Bitcoin Forum
July 17, 2024, 11:40:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HACKED!!!  (Read 1533 times)
TheRealJonnySmithers (OP)

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 01:05:10 AM

Is everything OK now?
Yeah everthing is back to normal now!
Thanks Grin
Yay!   Have you detained the hacker?  Cheesy
I'm not sure Undecided the whitehat helped me get my account back.

this is scary  Shocked
I know, right?

How much was the tip?  Grin
Hehe how much should I have sent?
torontocoinexchange

Activity: 37

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 01:09:09 AM

So what just happened?  Someone hacked your account and you just got it back?
wraymund

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 01:14:15 AM

Is there any information about how this attack was perpetrated? Due to the "forgot my password" being hacked, I'm assuming OP was hacked through e-mail, but I'm not sure. Thoughts?
TheRealJonnySmithers (OP)

Activity: 59

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 01:20:00 AM

So what just happened?  Someone hacked your account and you just got it back?
Yeah that's pretty much what happened. I think I got hacked due to a crappy anti virus program.
Anyone have recommendations for a decent, reliable program?
SistaS0uljah

Activity: 43

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 01:28:26 AM

Is there any information about how this attack was perpetrated? Due to the "forgot my password" being hacked, I'm assuming OP was hacked through e-mail, but I'm not sure. Thoughts?
I agree that this would provide others with valuable information.  Considering what happened in the forums last month, no one is safe from scoundrels on the internet and we can all learn a valuable lesson from this incident.

But the happy ending of this event proves to me that this community is astoundingly honest and helpful to folks who need assistance with security.  The whitehat hacked the account from the blackhat because s/he knew the vulnerability that was exploited, and went to great lengths to determine that TheRealJonnySmithers was the genuine victim and helped him regain control of his original account (and very likely included lots of great advice in the message transmitted with the new password).  S/He earned a decent tip not only for the de-tech-tive work, but also for his/her admirable virtue and honesty.  If s/he can provide us with details about the hack and how to safeguard our own accounts, I'd gladly tip the mysterious stranger.

This renews my faith in the humanity and kindness of the bitcoin community and the kind of world we're trying to create with the help of this amazing technology.
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 4415

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 02:28:14 AM

don't believe nothing

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 05:54:03 AM

If you had an adobe account registered with the same email, that's where you should look for starters.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
bennybong

Activity: 682
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 06:14:17 PM

My account was hacked once, no idea how but all they did was use my account to spread Yacoin FUD. wtf.

Complete waste of a hack IMO  Huh
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: