Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 02:26:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Free Internet + Cash  (Read 1725 times)
MaxBTC1 (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 12:53:34 AM

So I have free internet 24/7 and some money to spend, I have followed Bitcoin for years so thought I might get into mining Bitcoin/Litecoin/Peercoin

What are my best options?

My laptop is Lenovo u410, i5, win7
GPU is Intel HD 4000, and NVIDIA GeForce 610m if that is of use.

Thanks.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 01:13:54 AM

So I have free internet 24/7 and some money to spend, I have followed Bitcoin for years so thought I might get into mining Bitcoin/Litecoin/Peercoin

Thanks.

Sadly integrated intel GPU's are not good for much, and GeForce are much more limited then AMD on mining (not to mention laptop).  Free electricity will get you much more then free internet.  If you are in a apartment that does not charge overages or something... litecoin might be worth looking into.

Do you happen to have a desktop?  Even one that isnt a powerhouse could run some of the USB or blade options if you want Bitcoin mining.  
MaxBTC1 (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 01:25:38 AM

Thanks.

Sadly integrated intel GPU's are not good for much, and GeForce are much more limited then AMD on mining (not to mention laptop).  Free electricity will get you much more then free internet.  If you are in a apartment that does not charge overages or something... litecoin might be worth looking into.

Do you happen to have a desktop?  Even one that isnt a powerhouse could run some of the USB or blade options if you want Bitcoin mining.  

Yup, I know my specs aint all that but I do have free internet and free electricity.  And no, no desktop.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 01:35:20 AM

Then it would be beyond pointless unless you like the possibility of destroying your laptop for a few pennies a day.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 02:05:20 AM

Thanks.

Yup, I know my specs aint all that but I do have free internet and free electricity.  And no, no desktop.

Look into Primecoin if you know you will be living there for a while with free electricity.  I would get a desktop just for it.   Before you spend a ton, i would make sure no overages in contract or inspections that they will find mining equipment and want it gone.
Gumbork

Activity: 583
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 02:07:24 AM

Thanks.

Well, even though everything is free but your laptop isn't free. You would spoil your laptop in no time....

▄
            ▄███▄
          ▄███████▄
   ▄▄▄    █
█████████
   ███
    ███████████▄
██    ████    ████████▄
      ████    ██████████
  ████    ████▀██████████
  ████    ██▀   ▀█████████▄
      █████       █████████▄
      ███▀         ▀████████
  ██████▀           ▀███████
  █████▀             ▀█████
   ████ █▄▄▄     ▄▄▄█ ████
    ███ ▀███████████▀ ███
     ▀▀█▄ █████████ ▄█▀▀
        ▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄▀▀
●●
●●
●●
●●
●●
●●
|●  facebook
●  reddit
●  ann thread
|
█ ██
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██

██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
██ █
weredo911

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 12:14:42 PM

What's so great about Primecoin? Huh

I have pretended to be mentally retarded for seven years.
kuusj98

Activity: 812

I <3 VW Beetles

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 02:50:39 PM

It's a CPU coin, and it's awesome becouse the network has already put out some record Prime numbers Wink
Thenen

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 03:38:45 PM

Way better then mining Bitcoin with CPU.. the profit is way higher...
balanghai

Activity: 364
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 04:03:24 PM

Buy cex GHs because it's the quickest way to deploy cloud mining. You can have as much GHs as you can afford. Sell some if price is high and earn from mining while holding the GHs. You can check it at my sig.
navigator

Activity: 362
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 04:16:29 PM

Free electricity isn't that big of a deal. There are plenty of miners legally paying for cheap electric. They are in a better position than someone with free electric because they could grow their operation to many KiloWatts of usage or more. There is no one with free electric that can do that.
SquallLeonhart
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1101

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 02:01:56 PM

Buy cex GHs because it's the quickest way to deploy cloud mining. You can have as much GHs as you can afford. Sell some if price is high and earn from mining while holding the GHs. You can check it at my sig.

Agree but just if the price is cheaper..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: