mine for you. Enjoy!

PS. If you want to earn you can check cex. look at my sig. You can buy and sell GHs and earn while holding them or sell when it's higher than your purchase price.
LuoboTiX

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 10:42:25 AM

That means, the power supply is not enough for one of your USB miners.
Generally a USB port provides 500mA, and USBminer needs 500~580mA to work.
A usb hub with power supply is required or you may try to connect the LED-always-green USB miner to another USB port of your PC instead.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: