Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:51:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there a solution for bounty payment issues?  (Read 150 times)
AlekSandRAx (OP)

Activity: 127
Merit: 6

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 08:50:00 PM
Last edit: May 17, 2018, 09:57:17 PM by AlekSandRAx

First let me apologise for any mistakes in technical details or language. I'm still new at the forum, but I would like to share my thoughts anyway with those who know the field better. Critics are welcome!

I think it's ironic that on the verge of smart contract implementation in every field, we are facing payment isuues and exploitation by companies, who are supposed to improve the economic state and business in general.

Is there no solution to prevent such things from happening?

Is it not feasible, for a project who runs the campaign, to make a smart contract, which obligates them to to carry out payments, as soon as they reach hard-cap?

I know they can’t predict the number of participants, but they know the the  volume of tokens allocation for the bounty. Perhaps they could obligate independent bounty manager, who would update smart contracts regularly in parallel with participants reports managing.

This would be the solution for projects that meet hard-cap but still don’t pay the bounty participants. If the hard-cap isn't met, the problem remains.

What do you think of the idea? Are there any other suggestions?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ruletheworld
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1045

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 10:30:01 PM

First let me apologise for any mistakes in technical details or language. I'm still new at the forum, but I would like to share my thoughts anyway with those who know the field better. Critics are welcome!

I think it's sad and ironic that on the verge of smart contract implementation in every field, we are facing payment isuues and exploitation by companies, who are supposed to improve the economic state and business in general.

Is there no solution to prevent such things from happening?

Is it not feasible, for a project who runs the campaign, to make a smart contract, which obligates them to to carry out payments, as soon as they reach hard-cap?

I know they can’t predict the number of participants, but they know the the  volume of tokens allocation for the bounty. Perhaps they could obligate independent bounty manager, who would update smart contracts regularly in parallel with participants reports managing.

This would be the solution for projects that meet hard-cap but still don’t pay the bounty participants. If the hard-cap isn't met, the problem remains.

What do you think of the idea? Are there any other suggestions?

You can do all that, but you cannot automate real-world information, for example, whether you're spamming or whether you're producing extremely low quality stuff. That's usually why these things are still centralized. Otherwise, the system becomes easy to game.
stil55

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:34:19 PM

You wrote a good idea for bounty companies not to be deceived in bounty payments if a hard cap was reached. I met several projects that have not paid a bounty to forum members although a hard cap has been achieved. Smart contracts will solve this problem with no bounty payment, it will also be a more transparent and democratic solution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: