Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 08:47:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Alternative to Bitmit?  (Read 1931 times)
nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 04:39:54 AM

You could post on bitcoin-otc. It's a little bit of a process to get started, but worth it, especially if you do a lot of trades and build up your OTC trust.

Thanks. In all honesty, I can't imagine posting so much that I'd become a full time member... what about using a trusted member here for escrow services?

That would work, but like I said, being a trusted member puts the other people at ease!

So to become a trusted member, I'll need to sell something and get good feedback. And pretty much the only way someone would have confidence in the trade is if I have trust... trust that I can't get without first making a sale. This is more difficult that I thought it be.

Very simple. At first people wont trust you with sale, so they will go through a lot of precaution, and as you become more trusted, people will be more comfortable and will take less precautions.

Lucky Cris (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 04:55:00 AM

You could post on bitcoin-otc. It's a little bit of a process to get started, but worth it, especially if you do a lot of trades and build up your OTC trust.

Thanks. In all honesty, I can't imagine posting so much that I'd become a full time member... what about using a trusted member here for escrow services?

That would work, but like I said, being a trusted member puts the other people at ease!

So to become a trusted member, I'll need to sell something and get good feedback. And pretty much the only way someone would have confidence in the trade is if I have trust... trust that I can't get without first making a sale. This is more difficult that I thought it be.

Very simple. At first people wont trust you with sale, so they will go through a lot of precaution, and as you become more trusted, people will be more comfortable and will take less precautions.

I can definitely understand that. I guess it's just getting the first sale or two. So I have several items I'd like to sell... should I post them all at once, or as separate forum items? Some of the things I'd like to sell are:

USB block erupters
USB hubs
Raspberry Pi
Motorola Droid X
iPod Nano
External hard drive
iPad mini
Truck rims
2 keyboard portfolios for iPad

nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 05:05:03 AM

I can definitely understand that. I guess it's just getting the first sale or two. So I have several items I'd like to sell... should I post them all at once, or as separate forum items? Some of the things I'd like to sell are:

USB block erupters
USB hubs
Raspberry Pi
Motorola Droid X
iPod Nano
External hard drive
iPad mini
Truck rims
2 keyboard portfolios for iPad

Sell them 1 at a time. From least to greatest in price. Post in the Marketplace->Goods section.

bitcoindigi

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 06:02:13 AM

coingig.com is probably the best alternative at the moment. needs some work though
penguin_brian

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 12:05:59 AM

coingig.com is probably the best alternative at the moment. needs some work though

coingig.com seems to be targeted at USA residents only. Looking at items at random, most only ship to USA, although just found one that only ships to Canada. Doesn't seem to be anyway of finding out where the item ships from.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: